Anyone On Here Gamers?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
snatchel
Posts in topic: 5

Anyone On Here Gamers?

Post by snatchel »

I'm curious if there is anyone on here besides me who are gamers? I'm an Xbox gamer fanatic... Reply with your gamertag if you are!

Mine is...
MisterSnatchel
No More Signature

ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Anyone On Here Gamers?

Post by ajwakeboarder »

I play quite a bit. But i'm a poor college student without much money, so i don't have most of the newer games. ajwakeboarder
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

gregthehand
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gregthehand »

I play COD on PS3. Right now I'm playing MW3 of course. I don't get to play that often, mostly on the weekends.

My username is gregthehand on the PS3 network as well.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

Topic author
snatchel

Post by snatchel »

haha. I am also a broke college student. My brother bought me MW3 this weekend as a early Xmas present. I'm about... 3/4 through the campaign. I'll see you boys on the battlefield. :fire
No More Signature

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

well shoot. I keep hearing about MW3. I'm gonna have to go sell some of my blood or something to try and scrape some money together to buy it. :lol::
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

74novaman
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 74novaman »

There is a big thread in the computer section about this. I have an xbox, but don't have live. I'm mainly a PC gamer.

Starcraft 2 is the main game I play right now, but I'm really excited about Counterstrike: Global Ops and DIablo 3 coming out next year. :)
TANSTAAFL

CEOofEVIL

Post by CEOofEVIL »

I'm a gamer as well. My heart is in PC gaming, but I do own and use a 360 as well. Been spending most of my time lately on Battlefield 3, and World Of Tanks for my non-FPS needs. Unfortunately Call of Duty sort of lost its appeal to me as a PC gamer.

I have to say, it does tickle me when people pull the whole "Just because you play <insert name of popular FPS here> doesnt mean you know anything about guns", I can smile and say to myself "Why yes, I do know a thing or two about them, no thanks to the games". There are a great deal more repsonsible, experienced firearms owners out there who play games than most people realize, we just keep that fact to ourselves (unlike the online rambos who have indeed never handled a real weapon).

BF3 is great by the way! It's actually got some nifty realism with the firearm models (IE: reloads dont ignore the particular weapons battery of arms unlike some other games), and I dig that. GAME ON! :anamatedbanana

TexasComputerDude
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasComputerDude »

PC gamer here. I mainly play Minecraft, Skyrim and DCU at the moment. I want to get back into battlefield but after playing the demo I just don't know. I was a hardcore BF2142 player.
Glock 30 - main ccw

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 6

Post by OldCannon »

As a former employee at the Xbox group in Microsoft, you'd _think_ that I spend some serious time on the Xbox, but not anymore. Too much "real life" these days - like shooting at an IDPA match yesterday :) I also play a LOT more PC games than Xbox, just because of the overall superior experience for a lot of the newer games (BF3 is a blast -- you can find me on there as LetsKillDave).

In the past I played MMOs a lot too, but my new FFL business has (happily) refocused me.

Nowadays, I use my Xbox for Kinect-based exercise stuff or playing my drum kit on Rock Band 1/2/3/etc. My "rule" these days is that the Xbox's job is to get me off my butt and make me move when it's too hot/cold to do things outside (and have fun dong it :mrgreen: )
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

CEOofEVIL wrote:I'm a gamer as well. My heart is in PC gaming, but I do own and use a 360 as well. Been spending most of my time lately on Battlefield 3, and World Of Tanks for my non-FPS needs. Unfortunately Call of Duty sort of lost its appeal to me as a PC gamer.
I really want to get Battlefield 3, but I need a graphics card upgrade to do so. And I'm trying to save money for an AR build...decisions decisions. :banghead:
TANSTAAFL

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

74novaman wrote:
CEOofEVIL wrote:I'm a gamer as well. My heart is in PC gaming, but I do own and use a 360 as well. Been spending most of my time lately on Battlefield 3, and World Of Tanks for my non-FPS needs. Unfortunately Call of Duty sort of lost its appeal to me as a PC gamer.
I really want to get Battlefield 3, but I need a graphics card upgrade to do so. And I'm trying to save money for an AR build...decisions decisions. :banghead:
Not that you want to hear this, but...my "regular" job is at NVIDIA, so the graphics card problem was already solved for me. My 6.5 Grendel AR upper should get here next week :mrgreen:

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

OldCannon wrote: Not that you want to hear this, but...my "regular" job is at NVIDIA, so the graphics card problem was already solved for me. My 6.5 Grendel AR upper should get here next week :mrgreen:
Nice! My problem is my old laptop AND my wifes laptop died at the same time last year as she was starting med school, so I went with as good a PC I could get at a budget price. Been looking at my options, and I think whatever card I go with I'm going to need to upgrade the power supply as well. But with so many games out/coming out like Battlefield 3, Diablo 3, the next Starcraft expansion, Counterstrike Global Offensive.....I'd really like to have a nicer card.

right now I play SC2 with graphics settings on low. It works, but its a shame since I have my PC hooked up to a 42" tv and good graphics on such a huge monitor would be awesome. :coolgleamA:
TANSTAAFL

zero4o3

Post by zero4o3 »

I just picked up MW3 for the xbox

gamertag "zero4o3"

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

PC Gamer. I have a PS3 at home but it is for my kid when he comes over on weekends.
I am currently playing Fallen Earth (think Fallout 3 for MMPORPG).
My callsign: I think you know it!
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Purplehood wrote:PC Gamer. I have a PS3 at home but it is for my kid when he comes over on weekends.
I am currently playing Fallen Earth (think Fallout 3 for MMPORPG).
My callsign: I think you know it!
Interesting, my brother LOVED Fallen Earth and wrote several mods for it. I guess he was well known for some of his work. As a person in the game development industry, I tend to look at games with a critical eye. My experience playing Fallen Earth was that the developers got together and said, "Let's make the WORST MMO evar!" and each developer took it as a personal challenge to outdo each other in horribleness. I'm sure you don't feel that way (I know my brother didn't), but I think in many cases, video games are like sausage and laws. You shouldn't watch any of the three being made "rlol"

Return to “Off-Topic”