Took the gang to the range the other day.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Took the gang to the range the other day.

Post by VoiceofReason »

The family was here a couple of days ahead of Thanksgiving. My grandson about 18 years old wanted to go to the range and everyone else liked the idea. We loaded up the gang and drove to the range about 4 or 5 miles from my house. I made the range owner happy when I told him 8 people.

My oldest Grandson is married to a very petite girl. She wanted to shoot my Kimber 1911. We told her it had quite a recoil but she wanted to shoot it. I put only one round in it to start with in case she dropped it. When she pulled the trigger, her eyes teared up and she handed the gun to my grandson shaking her head no. Well she wanted to try it again later and before we left she was banging away with it.

Well everyone had a great time and I corrected the problem I realized I had and was shooting great groups. I picked up the tab for the ammo and the range fees which stung a little but it was worth everyone having a good time. When we got home, my son, son in law, and two grandsons broke the guns down and cleaned them real well. It was a good day and some in the family learned a few things.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Took the gang to the range the other day.

Post by RPBrown »

Its always a great time when the family shoots togeather. We do it often as well.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

v-rog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by v-rog »

I'll add that it is always nice when someone volunteers to clean your weapons! :thumbs2:
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

Topic author
VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

When my grandson’s wife reacted the way she did after the first shot (she actually had tears in her eyes) I thought she would never pick up a gun again.

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I looked over in about an hour and watched her put a magazine through it then had a smile on her face. :hurry:
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

CrimsonSoul

Post by CrimsonSoul »

Scared me for a second. I read the title and I thought you brought your gang members to the range! Just thinking about all that holding a pistol sideways shooting got me all shook up! I was about to lecture you on how inaccurate of a shooting stance that is, haven't you seen the Mythbusters episode about that!?!
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

Topic author
VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

CrimsonSoul wrote:Scared me for a second. I read the title and I thought you brought your gang members to the range! Just thinking about all that holding a pistol sideways shooting got me all shook up! I was about to lecture you on how inaccurate of a shooting stance that is, haven't you seen the Mythbusters episode about that!?!
Like this? " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; "rlol"

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Without pics, it didn't happen. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Without pics, it didn't happen. :mrgreen:
I have the range receipt for a little over $90.00, and the WalMart receipt for the ammo at around $95.00, does that count? :lol:

Still stings. :roll:

ddstuder

Post by ddstuder »

VoiceofReason wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Without pics, it didn't happen. :mrgreen:
I have the range receipt for a little over $90.00, and the WalMart receipt for the ammo at around $95.00, does that count? :lol:

Still stings. :roll:

Sounds like its time to start reloading!

:thumbs2:
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

v-rog wrote:I'll add that it is always nice when someone volunteers to clean your weapons! :thumbs2:

Funny, that never happens when we go. Although I have stopped cleaning the kids guns for them. If they can shoot it they can clean it.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Off-Topic”