Texas Bound...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Texas Bound...

Post by The Annoyed Man »

snatchel wrote:Madeit safely toAZ, currently sitting a few miles outside of the Grand Canyon at our hotel. We got here with just a couple hours of daylight left... So instead of heading to the national park we just took the pup on a brisk hike. Gonna get up early and head to the southern rim.

TAM, if you got held up east of Seligman, there was a really bad accident. A big traveling van flipped a couple of times in the median.... Rolled all the way down the slope. I'm not sure if anyone could have survived. Be safe!
For better or for worse, we missed it. We spent last night in Amarillo. Having lunch right now in Albuquerque. Spending tonight in Flagstaff. We'll make our hotel room in Pasadena tomorrow night.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

snatchel wrote:By the way, CHP presence was HEAVY on I-40 corridor after ya cross into Cali.
I 'spect they're lookin' for speeders and other scofflaws...which is their job.

The Annoyed Man

Sittin' in room 116 at the Best Western Flagstaff, waiting for a pizza delivery. Snatchel, if you want to party, you're going to have to bring your pizza! :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Oldgringo wrote:
snatchel wrote:By the way, CHP presence was HEAVY on I-40 corridor after ya cross into Cali.
I 'spect they're lookin' for speeders and other scofflaws...which is their job.
You are welcome to correct me if I am wrong, and I would imagine that any of the LEO/former LEO on here will...but I'm going to guess that none of those CHP joined up to be a revenue generation machine for the State of California...I imagine they wanted to "catch bad guys". Just like I joined the USAF to fix airplanes, but somehow spent quite a few hours sweeping hangars as a young airman and writing reports as an old sergeant. Its all that fine print stuff they get you with...

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Post by apostate »

I hope the pizza got there. ;-)

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Sittin' in room 116 at the Best Western Flagstaff, waiting for a pizza delivery. Snatchel, if you want to party, you're going to have to bring your pizza! :mrgreen:
Drive safely, TAM. There are speeders out there as well as other evil doers who are loose on the roads.

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...you just gotta tell him that as he's 'bout to put his pistols in ziplocks and bury them at the rest stop on the KA state line...

The Annoyed Man

Well, the pizza got here, but snatchel didn't. We were forced to eat the whole thing by ourselves. :mrgreen:

We'll stop in Kingman for In 'n Out burgers and we'll disarm and lock up the guns while we're there. Both of my guns and my wife's are California legal, so we shouldn't have any problems with them. I still have a knife and a stout cane, both of which are legal in California. After all, who would deprive a crippled old man his cane and whittling knife?

BTW, I will be representin' Texas at my brother's wedding. I'll be wearing the hat in my avatar, a sport coat, wranglers, and a pair of fancy Lucchese boots. I imagine that some of the weaker sisters from West L.A. will get the vapors, but that's just collateral damage. :mrgreen:

#TINVOWOOT

strider67

Post by strider67 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: BTW, I will be representin' Texas at my brother's wedding. I'll be wearing the hat in my avatar, a sport coat, wranglers, and a pair of fancy Lucchese boots. I imagine that some of the weaker sisters from West L.A. will get the vapors, but that's just collateral damage. :mrgreen:
Gotta love it!!!
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Well, the pizza got here, but snatchel didn't. We were forced to eat the whole thing by ourselves. :mrgreen:

We'll stop in Kingman for In 'n Out burgers and we'll disarm and lock up the guns while we're there. Both of my guns and my wife's are California legal, so we shouldn't have any problems with them. I still have a knife and a stout cane, both of which are legal in California. After all, who would deprive a crippled old man his cane and whittling knife?

BTW, I will be representin' Texas at my brother's wedding. I'll be wearing the hat in my avatar, a sport coat, wranglers, and a pair of fancy Lucchese boots. I imagine that some of the weaker sisters from West L.A. will get the vapors, but that's just collateral damage. :mrgreen:
:txflag:

cbunt1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cbunt1 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I will be representin' Texas at my brother's wedding. I'll be wearing the hat in my avatar, a sport coat, wranglers, and a pair of fancy Lucchese boots. I imagine that some of the weaker sisters from West L.A. will get the vapors, but that's just collateral damage. :mrgreen:
I am partial to the 'Texas Tuxedo' myself. In Houston, its appropriate attire from the BBQ stand to the Boardroom, and most places inbetween!

Safe travels!
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

The Annoyed Man

Nearly home! Spending the night in Odessa. I don't mean to offend any Odessans who populate this board, but do you ever get used to your town smelling like a fart? I know that's the smell of money....but still.... :smilelol5:

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
snatchel
Posts in topic: 7

Post by snatchel »

LoL. Good ol' Odessa. TAM, welcome back to the Land of The (mostly) Free, and Home of The Brave. Glad you are back in our great state safely. Welcome home!
No More Signature

Return to “Off-Topic”