Camping suggestions

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Camping suggestions

Post by jmorris »

pbwalker wrote:My vote is for Pedernales Falls State Park. The primitive camping is secluded and the park had awesome trails to hike. There may not be much of a river there now, but it's a great park nonetheless.

As of 12/01/2011:
12/01/2011 - The Park is currently allowing campfires but conditions are still very dry & fire restrictions are being reevaluated on a daily basis. Visitors should contact the Park directly for the most recent information.
The following is from the Pedernales site but I believe it is true of every state park with primitive sites.

....hike-in primitive campsites (X mile minimum; no pets allowed; no groundfires; self contained fuel stoves only)....
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Camping suggestions

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I saw lots of "Camping Areas" along I-20 in Odessa. You'll have to hang an automotive air freshener from the tent pole though if you want that fresh piney woods smell. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”