Best BBQ Joints in TX

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Best BBQ Joints in TX

Post by RoyGBiv »

jdlott74 wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:I arrived in Texas about 8 years ago from NC. To me, BBQ will always mean PORK. Beef is nice for variety, on occasion.

That said, Hard-8 in Stephenville is pretty good and the beef ribs at Coopers inthe Fort Worth stockyards is the best beef BBQ I've had anywhere outside my back yard.

What part of Carolina are you from? I grew up about 45 min from Durham, up toward the big ole town of Roxboro...
Pittsboro. Although I'm a Blue Devil fan. Those Tar Heels went straight down hill after Michael Jordan.

Allen & Sons is one of my favorites.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

jdlott74

Post by jdlott74 »

RoyGBiv wrote:
jdlott74 wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:I arrived in Texas about 8 years ago from NC. To me, BBQ will always mean PORK. Beef is nice for variety, on occasion.

That said, Hard-8 in Stephenville is pretty good and the beef ribs at Coopers inthe Fort Worth stockyards is the best beef BBQ I've had anywhere outside my back yard.

What part of Carolina are you from? I grew up about 45 min from Durham, up toward the big ole town of Roxboro...
Pittsboro. Although I'm a Blue Devil fan. Those Tar Heels went straight down hill after Michael Jordan.

Allen & Sons is one of my favorites.
AAAHHHH, a man after my own heart. I actually worked for Duke University for 4 years, I moved to TX for a while, then moved back and ended up working for UNC Hospitals. I have always been a Blue Devil and it wasn't anything to walk across campus and see a Basketball Player, there or in the mall at Northgate or South Square.

I have a friend that I grew up with that lives in Pittsboro.
My CHL Application
10/23/2010 -- CHL class
10/25/2010 - Quals and Fingerprinting Done
11/3/2010 -- Application mailed to DPS
11/9/2010 -- Received at DPS
12/18/2010 -- Plastic in hand

fickman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by fickman »

I just learned that Hard Eight opened a new restaurant in Roanoke. . . looking forward to trying sometime soon. I've heard from three family members that it definitely raises the bar for my area.

If we just want chopped beef sandwiches, Cousin's gets more than a pass.
Native Texian

Piney
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Piney »

We're fans of 4Corners BBQ. I-10 Freeway and Lynchberg Ferry Rd- Baytown. I like their ribs-tinder but still al dente' ( I know-- its a pasta term LOL).

Papacub

Post by Papacub »

Divided Attention wrote:Shame on me! I forgot; somehow, about McKenzies in Conroe! YUM! Great bakery too!
I have to agree, McKenzies in Conroe and now in Huntsville. :txflag:
Texas CHL Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified RSO
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA

Drjfiremedic

Post by Drjfiremedic »

Bunkhouse BBQ in Meridian Texas is an excellent Bar B Que establishment. A ma and pa type place with a neat atmosphere. I found it completely by accident while traveling through there for work. Now it is definitely worth the side trip to eat there. Plus the scenery is much pretteir out there than from 35.

Jeff K.

Post by Jeff K. »

Toodie's - Hearne
Joe's BBQ - Alvin
Texas Pit Stop - La Marque

All great choices. Proud to live in Texas!
02/16/12 - 1st Purchase of a Handgun
02/18/12 - CHL Class Completed
03/01/12 - Application Completed
03/02/12 - Application Mailed off
03/31/12 - Mailed
04/09/12 - Plastic in Hand!
51 days

cajunautoxer

Post by cajunautoxer »

puma guy wrote:I already mentioned this place in a previous post. Since some are posting pictures I thought I would, too. Other than the sauce being a little sweet (really doesn't need sauce) they serve really good, consistent BBQ. They have nothing but 5 star reviews. They actually have a website which surprised me (it's very, very basic and no frills). This picture was the 'main' page. The building is basic also, made from old cargo containers. I also should have mentioned they serve the best sausage in town (V&V Cistern, texas) smoked turkey on Thursdays. If you're ever in Pasadena ( Hwy 225 @ Pasadena Blvd) see what you think.

I pass the sign to this place all the time. I need to stop by. There's Bay Area Meat Market in Seabrook TX that has great ribs and chicken. I'm not a fan of their brisket

Keith B
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Keith B »

OK, not sure this BBQ place is in Texas, but too funny not to post a link to.

Warning, slight cursing in video.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Art S

Post by Art S »

puma guy wrote:
Art S wrote:I am kind of partial to Andy’s Hawg Wild Bar-Be-Que in Pasadena: http://andyshawgwildbbq.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They have good Baked Potato Salad also.
When I was in Georgetown getting my instructors license I found "The Pit": http://thepitbbq.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Both really good places for BBQ. :drool:
Andy's is pretty good BBQ. I frequent it for lunch. I have to force myself to say "no" to the banana pudding, but every so often I give in, YUM! I had them cater three different times and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the fare. I also like No Name BBQ.
Finally got around to trying that banana pudding at Andy's Hawg Wild. Great way to end a plate of porka-bobs.
Did you learn something new today and did you smile? if not, why?

Have a Great One,
Art S.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I was fixing to post in the Rudy's thread but I saw we had this one going.

Swinging Door in Richmond (on FM 359) is on my short list to try.

In Austin, a friend I've known for years named Chase opened a BBQ truck called The Blue Ox last year. I only just recently got to eat there when we took a weekend trip to Austin. His espresso rubbed pork tenderloin is to die for and his pulled pork is about some of the best I've ever had and I would consider myself a bit of a pulled pork connoisseur. And the German made potato salad is good enough to make you want to slap your grandma. He has a fixed location behind the Buzz Mill Coffee shop on Town Center.

http://www.blueoxbarbecue.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And he didn't pay me for that endorsement, I just think he makes an amazing spread.

And this isn't Texas but if you ever find yourself in Huntington Beach, CA or San Luis Obispo, CA do stop in at Mo's and enjoy a meal there. Their North Carolina style pulled pork topped with slaw is indescribably good.
Psalm 91:2

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Black's in Lockhart. Case closed.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 10

Post by WildBill »

SQLGeek wrote:And this isn't Texas but if you ever find yourself in Huntington Beach, CA or San Luis Obispo, CA do stop in at Mo's and enjoy a meal there. Their North Carolina style pulled pork topped with slaw is indescribably good.
:iagree: Mo's has great coleslaw and freshly fried potato chips. They also have a location in Pismo Beach.
NRA Endowment Member

A-R
Posts in topic: 12

Post by A-R »

If you're touting "good barbecue" in Kalifornia, I think the Texas Rangers can run you out of the state for such transgressions. It's one thing to prefer Deep South pulled pork over Texas brisket (a matter of taste), but to actually enjoy BBQ from a communist state is akin to treason.

:evil2:

:biggrinjester:

WildBill
Posts in topic: 10

Post by WildBill »

A-R wrote:If you're touting "good barbecue" in Kalifornia, I think the Texas Rangers can run you out of the state for such transgressions. It's one thing to prefer Deep South pulled pork over Texas brisket (a matter of taste), but to actually enjoy BBQ from a communist state is akin to treason.
:evil2:
:biggrinjester:
I only recommend it if you are stuck in California and get homesick for good Texas BBQ. :lol:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”