NY Parents Outraged Over Daughter’s Spelling Words: ‘Gun’

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

NY Parents Outraged Over Daughter’s Spelling Words: ‘Gun’

Post by RPB »

New York, it's a whole nother country .... where gumballs grow on trees and cotton candy sprouts in the garden and ...

NY Parents Outraged Over Daughter’s Spelling Words: ‘Gun’ and ‘Rob’
(I commented, they'll go berserk when the kid has to learn to spell "reality"
I'm guessing they also don't teach English grammar
Posted on February 9, 2012
I looked at it and I seen the word ‘gun’ on it. The first thing I thought was ‘oh no no no,’ I don’t want you reading it, I don’t want you spelling it. I don’t even want you looking at the picture,”
Also, If those THREE/FOUR things were the FIRST THING thought, I wonder what the second thing was or would that be the fourth/fifth? I knew a girl once who had racing thoughts, she took a medicine for it...

You must read the rest to believe it at
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ny-pare ... nt-2836829" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

speedsix

Re: NY Parents Outraged Over Daughter’s Spelling Words: ‘Gun

Post by speedsix »

...I laughed...but when I read the linked stories, I rolled in the floor...and I only had time for page 1 of the "comments"...but seems like most readers have a good grasp of what the problem is... :lol:

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

“You‘re teaching them that guns are okay because you’re putting it in their homework, you‘re teaching them that robbing is okay because you’re putting it in their homework,” Takiema Reynolds, the girl’s mother, told the station.

And what is the mother teaching the girl? Maybe she should be teaching her daughter that robbing is not OK. Is she leaving it up to the school to teach her daughter everything?
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

rwg3

Post by rwg3 »

I thought they were upset because she was supposed to spell...pistol. :biggrinjester:
"Moderation is the silken string running through the pearl-chain of all virtues", Thomas Fuller

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

rwg3 wrote:I thought they were upset because she was supposed to spell...pistol. :biggrinjester:
Maybe they wanted to learn her how to write a proper hold-up note and not: "Apt natural. I am pointing a gub at you!"

[youtube][/youtube]
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

VoiceofReason wrote:“You‘re teaching them that guns are okay because you’re putting it in their homework, you‘re teaching them that robbing is okay because you’re putting it in their homework,” Takiema Reynolds, the girl’s mother, told the station.

And what is the mother teaching the girl? Maybe she should be teaching her daughter that robbing is not OK. Is she leaving it up to the school to teach her daughter everything?
The mother has an interesting first name. It's not one we hear everyday.

SRH78

Post by SRH78 »

This reminds of when I was in kindergarten. The teacher asked us to come up with a word that started with the letter M. The rest of the class said mom or milk. Not me, my word was mercinary. Being a little suprised, the teacher asked me if I knew what it meant and, of course, I did. :cheers2: I guess maybe I wouldn't fit in very well in NY. :headscratch

As for the story in the link, the mother, besides being nutty as a fruitcake, is overlooking one big detail. How is she supposed to lie to the kid and tell the kid guns are bad without the kid knowing the word gun? :headscratch

Return to “Off-Topic”