WARNING Obnoxious "Grandma" moment

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Divided Attention
Posts in topic: 4

WARNING Obnoxious "Grandma" moment

Post by Divided Attention »

DH and I are a bit "different" and many of my friends just don't get that I am not all about jewelry, nails "girly stuff" so much.

For our 22nd wedding anniversary we attended a General Meeting of the Cattle breed association for the cattle we were starting to raise. I got to get a bidder number and purchase my very own cow. "Annie" was 4 mos old, and we picked her up to come home a couple months later. That following Valentines I got a leather show halter to show my cow at HLSR - she was the heifer in my old avatar. My "new" avatar is her new baby born yesterday (my Dad's bday). My Dad never got to meet our cows, but woulda loved 'em. We are pretty sure this baby is a heifer, and my youngest daughter has named many of our critters after the Big Bang Theory characters (Bazinga the bull, Sheldon the steer, "Penny" the summer calf) We were torn what to name this calf and had finally settled on Zazzles (after a cat on a BBT episode) because they are so "Zazzy", but when she was born on Dad's bday, she will be Zazzy Dawn (dad was Don).

Thanks for bearing with me - I am just a "little" excited - this cow lost a calf last year, and if this one had been an issue a very hard decision would be to follow for my Annie's future.

Here she is! Image
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

SRH78
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WARNING Obnoxious "Grandma" moment

Post by SRH78 »

Congrats! I used to be an active TLBAA(Texas Longhorn Breeders Association of America) member and showed at quite a few shows, even produced a world champion once. Sorry, had to throw that in, lol. Having a new calf is always exciting, especially when it is one of your first or one you have high expectations for. You and your family will have a lot of fun with this. They become your pets just like a dog or cat would and each has their own personality. Anyways, I am excited for you. :clapping: :anamatedbanana

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Tiny Zazzy Sleepy Zazzy little calf anew
You will grow up big and strong and moo moo moo

I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
Divided Attention

:rolll We are ALL laughing over the tune! You know that tune will be with me FOREVER! Too Funny! My daughter loved it thanks for sharing! "rlol"
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Wow. Here I thought I was the only BBT fan out on these forums :lol:

And just to annoy those of you that aren't familiar with BBT
[youtube][/youtube]
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

OldCannon wrote: Here I thought I was the only BBT fan out on these forums
I love BBT and my wife would marry Sheldon, well, if she weren't already married and if he would agree LOL.

BTW, If you weren't familiar, Sheldon is from Spring Texas (according to my wife)
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Topic author
Divided Attention

Jim Parson attended Klein Oak High and his family attends our church. My youngest daughter has a handwritten thank you note he sent our Sunday school class for the "How Great is our God" video we sent him.

I think we love this show because we all know people who could be at least closely related to the characters... :mrgreen:

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

Congrats! That's a fine looking little heifer. Nice feminine head, and from what the picture shows, nice and square through the rump.

And congrats to mama too. It's always a little "iffy" when they have problems on a first calf...it was always a touchy decision for us when we were running cattle...
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

Topic author
Divided Attention

Thank you! We love our little Dexters and love the grass fed beef we get. The first calf from this cow was a mummified fetus about 5 mos along that she delivered at "term". It was creepy - she was so upset, it was sad. I am happy for Annie, as she is such a "momma" through and through - she even adopted our other cow when she came to us at 5 mos, and her calf after it was born.

steve817

Post by steve817 »

OldCannon wrote:Wow. Here I thought I was the only BBT fan out on these forums :lol:

And just to annoy those of you that aren't familiar with BBT
[youtube][/youtube]

lol! Oh you don't have to sell me on cats Leonard I'm already a fan.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”