College Rivalries... Gotta love 'em, and this Kindergartener

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 2

College Rivalries... Gotta love 'em, and this Kindergartener

Post by Scott in Houston »

This story cracks me up. I don't care about either school, but can definitely appreciate this. College sports and rivalries are the best.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 22025.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As reported in detail at Lost Lettermen and the Kansas City Star, 5-year-old Emma Burton of Olathe, Kan., refused to participate in a class coloring assignment when she and her classmates were told to color in a Jayhawk, the mascot of the University of Kansas. The coloring exercise was part of the kindergarten class' celebration of the state of Kansas.

However, Emma wouldn't comply with her teacher's instructions. Instead, according to her mother -- Bug Bytes blogger Julie Burton -- the four-foot tall tot brazenly refused to color the Jayhawk on the grounds that she doesn't like the University of Kansas. She took the Jayhawk sheet she had been handed, walked up to her teacher and asked for a Powercat (the mascot of Kansas State) to color. When Burton was told there weren't any Powercats to color, she threw the Jayhawk in the trash.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: College Rivalries... Gotta love 'em, and this Kindergart

Post by Keith B »

I saw that one yesterday. Some of these little kids are really all into the sports teams to the extreme. Of course it is driven by the parents, but if the kid has fun and likes it, I say that is good family interaction. :thumbs2:

My daughter goes to MIZZOU (University of Missouri) and the Jayhawks are their big rivalry. I found this one on Youtube just before the Tigers plucked the Jayhawks feathers a couple of weeks ago. It is just too cute not to share.

[youtube][/youtube]
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott in Houston »

OMG!!! That is hilarious!!!!!!!

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Post by A-R »

Thank y'all for the morning chuckle ... I've shared this one around with friends

Return to “Off-Topic”