The Walking Dead!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 9

Re: The Walking Dead!

Post by Dragonfighter »

uthornsfan wrote:While I still watch this show I have to say it is getting quite lame.
Did hou SEE last night's episode?!?

Eaux contraire mon frer, it's just gotten good.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

A-R
Posts in topic: 27

Post by A-R »

Oldgringo wrote:
A-R wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:I wonder if the cop who shot the elderly guy in this thread watches "THE WALKING DEAD" and that other so-called reality and zombie crap currently shown to young and old on TV?
I see no link whatsoever between the event in your link and this or other such shows.
Okay.

Do you believe that zombies roam the earth and that we should shoot 'em....on sight? If so, open fire whenever you see one or suspect one to be forthcoming.
1. No I don't believe zombies are real any more than I believe werewolves, vampires, or the Wicked Witch of the West is real; and I have no plans to go shooting any of them nor anyone else real or imagined. I'm intelligent and mentally fit enough to separate fiction from reality. Anyone who is not probably should not watch such shows nor carry a gun.

2. Even IF I DID believe in zombies et al., I STILL don't see the connection to the tragic shooting of an old man with a cane.

A-R

Post by A-R »

Dragonfighter wrote:
uthornsfan wrote:While I still watch this show I have to say it is getting quite lame.

:iagree:

They nearly lost me with that asinine "The Governor" storyline, but since that mercifully ended the second half of this season has been a very good return to horror, despair, and loneliness of the first two seasons.

Last nights episode is BRUTAL and powerful both physically and psychologically/emotionally.

txglock21
Posts in topic: 3

Post by txglock21 »

I have to disagree. Since the prison was over run, this show has been at it's best so far. The Beth and Daryl episode at the cabin and this last one with the two little girls were so powerful and entertaining to me, I'm sad there are only a couple more until the fall.
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

Dragonfighter wrote:

I did see the episode. I think what really bothered me is the character they decided to pose as a scientist that needs to get to Washington to save everyone looks like Kenny Powers from East bound and down.

See exhibit A

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

they should have just gotten kenny powers to play the scientist..... the irony there would be magnificent!
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

nyj
Posts in topic: 15

Post by nyj »

Season finale tonight!! :(

A-R

Post by A-R »

Good finale. That fight early in the episode was BRUTAL! Good twist at the end. I think I know where they're going next with story (from reading cliff notes version of graphic novel plot) but for anyone who hasn't , should be another good surprise early next season.

I'm back on the bandwagon.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

This season was a major improvement I think over the past couple. The second half of the season has been phenomenal with following each group's survival. I now can't wait to see what they will do next season.

Here's hoping Mad Men finishes out strong the last couple of seasons have been a little...anemic.
Psalm 91:2

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

SQLGeek wrote:This season was a major improvement I think over the past couple. The second half of the season has been phenomenal with following each group's survival. I now can't wait to see what they will do next season.

Here's hoping Mad Men finishes out strong the last couple of seasons have been a little...anemic.
:iagree: on the Walking Dead. Sorry, don't watch Mad Men.
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

CHLLady
Posts in topic: 8

Post by CHLLady »

The one with Carol and Tyrese was the best one. That had me biting my nails.

I'm so glad to be done with the Governor, it was becoming too Mad Max for me.

Ok, I'm dying to know if anyone else saw the camera close up of the powdered milk on the ground right before Rick stepped up into the boxcar?! What does it mean?! Was baby Judith there?! Have carol and Tyrese made it yet?! Or is that their way of marinating them? Lol.

Also, since they stripped the bones down to nothing, I'm thinking they're using every bit of the parts for stuff. Anyone else think candle making? In the old days candles used to be made from tallow ( pigs fat). Remember all the candles they had burning?
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

Terminus is the end of the line. Its no sanctuary and all the people there are cannibals.

Notice all the meat on the grills yet there are no pigs steer or chickens anywhere around???

Also all those candles are a tribute to those who they have eaten.

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Dragonfighter »

Don't forget the boneyard...

That fight WAS brutal, the whole thing was disturbing but not nearly as draining as what I call the "Of Mice and Men" episode. Sheesh. I can't help but think on what happened to Beth. *Sigh* Only three months before answers.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

uthornsfan wrote:Terminus is the end of the line. Its no sanctuary and all the people there are cannibals.

Notice all the meat on the grills yet there are no pigs steer or chickens anywhere around???

Also all those candles are a tribute to those who they have eaten.
That's what I was thinking, too. That scene reminded me of Cormac McCarthy's "The Road".
Psalm 91:2

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

Season 5 premier!
Carol: Boooooooommmmm!
Rick: "Did you do that?"
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Return to “Off-Topic”