17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ShootDontTalk
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Post by ShootDontTalk »

VMI77 wrote:
C-dub wrote:http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... -kruidbos/

The state attorney that hid phone data from the defense lost again.
Corey and De La Rionda belong in prison. The fact they aren't in prison demonstrates just how corrupt the legal system is.
Sadly, I think you're right. The teaching of ethics in institutions of "higher learning" (??) has been completely subverted by liberal relativism.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 270

Post by sjfcontrol »

Attempted murder charges for the guy that shot at Zimmerman..

http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/06/ge ... th-murder/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

philip964
Posts in topic: 215

Post by philip964 »

http://rowanfreepress.com/2015/06/20/th ... -massacre/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trayvon Martin case and Charleston Church shooting linked,

Caution actual words of Dlyann Roof,

jmra
Posts in topic: 77

Post by jmra »

philip964 wrote:http://rowanfreepress.com/2015/06/20/th ... -massacre/

Trayvon Martin case and Charleston Church shooting linked,

Caution actual words of Dlyann Roof,
I didn't make it very far reading, but it just goes to show how messed up this young man is. It's not about race or guns, it's about a dude screwed up in the head.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

ShootDontTalk
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ShootDontTalk »

Can you tell what Glock model that is? The barrel/slide looks too long for a G21. G41 maybe? We've been assuming he had a 1911 - or at least I had been.

Yeah the rhetoric was obviously developed from reading and believing everything on the Internet, then processing it through a twisted mind.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/tra ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zimmerman's parent's have their lawsuit thrown out by a judge against Rosanne Barr for tweeting their home address.

Too bad, I never liked Rosanne Barr especially after she wrecked the National Anthem.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://news.yahoo.com/jail-man-accused- ... 02881.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

George Zimmerman's crazy stalker who shot at him, has had his bail revoked and now he is in jail. He urinated on his neighbors door.

You know jail is really the best place for a lot of people.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://news.yahoo.com/1955-black-life-m ... 53062.html

Something to probably annoy you.

I don't know about 1955, but seems these other "victims" were not innocent babies. If this young man was truly innocent, then this editorial harms his memory. I somehow suspect history will be rewritten in school text books in 50 years to make the current thugs look like angels.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2376777

Zimmerman apparently went on a twitter rage and retweeted a picture of Trayvon Martin's body.

I guess not our favorite CHL role model.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Taypo »

I'm neither endorsing nor discrediting Zimmerman, because I really don't care much either way but its amazing how much press he gets when he goes off...yet the same people seem to find the non stop death threats, racial insults and general harassment sent his way a non-story.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 187

Post by baldeagle »

philip964 wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/1955-black-life-m ... 53062.html

I don't know about 1955, but seems these other "victims" were not innocent babies. If this young man was truly innocent, then this editorial harms his memory. I somehow suspect history will be rewritten in school text books in 50 years to make the current thugs look like angels.
It "seems like"? Martin committed aggravated battery and paid with his life. Michael Brown committed aggravated battery on a police officer and then refused to obey lawful orders and paid for it with his life.

Jordan Davis was murdered by a man who didn't like his loud music. While completely wrong and very tragic, it does not compare to what happened to Emmett Till.

Emmett Till, a Chicago teenager, traveled to a small town in Mississippi with his mother to visit family. While there, Emmett, in the company of other young black men, went to the local store. When he spotted the owner's wife, he whistled at her. For that he was pistol whipped, tortured, beaten, shot and thrown in the river. His body had extensive cranial damage, a broken left femur, and two broken wrists. A .45 was buried in his skull.

Both Davis and Till were innocent of any crime but were murdered because they were black. That they have in common. But Till's death was ten times more heinous than Davis'.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

VMI77
Posts in topic: 98

Post by VMI77 »

baldeagle wrote:
philip964 wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/1955-black-life-m ... 53062.html

It "seems like"? Martin committed aggravated battery and paid with his life. Michael Brown committed aggravated battery on a police officer and then refused to obey lawful orders and paid for it with his life.

Jordan Davis was murdered by a man who didn't like his loud music. While completely wrong and very tragic, it does not compare to what happened to Emmett Till.

Emmett Till, a Chicago teenager, traveled to a small town in Mississippi with his mother to visit family. While there, Emmett, in the company of other young black men, went to the local store. When he spotted the owner's wife, he whistled at her. For that he was pistol whipped, tortured, beaten, shot and thrown in the river. His body had extensive cranial damage, a broken left femur, and two broken wrists. A .45 was buried in his skull.

Both Davis and Till were innocent of any crime but were murdered because they were black. That they have in common. But Till's death was ten times more heinous than Davis'.
The problem with the article is that the first paragraph is a bunch of lies, starting with the assertion that Martin was killed for "looking suspicious." These lies, the one about Martin alone, undermine the credibility of every other claim in the article. So, I looked it up, and as I suspected, there is a little more to the story than that Till whistled at white woman.

Let me make it clear, there is no justification for what was done to him, and as you say, his death was 10 times more heinous than Davis', but horrible as his torture and murder were,the Yahoo account deliberately trivializes what happened and leaves out other details....and he may or may not have whistled at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett_Till
According to Jones, the other boys reported that Till had a photograph of an integrated class at the school he attended in Chicago,[note 1] and Till bragged to the boys that the white children in the picture were his friends. He pointed to a white girl in the picture, or referred to a picture of a white girl that had come with his new wallet,[21] and said she was his girlfriend. One or more of the local boys dared Till to speak to Bryant.[20]

The facts of what took place in the store are still disputed but according to several versions, including allegations from some of the kids standing outside the store when Till walked in,[22] Till may have wolf-whistled at Bryant.[23] A newspaper account following his disappearance stated that Till sometimes whistled to alleviate his stuttering.[24] His speech was sometimes unclear; his mother said he had particular difficulty with pronouncing "b" sounds, and may have whistled to overcome problems asking for bubble gum.[25] According to other stories, Till may have grabbed Bryant's hand and asked her for a date, or said "Bye, baby" as he left the store,[12] or "You needn't be afraid of me, baby, I've been with white women before."[26]

Bryant testified during the murder trial that Till had made sexual advances and asked her for a date.[27] In her testimony, Bryant alleged that Till grabbed her hand while she was stocking candy and said, "How about a date, baby?"[27] She said that after she freed herself from his grasp, the young man followed her to the cash register,[27] grabbed her waist and said, "What's the matter baby, can't you take it?"[27] Bryant then allegedly freed herself, and Till told her, "You needn't be afraid of me, baby,"[27] used "one 'unprintable' word"[27] and said "I've been with white women before."[27] Bryant also alleged that one of Till's companions came into the store, grabbed him by the arm and ordered him to leave.[27]

Till's cousin, Simeon Wright, writing about the incident decades later, challenged Carolyn Bryant's account.[28] Entering the store "less than a minute" after Till was left inside alone with Bryant,[28] Wright saw no inappropriate behavior and heard "no lecherous conversation."[28] Wright said Till "paid for his items and we left the store together."[28] The FBI also noted in their 2006 investigation of the incident that a second anonymous source, who was confirmed to have been in the store at the same time as Till and his cousin, backed this claim as well.[21]

In any event, Bryant was so alarmed she ran outside to a car to retrieve a pistol from under the seat. Upon seeing her do this, the teenagers left immediately.[26] It was also acknowledged that while Bryant was running to her car, Till whistled.[21] However, it is disputed whether Till whistled towards Carolyn or towards a checkers game that was occurring just across the street.[21]
So, we don't know what really happened because there were no witnesses to what Till actually said or did except Bryant, the woman who claimed he did more than whistle. Wright is hardly objective and Bryant had plenty of reason to lie about what happened when her husband was being tried for murder.

Furthermore, while there was virulent racism in the period it's not quite so simple as the article would have us believe that all racist whites cynically let a couple good ole' boys get away with murder:
The prosecution was criticized for dismissing any potential juror who knew Milam or Bryant, for the fear that such a juror would vote to acquit. Afterward, Whitaker noted that this was a mistake as anyone who had personally known the defendants usually disliked them.[26][71] One juror voted twice to convict, but on the third discussion, acquiesced and voted with the rest of the jury to acquit.[73] In later interviews, the jurors acknowledged that they knew Bryant and Milam were guilty, but simply did not believe life imprisonment or the death penalty fit punishment for whites who had killed a black man.[74] This is somewhat disputed by later interviews with two jurors who stated as late as 2005 that they believed the defense's case, that the prosecution had not proven that Till had died, and that it was his body that was removed from the river.
Finally, once these guys had gotten away with it and admitted to killing Till they weren't exactly embraced by the community:
After Bryant and Milam admitted to killing Till in their interview, their support base eroded in Mississippi.[89] Many of their former friends and supporters, including those who had contributed to their defense funds, cut them off. Their shops went bankrupt and closed after blacks boycotted them, and banks refused them loans to plant crops.[26] After struggling to secure a loan and find someone who would rent to him, Milam managed to secure 217 acres and a $4,000 loan to plant cotton, but blacks refused to work for him, and he was forced to pay whites higher wages.[90] Eventually, Milam and Bryant relocated to Texas, but their infamy followed them, and they continued to receive extreme animosity from locals. After several years, they returned to Mississippi.[note 9] Milam found work as a heavy equipment operator, but ill health forced him into retirement. Over the years, Milam was tried for offenses such as assault and battery, writing bad checks, and using a stolen credit card. He died of spinal cancer in 1980, at the age of 61.[91]

Bryant worked as a welder while in Texas, until increasing blindness forced him to give up this employment. At some point, he and Carolyn divorced; he remarried in 1980. He opened a store in Ruleville, Mississippi and was convicted in 1984 and 1988 of food stamp fraud. In a 1985 interview, he denied that he had killed Till, but said: "if Emmett Till hadn't got out of line, it probably wouldn't have happened to him." Fearing economic boycotts and retaliation, Bryant lived a private life and refused to allow himself to be photographed or reveal the exact location of his store, explaining: "this new generation is different and I don't want to worry about a bullet some dark night".[92] He died of cancer in 1994, at the age of 63
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Beiruty »

This guy Zimmerman instead of going quite and rebuilding his life, he is flashing his colors in a bad way. As if he is asking for black trouble to follow him. Why he wants a target on his back??? :banghead:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 187

Post by baldeagle »

Beiruty wrote:This guy Zimmerman instead of going quite and rebuilding his life, he is flashing his colors in a bad way. As if he is asking for black trouble to follow him. Why he wants a target on his back??? :banghead:
He is clearly a very troubled man. I can't help but think that things will end badly for him at some point.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 270

Post by sjfcontrol »

baldeagle wrote:
Beiruty wrote:This guy Zimmerman instead of going quite and rebuilding his life, he is flashing his colors in a bad way. As if he is asking for black trouble to follow him. Why he wants a target on his back??? :banghead:
He is clearly a very troubled man. I can't help but think that things will end badly for him at some point.
I believe George is damaged. All the lies and threats before, during and after the trial has broken him. Unfortunely, it has put him on a self-destructive path. You're right, Baldeagle, it is likely to end badly.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Return to “Off-Topic”