17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 270

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Post by sjfcontrol »

philip964 wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:
philip964 wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:Take a look at CNN this morning. The only topic out of 14 that did not have a reference to Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman was “World”. They even managed to get the subject into “Tech” and “Entertainment”.

Please add a "Vomit" smiley

At James Coney Island taking advantage of their 90 cent coneys today. CNN is on their TV. It's Non stop TM. Apparently 100 protest marches are scheduled for this weekend. So be careful. The out rage is growing. Jesse Jackson wants Obama to speak to it. President Carter spoke, not sure what he said, but if I would guess it would be that the UN needs to open an investigation. Jesse has now decided that Z was over charged on purpose to get him off. He mentioned a woman in Florida who is black and got 20 years and did not kill anyone. This shows how the justice system is racist in Florida.

I identify with Z since we are both CHLs, homeowners, and concerned about crime. Thus I am biased. I tried to put on the other hat. This is what I came up with.

TM was unarmed. TM was legally allowed to be where he was. He was not doing or about to do any thing illegal. He may have been profiled by Z because of his clothes, walk, or possibly his race, not illegal but troubling if you fit that profile. TM may have initiated verbal contact to confront what he saw as a danger. So far no laws broken, something we could all agree with.

Then something happens, if your on the other side, which I'm trying to be on now.

Z hits TM and TM realizing he has only seconds to act, realizes he can reach Z before Z can get to his holstered gun. So TM springs and knocks down Z, landing on top, Z spends all his time trying to get his gun, screaming for help to alert his neighbors. TM try's to stop Z from reaching g his gun, and increasingly begins pummeling Z to knock him out, he fails and Z finally gets the gun. TM raises up to try and get away but Z fires one shot which passes through all important organs and dies heroically trying to save his life. Z puts him self together in the few minutes before police arrive and comes up with a story that this thug attacked him for no reason and fearing for his life shot him. The police seeing an urban dressed young black man and finding
no other evidence to the contrary, do not arrest him.

Imagine the situation if TM had gotten to the gun in this fight and had killed Z. Would not this be what he told the police.

To me Z explains if more logically. But I am biased.
Did GZ “show his gun in the holster, and says something like "I'm going to kill you"” before or after calling the police?

That is the problem I have with scenarios like this. I tend to believe that if he intended to do something along these lines, he would have never called 911.
In order for me to understand the objections to the verdict, I needed in my mind to set up a logical chain of events that would match the evidence that we have with TM being the totally innocent victim and Zimmerman being a guilty aggressor. This is the only one I could come up with.

If there are others, I'd like to see them.

Otherwise this must be what every thinking person believes who has objected to the verdict. If they do not believe something like this happened, then they are just mindlessly taking a side. I assume this is what the president of the National Bar Association believes happened, since he made this press release. http://myemail.constantcontact.com/NBA- ... Shmmia_6mM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course once you agree this chain of events is required for Zimmerman to be guilty as an aggressor, you have to ask yourself, was there any evidence that this is what happened? Unfortunately there was not. Zero. Thus, the not guilty verdict.
Actually, no. Those that object require no logical chain of events. They will make up their own chain of events that have nothing to do with reality. I quote from your link (which was as far as I read it).
"The verdict," stated NBA President John E. Page "says an unarmed college-bound Black teen can be profiled, stalked, confronted and killed by an armed neighborhood watchman with hollow tip point bullets.
College bound?

This representation of the facts (or at least the testimony) can only be described as "delusional". Those that object to the verdict are unwilling to admit that Treyvon decided to teach the "spooky <redacted> cracker" a lesson, and unexpectedly found himself outmatched.

And, yeah, let's insert those cop-killer bullets into the argument.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

paperchunker
Posts in topic: 7

Post by paperchunker »

The NSA knows where GZ is. I expect Obama to declare him an "enemy combatant" and to take him out with drone strike.
NRA/LTC Instructor
NRA Patriot Life- Endowment Member

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

paperchunker wrote:The NSA knows where GZ is. I expect Obama to declare him an "enemy combatant" and to take him out with drone strike.

I'd like to hear Trayvons phone call.....

suthdj
Posts in topic: 13

Post by suthdj »

Slightly off topic but relavant to the racial element of profiling.

http://news.yahoo.com/black-americas-re ... 00529.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

brainman
Posts in topic: 18

Post by brainman »

suthdj wrote:Slightly off topic but relavant to the racial element of profiling.

http://news.yahoo.com/black-americas-re ... 00529.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I knew that the crime numbers were disproportionate, but the stats in that article are astonishing.

philip964
Posts in topic: 215

Post by philip964 »

brainman wrote:
suthdj wrote:Slightly off topic but relavant to the racial element of profiling.

I knew that the crime numbers were disproportionate, but the stats in that article are astonishing.
I knew the statistics were high but not this high. No wonder people profile.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 19

Post by mojo84 »

Hence, every black father must have a "conversation" with his son, warning him not to resist or run if pulled over or hassled by a cop.

Make the wrong move, son, and you may be dead is the implication.
My dad gave me the same advice and we were a middle class white family. Good advice is good advice regardless of skin color.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 104

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mojo84 wrote:
Hence, every black father must have a "conversation" with his son, warning him not to resist or run if pulled over or hassled by a cop.

Make the wrong move, son, and you may be dead is the implication.
My dad gave me the same advice and we were a middle class white family. Good advice is good advice regardless of skin color.
EXACTLY!!!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 134

Post by mamabearCali »

When I was 16 my dad had that same conversation with me. I am Caucasian woman from a middle class family.

You can be 100% right and 100% dead at the same time. Better to spend a night in jail than have your loved ones pick your body up at the morgue.

It has nothing to do with race it is just good advice in a time where Mayberry is long gone and 1984 is on the cusp of being reality.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

suthdj
Posts in topic: 13

Post by suthdj »

And some more this time a + for GZ
http://news.yahoo.com/reverend-lambaste ... 24579.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 128

Post by ScooterSissy »

Piers Morgan is amazing. He says there's "very little evidence" to show that Martin was a thug, but insists Zimmerman was a murderer.

There are Youtube videos of Martin streetfighting.
He punched out his school bus driver, and bragged about his prowess in doing so
He had photos on his phone of a gun, underage naked girls, and texts bragging about his fighting
He'd been suspended from school twice (allegedly, it was a school officer suspending him instead of filing criminal charges, so he wouldn't have a record)
He was in Sanford instead of Miami because of his behavior problems

What more does it take for there to be "evidence" of thuggery, bashing someone's head against the pavement and threatening to kill them?

Oh.... wait ....

Tic Tac
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Tic Tac »

If it was racism rather than a broken "culture" then immigrants with dark skin would have the same problems as those born in America. That may be true for the risk of being shot by NYPD, but when you look at academic achievement and career success, Black immigrants in aggregate do much better than Blacks born here and immersed in a toxic "gangsta" culture.

Similar trends can be seen in other ethnic groups as well.

philip964
Posts in topic: 215

Post by philip964 »

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-tr ... ict-2013-7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obama speaks "it could have been me"

Well, maybe it could have been. I never knew he was that violent when he was young.

fickman
Posts in topic: 40

Post by fickman »

Tic Tac wrote:If it was racism rather than a broken "culture" then immigrants with dark skin would have the same problems as those born in America. That may be true for the risk of being shot by NYPD, but when you look at academic achievement and career success, Black immigrants in aggregate do much better than Blacks born here and immersed in a toxic "gangsta" culture.

One of the most informative, interesting reads on the topic of culture and race that I've ever encountered. FWIW, culture is the root of the issue, and Sowell proves it with impeccable research. I HIGHLY recommend this book.
"Black Rednecks and White Liberals" by Thomas Sowell

Native Texian

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 104

Post by The Annoyed Man »

fickman wrote:
Tic Tac wrote:If it was racism rather than a broken "culture" then immigrants with dark skin would have the same problems as those born in America. That may be true for the risk of being shot by NYPD, but when you look at academic achievement and career success, Black immigrants in aggregate do much better than Blacks born here and immersed in a toxic "gangsta" culture.

One of the most informative, interesting reads on the topic of culture and race that I've ever encountered. FWIW, culture is the root of the issue, and Sowell proves it with impeccable research. I HIGHLY recommend this book.
"Black Rednecks and White Liberals" by Thomas Sowell

[ Image ]
Just "Kindled" it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”