17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Post by Vol Texan »

C-dub wrote:He just won't go away.

http://www.wesh.com/news/george-zimmerm ... y/32943828" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LAKE MARY, Fla. —George Zimmerman was injured in a shooting in Lake Mary on Monday afternoon, according to Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell.

RAW VIDEO: BULLET HOLE IN WINDOW OF ZIMMERMAN'S VEHICLE
Raw video Bullet hole in window of Zimmerman s vehicle
Chopper 2 video shows a bullet hole in the passenger window of George Zimmerman's vehicle.
MORE
GEORGE ZIMMERMAN GETS INTO AMBULANCE AFTER ALLEGED SHOOTING

A witness said he was recording Monday afternoon as George Zimmerman was taken away in an ambulance after an alleged shooting in Lake Mary.
MORE
RELATED

The shooting involved Zimmerman and another man and happened on Lake Mary Boulevard about 12:45 p.m., police said.

According to Bracknell, officers at the scene reported Zimmerman suffered a minor gunshot wound.
Horrible reporting in that article. It really didn't tell us what happened.

It could be (a) GZ got into an altercation that ended with a shot coming his way, or (b) GZ was sitting in his car, completely minding his own business, when someone recognized him by chance and took a pot shot.

I'm sure it's likely somewhere in between these two.

I believe that the court decision in FL was correct, but I'm weary of hearing of his antics post-acquittal. I'd like to learn a bit more before I jump to any conclusion that he brought this on through his actions - and this story alone leaves too much to the imagination.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

philip964
Posts in topic: 215

Post by philip964 »

223!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/11/ge ... -shooting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This says he was in car and someone shot through the passenger window.

But bullet ended up in the roof.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://m.wftv.com/news/news/local/georg ... ary/nmDZj/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Two shots fired. Shooter knew Zimmerman and had problems with him.

Sounded like both were in there cars, but no collision.

I'm not sure how you would build a self defense case if everyone is in their car. Zimmerman could have "brandished" a gun in your direction? No mention if the shooter was arrested.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 270

Post by sjfcontrol »

Detailed report -- http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/05/zi ... f-defense/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The guy shot thru George's heavily tinted passenger window. Even if he HAD been waving a gun around, the guy wouldn't have been able to see it.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Wow a complete idiot. This should keep Zimmerman in the news for at least 6 more months. Good that he had the tinted windows, so the BG was shooting blind.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Pawpaw »

It sounds to me like that dimwit is on a permanent ego trip and he's trying to make a name for himself as the guy who took out Zimmerman.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerm ... d=30965362" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Man had claimed George Zimmerman and he had a road rage incident six months earlier. Other reports saying man was visibly shaken and asked the person to call 911.

Who knows at this point.

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KD5NRH »

philip964 wrote:Man had claimed George Zimmerman and he had a road rage incident six months earlier. Other reports saying man was visibly shaken and asked the person to call 911.

Who knows at this point.
Bullet entered the passenger side window, from what I've seen. Hard to threaten someone with your car at that angle, the bullet going through the glass proves the window was up at the time, and the window tint pretty much negates any claim that there could have been threatening gestures or whatever from inside the car. I just can't see any way this was self defense.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 270

Post by sjfcontrol »

Zimmerman's shooter...

http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/05/ge ... kered-past" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

C-dub
Posts in topic: 36

Post by C-dub »

sjfcontrol wrote:Zimmerman's shooter...

http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/05/ge ... kered-past" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Might be some anger management issues there.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

C-dub wrote:Might be some anger management issues there.
Sharee has always had trouble with her neighbor Matt Apperson. She advised that he says and does strange things and has yelled at her in the past. On this date she observed a dead squirrel in backyard that had an apparent BB gun wound to its neck.
I'd be angry too if half my dinner fell in the neighbor's yard where I can't get to it.

Which reminds me there's a new crop of squirrels in the neighborhood. I should restock A1 Dry Rub.

IMO, if the prosecutor is smart, he'll hang Apperson on the single shot.

Think about it; if you're shooting through a concealing object at someone you really think is going to shoot you, why would you only fire one shot?

C-dub
Posts in topic: 36

Post by C-dub »

KD5NRH wrote:
C-dub wrote:Might be some anger management issues there.
Sharee has always had trouble with her neighbor Matt Apperson. She advised that he says and does strange things and has yelled at her in the past. On this date she observed a dead squirrel in backyard that had an apparent BB gun wound to its neck.
I'd be angry too if half my dinner fell in the neighbor's yard where I can't get to it.

Which reminds me there's a new crop of squirrels in the neighborhood. I should restock A1 Dry Rub.

IMO, if the prosecutor is smart, he'll hang Apperson on the single shot.

Think about it; if you're shooting through a concealing object at someone you really think is going to shoot you, why would you only fire one shot?
And then call 911 and say you think you just shot GZ. He claims he wasn't following him and it was just a coincidence. Yeah, right!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 187

Post by baldeagle »

KD5NRH wrote:Think about it; if you're shooting through a concealing object at someone you really think is going to shoot you, why would you only fire one shot?
Because you think you're God's gift to marksmenship, and you only need one shot to do the job?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

baldeagle wrote:
KD5NRH wrote:Think about it; if you're shooting through a concealing object at someone you really think is going to shoot you, why would you only fire one shot?
Because you think you're God's gift to marksmenship, and you only need one shot to do the job?
Even if I could pick off flies at 1,000 yards, if I can't see the target, I have to cover enough of the concealing barrier to be sure there's at least one bullet in the target. If someone's shooting at me and ducks behind a half-sheet of plywood, for example, I'm not going to assume that one shot to any part of the board will definitely hit the threat. Three shots evenly spaced horizontally across the center of it would give me a fair amount of confidence that he's hit, but even then it could be a fairly low stop-probability hit.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Off-Topic”