Pest control in the country

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Pest control in the country

Post by RPB »

Now I'm wondering if the scorpions glow under UV light because of the radioactive water ... I'll have to check if the cat glows too ... :mrgreen:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

I did pest control for 30yrs, had Texas pest control license #11, granules work good for your circumstances, use the "over and out" fireant granules, if you jave a pier and beam house set off two foggers underneath the house! This will take out most of the spiders and scorpions, scorpion are TOUGH, i put one in a jar with a fumigant that would have killed a man in seconds, the scorpion lived for 3 days!
As far as cats go, if i catch a cat on my property i'll put a 17hmr through his head, getting a cat your changing one problem for another! Cats are very destructive and carry more diseases communicable to humans than rats!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

Spread diatomaceous earth around your foundation out 10-15 feet. The finer the better, not piles of it. It gets into scorpion leg joints an acts like glass. Cuts them and they bleed to death. Also provides a pathway for poison. Spread DE twice a year. Rain does not affect the DE.

Scorpions are the spawn of the devil.

If you have snakes you have rats and mice. No rats or mice no snakes. Simple.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Although I do not live in the country, I do treat houses out there. I use Talstar Pro. Best on the market and will help with ALL bugs and critters. Spray the perimeter and 5 ft out if you have scorpions (as per the directions). You can buy it online or in your local bug control store. No lisence is needed. Costs about $45, about 20-30 treatments per bottle (concentrate) and lasts 4 months. Your local store also has the granulated Talstar pellets for the lawn.
Be sure to call ahread and reserve as this is very popular stuff and they run out FAST.
Once the liquid dries(1-2 hr), it is harmless to humans and pets.
Pm me with any other questions! Good luck!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

In 1982, my wife and I bought a house on 5 acres on a rocky hillside near Cabot, Arkansas. The first night in the house, we discovered scorpions had infested the house. I killed sixteen the first night, and we did not get much sleep. I had a black light for my security job at Southwestern Bell, and found most of them glowing green on the brick walls in the carport, and about six inside the house. We used diazinon (I don't think the public can buy this anymore), which was recommended by the Arkansas Agricultural Extension Service, to be mixed with water in a pressure sprayer three feet from the foundation, around all doors and windows, etc. We even used it from May-September on the baseboards inside. We had to remove the parrot and dogs most of the day, and we left the house for several hours after we sprayed. Diazinon killed them, but never completely, and for 18 years we fought those scorpions inside and out. The scariest incident was when I found a mother scorpion with twenty babies on her back. Our house shoes were kept on the nightstands, after I nearly stepped on a scorpion one morning in my bare feet. We also had to check the shower and tub before we stepped inside. The scorpions were also in our underground storm shelter, which my wife refused to enter after the first scorpion was found there. We never got stung, but our little dog did. In 2009, I wrote a story for my community newsletter about a nightmare I had back then, and scorpions were an important aspect of that story. I usually re-publish that story every October as a Halloween story in my blog. I live in Lindale, Texas, now, and only see a scorpion about every five years or so in my apartment.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Rvrrat14

Post by Rvrrat14 »

We live in the country and have a ranch down south with two cabins.

Snakes - They like the rough country where they can hide. Keep your yard and area you frequent clean. Mowed and brush removed. No hiding places for the most part. In 17 years we have never seen a snake in our yard. Killed both copperheads and rattlers in the woods. Under out buildings, Moth Balls.

Scorpions, spiders, etc. - Demon. You can get it at Tractor Supply. It comes in water soluble packets you place in a pump up sprayer. Spray the outside of your home; door frames, window frames, weep holes, etc. Keep animals away for a day. It won't hurt them or children. Leaves a 'white-ish' barrier when dried. Lasts a good while. It is the stuff on scorpions.

Cats - Get two! Rats, squirrels, snakes, moles, gophers, mice, etc. Can't beat cats in the country. Try Manx cats! Hunters out of this world.

Good luck and stay diligent!

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

The OP hasn't been active on here in the last four years, I think he may have figured out his pest control issues, since he posted this in 2012. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

Lol, probably so!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I thought this topic was on how to eradicate jihadists in US? :shock:

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Jusme wrote:The OP hasn't been active on here in the last four years, I think he may have figured out his pest control issues, since he posted this in 2012. :biggrinjester:
I hope he didn't get eaten by one of them. :shock:
NRA Endowment Member

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

Despite the old age of this thread, want to mention something. Moth balls are not only completely ineffective at repelling snakes. It is also against Federal law to use them in this manner. They are toxic.

Return to “Off-Topic”