Kids Say The Darndest Things

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Kids Say The Darndest Things

Post by WildBill »

A busload of school kids taunt 68 year-old schoolbus monitor.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nati ... 4588.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member

teri

Re: Kids Say The Darndest Things

Post by teri »

That is totally outrageous! First off, my kids know better and are respectful...however, if I ever caught wind that they were involved in something so disrespectful and mean I would have them out back looking for the perfect switch. I just don't understand this type of behavior. :headscratch
6/2/12 - CHL Class
7/20/12 - Plastic in hand!

~Do it today! It might be illegal tomorrow. - author unknown~

jocat54
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jocat54 »

Saw on TV where one of the fathers was almost in disbelief one of his kids would do something like this. Don't remember his exact words though.
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sjfcontrol »

He said he was in tears.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

StewNTexas

Post by StewNTexas »

teri, regarding your comment above about having them out back looking for the perfect switch.

I can relate to this. When I was young (long ago), and did something wrong enough to need it, I was sent out to sort through the hedge for a switch. It was very difficult trying to pick one out that was big enough (not to big), but not too small(would be in more trouble), and take it into the house for a bit of leg striping.

The mental torment of making choices of your own switch was usually more punishment than the switching. It gives you time to reflect on your behavior, and was a good learning tool.

Brought back memories....
If the 2nd admendment only applies to muskets and muzzle-loaders, then the 1st admentment must apply only to the spoken or printed word. Printing must be done on hand presses, news stories must be written in longhand, no keyboards or electric processes may be used.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Kids can be mean and cruel, especially at that age. They don't seem to understand what their hurtful words do to others. At least it sounds like the parents are very upset about their kids behavior and will take appropriate action.

On the other side of the coin, I heard there have been death threats made against the kids/families. Really? Unbelievable how some idiots think that making a death threat is justice for kids being stupid. :mad5
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Tbucher1218

Post by Tbucher1218 »

StewNTexas wrote:teri, regarding your comment above about having them out back looking for the perfect switch.

I can relate to this. When I was young (long ago), and did something wrong enough to need it, I was sent out to sort through the hedge for a switch. It was very difficult trying to pick one out that was big enough (not to big), but not too small(would be in more trouble), and take it into the house for a bit of leg striping.

The mental torment of making choices of your own switch was usually more punishment than the switching. It gives you time to reflect on your behavior, and was a good learning tool.

:iagree: We had a Weeping Willow Tree. Also going to fathers closet to get the "correct" belt :eek6
02/27/12 Online App
06/06/12 Plastic in Hand. 71 Days!

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Keith B wrote:On the other side of the coin, I heard there have been death threats made against the kids/families. Really? Unbelievable how some idiots think that making a death threat is justice for kids being stupid. :mad5
It makes me wonder. :headscratch
NRA Endowment Member

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

george wrote:Is anyone, besides me, old enough to remember "A Clockwork Orange"?
I'm not "old enough to remember it" but it is one of my favorite films.

karder

Post by karder »

These kids are thugs in the making and that video is a snapshot of something terribly wrong in this nation. That bus monitor should have gotten up and slapped that boy right across the mouth. Then can you imagine the horror? A poor child struck by an educator!

Give me a break. These kids run amuck and their parents feign horror after a TV crew knocks on their door. I agree that giving those boys a good switching is the best, healthiest and most reasonable response to this, but if they had the kind of parents who were apt to switch, those boys would not have been doing this in the first place. Don't think tormenting a 65 year old lady is the end of it. These boys won't go home, think about their actions and repent. No, they went home laughing and posted it to YouTube. Soon they will move on from heckling seniors and start committing more serious violations, maybe assault, rape, murder even.

Those future thugs will just continue along until they meet the same fate as Trayvon Martin, and then politicians and the media will claim it is the fault of a society that lets people walk around with guns and murder children. No my friends, it will be fault of a society who decided that striking a child is one of the very few sins a person can commit.

:mad5
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

She has received around $500K in donations since this went viral on the internet. Retire and take a nice vacation!
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

I saw this yesterday. It made me really mad. Kids have completely lost respect for their elders. Even in the last 10 years. I'm only 22. I would never have done something like that. If i witnessed that I probably would have gotten into a fight because i can't stand people picking on other people. I'm truly starting to worry about the future because i'm worried about the influences my future children might have.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

talltex

Post by talltex »

george wrote:Is anyone, besides me, old enough to remember "A Clockwork Orange"?

Yep...still have the book.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

teri

Post by teri »

Tbucher1218 wrote:
StewNTexas wrote:teri, regarding your comment above about having them out back looking for the perfect switch.

:iagree: We had a Weeping Willow Tree. Also going to fathers closet to get the "correct" belt :eek6
My brother had a great strategy. He would take a long, long time to find the switch. It would give our dad time to chill a little and switch didn't hurt so bad. He was smart, I just wanted to get it over with. It bothered me more that my dad was upset with me. :cryin Like Tbucher we were more frequently sent to get the belt. We he used to tell us he did it because he loved us or that it was going to hurt him more than it hurt me I thought he was full of crap. Now I know it was true and I'm grateful for those memories!
6/2/12 - CHL Class
7/20/12 - Plastic in hand!

~Do it today! It might be illegal tomorrow. - author unknown~

Return to “Off-Topic”