Prepper thread--Health rationing to come--home resources

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 2

Prepper thread--Health rationing to come--home resources

Post by mamabearCali »

Ok so in light of the soon to come health rationing I think we need to be prepared to take care of ourselves for just about everything outside of catastrophe

Two e-book I reccomend (and they are free too!)

Where there are no doctors
Where women have no doctors

they are available here
http://hesperian.org/books-and-resources/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't agree with everything they promote, however they do have a good framework and a good way to think about disease and how to handle it. Additionally they have extremely practical information on the home health care and give clear ideas about when professional care is a must.

Additionally. So that everyone knows. Garlic is fabulous for colds and flu. I have treated very nasty colds with me and mine with chicken garlic soup.

Feel free to add your tried and true home remedies and resources for home health care.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

MoJoeWrkn
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prepper thread--Health rationing to come--home resources

Post by MoJoeWrkn »

Thanks for the link!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.” —Col. Jeff Cooper
http://www.mojogunleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Napier

Post by Napier »

A little-known off-label remedy is Clotrimazole, sold as an antifungal, specifically for athlete's foot. It is a very effective topical antibiotic. I use it all the time following washing and hydrogen peroxide treatment. Extremely effective against staph.

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

Even better.... Marry a nurse (or doctor, etc)! :mrgreen:

emcee rib

Post by emcee rib »

Thank you. I remember borrowing the old (1970s?) version of Where There is No Doctor from the public library growing up, along with the Foxfire books. I didn't know there was an updated version, and in PDF too!
We declare our right on this earth to be a man, to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

mamabearCali wrote:Feel free to add your tried and true home remedies and resources for home health care.
Pizza usually makes me feel better :mrgreen:
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Cobra Medic

Post by Cobra Medic »

Some people will hate me for saying this but eating right and exercising are a huge factor in prevention. Stop smoking. Drink alcohol in moderation or not at all. Get enough sleep. Tell your family and friends you love them. Practice situational awareness when driving, and in your everyday life, not only when walking in strange neighborhoods.
This will only hurt a little. What comes next, more so.

Topic author
mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mamabearCali »

Cobra Medic wrote:Some people will hate me for saying this but eating right and exercising are a huge factor in prevention. Stop smoking. Drink alcohol in moderation or not at all. Get enough sleep. Tell your family and friends you love them. Practice situational awareness when driving, and in your everyday life, not only when walking in strange neighborhoods.
Absolutely! No disagreement here.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

Cobra Medic wrote:Some people will hate me for saying this but eating right and exercising are a huge factor in prevention. Stop smoking. Drink alcohol in moderation or not at all. Get enough sleep. Tell your family and friends you love them. Practice situational awareness when driving, and in your everyday life, not only when walking in strange neighborhoods.
Besides quitting cigarettes many decades ago, the best thing I have done since is cut out almost all sugared drinks, and I don't use any artificial sweeteners.
Sure has cut down on the throat infections.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “Off-Topic”