One song that "speaks" to you

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dave2
Posts in topic: 9

Re: One song that "speaks" to you

Post by Dave2 »

Pawpaw wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Is it bad that I recognized that song in less than a second? :lol:
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 360

Post by WildBill »

Dave2 wrote:Is it bad that I recognized that song in less than a second? :lol:
Nope, it just means you have a good memory. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

talltex
Posts in topic: 12

Post by talltex »

WildBill wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:I stand corrected on the singer of that song. James Taylor was the one with "I've seen fire and I've seen rain", right? And yes, time does pass by too quickly.
:iagree: Also a great song.
James Taylor also had a great hit with "You've Got a Friend" another good one!
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jumping Frog »

This song touched me back when I was a young man transitioning to independence from my father, and now if touches me in a different way as my sons are leaving and achieving their own independence.

[youtube][/youtube]
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

This is one of many for me and I can certainly attest that I tested my fathers patience to the end.

[youtube][/youtube]
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 2farnorth »

I hope I can make this link successfully. Scroll down past the lyrics and play the video. Title is "Look for me for I will be there too." by Tanya Goodman Sykes singing a song written by her father Rusty Goodman. There are Youtube versions but I like this one best.

http://wandascountryhome.com/lookforme/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
N5PNZ

Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

Five For Fighting performing Superman (It's Not Easy)

Paul McCartney singing Blackbird

Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

So many good ones...

Big Iron by Marty Robbins. The S&W 4506 I took through the police academy was nicknamed Big Iron. I was nicknamed Tackleberry :).

I Fought The Law And The Law Won by Bobby Fuller and the Fuller Four. One of my mentors in the Law Enforcement Community back in the day would carry a cassette player in his patrol car with a tape of this song, and would play it every time he arrested somebody :).

Good times.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

[youtube][/youtube]
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Syntyr »

I don't know why but two songs really speak to me. I play them any time I am feeling down or pumped. They really get me going..

Hey Man Nice Shot by Filter - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Save Yourself by Stabbing Westward - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kind of depressing lyrics but for some reason they really get me going. If I feel really torqued I will play them on my guitar or bass. Wife hates it when I play it cause I really like to crank my amp
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Syntyr »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I'm a singer and guitar player, so it is hard to limit it to just one song.

"Amazing Grace" played on the bagpipes.

"Hurt" performed by Johnny Cash.

Mumford & Sons "Little Lion Man"

There are many others, but these are just a few I love.
TAM,

I love Cash... Have you heard his rendition of Personal Jesus? My wife hates it but for some reason I really like it. Originally done by Depeche Mode

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by Syntyr on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Dave2
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Dave2 »

I'm quite certain I couldn't nail it down to just one song; I'll just leave this here anyway...
[youtube][/youtube]
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Syntyr wrote:I don't know why but two songs really speak to me. I play them any time I am feeling down or pumped. They really get me going..

Hey Man Nice Shot by Filter - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Save Yourself by Stabbing Westward - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kind of depressing lyrics but for some reason they really get me going. If I feel really torqued I will play them on my guitar or bass. Wife hates it when I play it cause I really like to crank my amp
I too like "Hey Man Nice Shot" I don't know why either, but it never seems to get old like other songs do.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Gustav Holst's "The Planets," because the track "Mars" made a big impact on me, an 11-year-old, while I listened and watched wide-eyed as the sun started to breach the violet-blue curve of the earth on my first Pan Am approach into a Philippine landing.

"Ave Maria." I'm not Catholic, but this simple, melodic hymn is, when sung well, enchanting and inspirational. None did it better than Luciano Pavarotti.

"All Along the Watchtower," by Hendrix, but written by Bob Dylan. Because we had a garage band in high school, and as lead guitar way back when, that was my favorite.

"Here Comes the Sun," the Beatles, 1969. Personal reasons.

"Lunatic Fringe," by Red Ryder. Little known, but the first track on all my workout mixes.

"Born to be Wild," by Steppenwolf. It's one of only a handful of songs I can do well in karaoke. And it's pretty much timeless.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Chasfm11, that was a beautiful rendition of a beautiful song. I could sing like that before I started teaching others how to sing. Don't have the time and energy to devote to my own talent anymore.

Songbird by Barbara Streisand sorta says it all for me.
[youtube][/youtube]
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

As a piano player and youngish baby boomer, I've always been partial to tunes like "Let It Be" and "Imagine". The latter, by John Lennon, is one of the most soulful and beautiful songs that I know of. But it is also one of the most stupid and dangerously naive messages that I know of. "Imagine no possessions... nothing to kill or die for..." Oh realllllly? Well, first just tell me who controls the water supply, and then we'll see. Do away with property rights, and while we're at it, do away with traditional constraints on human evil ("and no religion, too") and we'll see what kind of a peaceful utopia results. Probably one that Pol Pot would approve of.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Return to “Off-Topic”