Next generation of shooters

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 1

Next generation of shooters

Post by dws1117 »

I'm sure many of you are like me and have at least tried to pass shooting on to our kids. My 10 year old son loves to shoot. He has his own single shot .22 rifle, I bought a 1911-.22 for us both to enjoy, this august he got to shoot my .45 1911, and he has shot a few .22 versions of AR's, and a Sig 522. He has had the good fortune of shooting many more guns than I had at his age. I didn't get into shooting until I was well into my adult years.

My daughter is 6 and right now just likes to hear the "pop". I'll hold the rifle and she pulls the trigger. After a few rounds she looses interest and goes into the house. I think she will be getting her own .22 rifle for her 7th birthday.

Do you kids like to shoot?

Here is my son shooting the Colt/Walther 1911-22.

Beiruty

Re: Next generation of shooters

Post by Beiruty »

Yesmeena 9-yrs old (last year) at Elm Fork Range:

Dad, keep looking at the target:

Am I doing good?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

RPBrown

Re: Next generation of shooters

Post by RPBrown »

My 11 year old grand daughter loves to shoot. But of course she loves to do anything her grandmother (my wife) loves to do. She is more or less the tomboy of all of the girls. Both grandsons 6 & 7) like to shoot when they are here.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Off-Topic”