Automatic Holster

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JJVP
Posts in topic: 2

Automatic Holster

Post by JJVP »

Has any one seen this holster? Interesting. It racks the slide and turns off the safety in one motion.

http://automaticholster.com/#!prettyPhoto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[youtube][/youtube]
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

papajohn1964
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Automatic Holster

Post by papajohn1964 »

Holster? Where? Oh yeah the holster, had to watch it 3 times before I saw it. :mrgreen: may have to go watch it again!
Yes the Marines are a Department of the Navy.....The Mens Department....
CHL since 7/11/11

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I would be leery about using that, I would have to do some testing. Just thinking about it, I think if you failed to push down all the way or not pull the pistol out fast enough you might get a round hung up or not load, then you are in trouble. I think that holster is unnecessary and has the ability to cause more problems than it solves.

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

Ehh... solution to a non-existent problem IMHO. Carry a round chambered in a Glock (or any other firearm without a manual safety) and you won't need that. Could be useful for Israeli law enforcement I guess ;-)

I'd rather go with simplicity and practice releasing the safety as I draw.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Topic author
JJVP

Post by JJVP »

MadMonkey wrote:Ehh... solution to a non-existent problem IMHO. Carry a round chambered in a Glock (or any other firearm without a manual safety) and you won't need that. Could be useful for Israeli law enforcement I guess ;-)

I'd rather go with simplicity and practice releasing the safety as I draw.

Non-existing maybe for you. My understanding is that some countries require police to carry un-chambered. Spain where this holster was developed might be one. I also believe that US military have the same restrictions. This holster IS a solution to an EXISTING problem.

It might also be a solution to those who are afraid to carry chambered.
Last edited by JJVP on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

JeepGuy79
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JeepGuy79 »

mossad carries in condition 3... maybe they should look into these. Although I doubt any of their ops need such a holster. I agree with above it solves the problem no one had. carry a glock (or similar) if you want safe carry without a safety.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

They have one for Glocks, but it's strange looking because most of the gun is exposed. They only part it really covers is the slide and they "unholstering" motion is just downward that also racks the slide. I wonder if something like that would be acceptable for use in IDPA?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

threoh8

Post by threoh8 »

Didn't Bianchi once offer a holster for the M1911 that had a step for racking the slide? Maybe the model 66?
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

threoh8 wrote:Didn't Bianchi once offer a holster for the M1911 that had a step for racking the slide? Maybe the model 66?
The WWI - Vietnam M1916 holster was set up that way.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

MoJo wrote:
threoh8 wrote:Didn't Bianchi once offer a holster for the M1911 that had a step for racking the slide? Maybe the model 66?
I have an original M1916 (WWII era) and a reproduction, and neither one of them is "set up that way." The prevailing legend that you could rack the slide. and that it was designed to do that, has to do with the lump sewn in the inside of the holster which served to keep it from collapsing entirely when there was no gun in it and as a support at the trigger guard to position the gun properly.

You could, conceivably since I have seen it done in a few places, swivel the gun sideways as you were drawing it, and snag the front sight or the slide on that lump and rack the slide with a downstroke, but I have also seen as many demonstrations of how dangerous it is to do such a thing with a gun that has a manual safety that can't be engaged while the slide is being racked.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

jimlongley wrote:
MoJo wrote:
I have an original M1916 (WWII era) and a reproduction, and neither one of them is "set up that way." The prevailing legend that you could rack the slide. and that it was designed to do that, has to do with the lump sewn in the inside of the holster which served to keep it from collapsing entirely when there was no gun in it and as a support at the trigger guard to position the gun properly.

You could, conceivably since I have seen it done in a few places, swivel the gun sideways as you were drawing it, and snag the front sight or the slide on that lump and rack the slide with a downstroke, but I have also seen as many demonstrations of how dangerous it is to do such a thing with a gun that has a manual safety that can't be engaged while the slide is being racked.
My bad on that, I was just passing on what the pistol instructors in Infantry AIT told us way back in nineteen ought sixty seven. I never tried it since I never carried a .45 while in the Army.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Not bad. Better than the Russian version I saw a while back... On that one you pushed the gun through the holster in, what looked to me anyway, a very awkward movement.

If we're going to make overly complicated holsters to solve non-existent problems, though, I think I'd rather just holster the gun with the slide locked back, a fresh mag inserted, and have the holster trip the slide release as you draw the gun.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Get a simple holster. Learn to use it. I can appreciate that in some of the EuroCommie countries, cops can't carry with a round in the chamber, but that has more to do with their ignorance about guns than it does with any perceived inherent lack of safety while carrying with one in the chamber. A holster that complicated is just begging for something to go wrong on the draw stroke and getting the carrier killed by his/her opponent.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Get a simple holster. Learn to use it. I can appreciate that in some of the EuroCommie countries, cops can't carry with a round in the chamber, but that has more to do with their ignorance about guns than it does with any perceived inherent lack of safety while carrying with one in the chamber. A holster that complicated is just begging for something to go wrong on the draw stroke and getting the carrier killed by his/her opponent.
Or killing themself.
NRA Endowment Member

JeepGuy79

Post by JeepGuy79 »

My favorite thing about the video is that they use a SA/DA USP for demo. Like you could accidentally pull that 4" pull 12+lb trigger on that USP with the hammer down. Watch the video it isn't even a LEM trigger on it. It's dumb. I don't see the point?

I also don't get the motorcycle drive-by? How often do they need to do that?

Return to “Off-Topic”