Paper Publishes Names, Addresses of Legal Pistol Owners

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Paper Publishes Names, Addresses of Legal Pistol Owners

Post by SQLGeek »

The more I read about other places, the more I love it here. I sure hope we can keep Texas this way.
Psalm 91:2

Piratesailor
Banned

Post by Piratesailor »

New York fascism at its best. Love Texas.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Piratesailor wrote:New York fascism at its best. Love Texas.
Nobody likes yankees, not even other yankees. HO HO HO!

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jimlongley »

Thomas wrote:
jimlongley wrote:Interesting, my son in law is not in there, that I can find, so the list must be incomplete.
Does he have any friends that work for the paper?
Wouldn't surprise me, he's, shall we say, highly placed.

BTW, I have known several people, when I was a resident of NY State and teaching the Pistol Permit course, who had permits but did not own any guns.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The actions of the paper are rather ironic. They published the names and addresses of legal
gun owners, giving criminals great research for their burglaries.

Then when the houses get burglarized, the paper can feign outrage that guns should not be allowed
in private hands because they can get stolen by bad guys. Sheesh.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Hmmm, I wonder if the paper could be named in a lawsuit if the BG stated that he knew there would be guns in that house to steal because of the list in the paper?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jumping Frog »

JALLEN wrote:The only effective remedy available is boycott, shun, competition.
There is an alternate approach:

http://christopherfountain.wordpress.co ... the-goose/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Publishes the name, address, and telephone number of the publisher and the reporter. Includes real estate listings of the publishers home with google photos and interior photos of the $1.3 million, 4,617 sq ft home.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jimlongley »

Jumping Frog wrote:

http://christopherfountain.wordpress.co ... the-goose/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Publishes the name, address, and telephone number of the publisher and the reporter. Includes real estate listings of the publishers home with google photos and interior photos of the $1.3 million, 4,617 sq ft home.
Yeah, but try to get it published in the same paper.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

jimlongley wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:

Yeah, but try to get it published in the same paper.
A paper few read? Pffffffffffffffffttt, We can publish to a web sites hundreds of thousands, if not millions will see.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Jumping Frog wrote:

Sorry, I don't see what good that does.

My home has been on the web listed for sale for a year on Zillow, MLS, and the website of every real estate broker in Southern CA and it affects me not one whit.

What is the point of doing that?
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by VoiceofReason »

Well, the anti-gun zealots are in a frenzy, with the media feeding the fire with propaganda and outright lies.

If gun owners continue to take the moral “high ground” by hoping the majority of Americans see most gun owners are law abiding citizens, they will soon be knocking at your door to confiscate your guns.

I am not saying we should reply to lies with lies, but I hope someone that is a better strategist than myself can think of ways to retaliate against this rag and others in a manner that will make them think twice about doing something like this.

Just so some bureaucrat like Eric Holder doesn’t send paramilitary law enforcement officers to confiscate my guns, computer, and haul me off to Guantanamo Bay, I want to be clear that I am not advocating violent retaliation or violence in any way. I am talking about law suits, maybe paid advertisement to get the truth out, or any other lawful means of fighting those that would take away my means of protecting my loved ones and myself.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

SSAllen63

Post by SSAllen63 »

Someone should publish a list of New York Newspaper reporters who don't own guns along with a list of jewelry bought in the last 10 years. Or maybe there is an insurance list of all their valuables? We can start a whole website!
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

SSAllen63 wrote:Someone should publish a list of New York Newspaper reporters who don't own guns along with a list of jewelry bought in the last 10 years. Or maybe there is an insurance list of all their valuables? We can start a whole website!
Why stop there? Publish all their arrests and convictions, the address of their business, their business and home phone numbers, cell phones, cars (make and model), license plates, restaurants they frequent, bars they frequent, etc., etc. Sooner or later they'll get the message.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

How about publishing a list of all homes that have someone that owns a half carat or larger diamond? Or what about expensive original fine art?

I see this as nothing short of an attempt at intimidation.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Off-Topic”