Bank freeze "You Should Not Be Selling Guns On Internet”

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bank freeze "You Should Not Be Selling Guns On Internet”

Postby RPB » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:50 pm

BofA Freezes Licensed Gun Manufacturer’s Deposits “We Believe You Should Not Be Selling Guns On The Internet”
On January 4, 2013,
Masked adult language warning
http://www.ironicsurrealism.com/2013/01 ... -internet/

On December 29, the owner of American Spirit Arms; Joe Sirochman relayed this chilling news via Facebook:

Manufacturers back logged for months , large revenue all generated in the last two weeks …. American Spirit Arms is no exception to the overwhelming demand . What we have experienced is that our web site orders have jumped 500 % causing our web site E commerce processing larger Deposits to BANK OF AMERICA ..Well, this through up a huge RED Flag with Bank of America .

Bank deposits were on hold for FURTHER REVIEW …

HER EXACT WORDS WERE …
..” WE BELIEVE YOU SHOULD NOT BE SELLING GUNS and PARTS ON THE INTERNET “
Last edited by RPB on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"
RPB
Banned

Re: Bank freeze "You Should Not Be Selling Guns On Internet”

Postby Dave2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Who says banks get a say in the customers' business?

(Seriously... Are they allowed to do this?)
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.
Dave2

Postby cheezit » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:15 pm

one place comes to mind. paypal they pulled the same type of stuff
yet one more reason to hate b of a
cheezit

Postby Songbird » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:17 pm

The credit card we use most often is a BofA. Looks like its time to do a balance transfer and cancel a card! And I'll be sure to tell them why.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12
Songbird

Postby JALLEN » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Anybody dumb enough to patronize Bank of America is asking for this kind of nonsense.

Unless you have a need to occasionally borrow $500 million or something, why would anyone keep a dime at B of A, Chase, Wells Fargo or any of the other too-big-to-fail outfits. There can't be any disadvantage to using smaller local or community banks or credit unions for all but the really huge business operations.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.
JALLEN

Postby Dave2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:25 pm

cheezit wrote:one place comes to mind. paypal they pulled the same type of stuff
yet one more reason to hate b of a

They're not a bank, though.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.
Dave2

Postby anygunanywhere » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:40 pm

I wonder if they tell the drug dealers and pimps the same thing?

Anygunanywhere
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson
III%
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/
anygunanywhere

Location: Clear Lake Shores, TX during the week, La Grange TX on the weekends.

Postby Jim Beaux » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:54 pm

I would be suing for damages and interest.
"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now out numbered by those who vote for a living."
Jim Beaux

Postby A-R » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:57 pm

Jim Beaux wrote:I would be suing for damages and interest.

THIS
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it."

above does not apply to Westboro's Baptist Church nor those who desecrate the US flag

I am NOT a lawyer
A-R

Postby Oldgringo » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:09 pm

This story is at least 8 months old. http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/bankofamerica.asp
Oldgringo

Postby Songbird » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Oldgringo wrote:This story is at least 8 months old. http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/bankofamerica.asp

The company in the OP's link is a different one that the snopes account. All the more reason to stop doing business with them. I'm sure it happens more than we hear about.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12
Songbird

Postby The Annoyed Man » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:34 pm

I had heard a long time ago that Chase Bank was guilty of the same practices. But when I bought my Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle a couple of months ago (from an FFL in Pennsylvania), I paid with a Chase card and the transaction went through with no problem. When I asked the guy at the FFL about it, he said that they never have problem with Chase transactions. Go figure.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself." — Me

"History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." — Dwight D. Eisenhower
The Annoyed Man

Postby JALLEN » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:42 pm

Oldgringo wrote:This story is at least 8 months old. http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/bankofamerica.asp

I recall the incident with McMillan. Snopes is full of prunes. Bank of America cited as proof of their support of firearms manufacturing the deal with Freedom Group, Inc. Rubbish! Freedom Group is owned by Cerebus, a private equity outfit that used to own Chrysler and a bunch of other stuff, whose investors include the California pension plan, notorious for idiotic politically motivated investments.

I think it happened the way McMillan said it did, and have not seen anything credible to contradict that version of events.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.
JALLEN

Postby Oldgringo » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:53 pm

JALLEN wrote:

I recall the incident with McMillan. Snopes is full of prunes. Bank of America cited as proof of their support of firearms manufacturing the deal with Freedom Group, Inc. Rubbish! Freedom Group is owned by Cerebus, a private equity outfit that used to own Chrysler and a bunch of other stuff, whose investors include the California pension plan, notorious for idiotic politically motivated investments.

I think it happened the way McMillan said it did, and have not seen anything credible to contradict that version of events.

Okay
Oldgringo

Postby txjim42 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:16 am

Most of my family has already pulled the plug on BofA and other big banks. Support your local credit union.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace.
Thomas Paine
txjim42

Next

Return to Off-Topic