Bank freeze "You Should Not Be Selling Guns On Internet”

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

filmtex
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Southwest of Austin generally, Southeast of Dallas occasionally, Israel annually.

Re: Bank freeze "You Should Not Be Selling Guns On Internet”

Post by filmtex »

IMHO B of A is by far the worse ban in the country. I used them as a young man right out of high school and it didn't take me long to figure out that their accounting and customer service were HORRIBLE. Later in life we used a credit union and lately have had a Chase account. Started with Navy Federal last year and they are fantastic. Simply the best in whatever category I can think of. If B of A was the last bank in the country, I'd use cash exclusively...again!
"Come and take it."

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Private business so they have the right to refuse service. I don't use BofA so that is good otherwise I would have to find a new bank.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VMI77 »

anygunanywhere wrote:I wonder if they tell the drug dealers and pimps the same thing?

Anygunanywhere

I know you know they don't.

http://www.globalfraudnews.com/2012/07/ ... -disaster/
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

texanjoker wrote:Private business so they have the right to refuse service. I don't use BofA so that is good otherwise I would have to find a new bank.
Agreed, but then they should refuse to do business at the onset - don't enter into an agreement to do business and then renege on it.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

VMI77 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:I wonder if they tell the drug dealers and pimps the same thing?

Anygunanywhere

I know you know they don't.

http://www.globalfraudnews.com/2012/07/ ... -disaster/
I know that. He who dies with the highest post count wins. I am way behind.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

After reading the posts on this thread, is B of A guilty, or not?

Or, is there simply an anti-big bank bias at work?

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

when I started my non-firearms company, I opened an account with BofA so that I could do federal tax deposits. Shortly after being charged for every transaction, the privilege of talking to a teller and other fees, I dropped them and found out I could do the tax deposits on line through EFTPS.gov

Never looked back, the only time we ever had anything with them again was due to a auto lease and new car purchase since the rates were the lowest found when we financed using the dealer. we paid those off as quickly as possible just to be rid of them.
NRA Life Member

tallmike

Post by tallmike »

I am frequently amazed and how folks will jump onto a story that fits their world view, based only on a random blog post that they would never accept as evidence in any other circumstance.

I am also surprised by how many folks want every business they work with to share all of their viewpoints.

Slowplay

Post by Slowplay »

tallmike wrote:I am frequently amazed and how folks will jump onto a story that fits their world view, based only on a random blog post that they would never accept as evidence in any other circumstance.

I am also surprised by how many folks want every business they work with to share all of their viewpoints.
You are easily amazed, no? "rlol"
NRA Benefactor Member
"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance..."
- John Philpot Curran

tallmike

Post by tallmike »

Slowplay wrote:
tallmike wrote:I am frequently amazed and how folks will jump onto a story that fits their world view, based only on a random blog post that they would never accept as evidence in any other circumstance.

I am amazed that you would think that.

I am also amazed that you would take the time to post it.

I see what you are saying... :cheers2:

Slowplay

Post by Slowplay »

tallmike wrote:
Slowplay wrote:

I am amazed that you would think that.

I am also amazed that you would take the time to post it.

I see what you are saying... :cheers2:
You win - that's pretty funny :smilelol5:
NRA Benefactor Member
"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance..."
- John Philpot Curran

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

tallmike wrote:I am also surprised by how many folks want every business they work with to share all of their viewpoints.
I am also, I really would expect it to be more. I can see no rational reason for someone to contribute to a company that supports viewpoint counter to their own.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Well, as Slowplay suggested, sounds like you're easily amazed. Do your own research. I posted the link I did because the money laundering stuff has been going on for a long time and not being able to remember the exact cases, I picked one of the first links that came up on a search. Every big bank has been involved in money laundering. They always get away with nothing more than a fine. And yes, I have a "bias" against big banks in the same way I have a "bias" against other types of criminal activity. Any institution labeled "to big to fail" is little more than a criminal enterprise, since they can do just about anything they want, whether illegal or just immoral, and my tax money is used to bail them out --that's theft, it may be legalized theft thanks to the crony crooks in Congress, but theft none-the-less. And I'm not even getting into the fractional reserve system and the extreme leverage these criminal organizations have effectively been using to loot the Treasury and debase the currency. Nor have I gotten into the rampant mortgage fraud perpetrated by BOA and other banks, that has been swept under the carpet and gone unpunished. These big banks are more of a threat to the country than Al Qaeda or the Taliban --or Iran for that matter. Terrorists can't collapse our economy, but the illegal and legal thievery perpetrated by the banking system can.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JALLEN »

News!

From ASA's FB page this morning:

All,
I first want to thank all of you that have called, emailed and posted your support.
I also wanted to post an update and to clear up some questions ..
BANK OF AMERICA started holding American Spirit Arms deposits for REVIEW on 12-18-12.
Since that time we had to fight tooth and nail to get them released ..
We have now gotten most of the deposits and have set up new accounts with a local bank.
Again I want to thank everyone for the outpour of support on this matter and believe because
of You we were able to get our deposits..

Sincerely and Many Thanks,

Joseph P Sirochman
American Spirit Arms
16001 N Greenway Hayden Loop
Suite B
Scottsdale AZ 85260
480-367-9540 phone
480-367-9541 fax

Don't think I am a Facebooker. I found this on another site!
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Good. My d.h. And I had BOA right after we got married. Their policies tore up our fledgling finances bad. They put 7 day holds on our PAYCHECKS! caused us a grands worth of damage. We left them and never looked back.

I will NEVER do business with them again.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Return to “Off-Topic”