My son, age 12 debated a teacher re guns

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
texanjoker

My son, age 12 debated a teacher re guns

Post by texanjoker »

I just had to share this as my son made me proud. My son was just telling me of the debate he had with a teacher at school. He is 12, and in the 6th grader and has a keen interest in politics like his dad. I asked about the discussion to see what his answers were. The debate started over assault rifles and she felt nobody should own one expect the military. My son asked "what about police and security." She didn't like that question. She wanted to know why he thinks people should have them. He told her for self defense and "the 2nd amendment allows it." He said he would use it to protect us. The discussion then turned to hi cap magazines. She felt nobody should be allowed to have them and asked my son why anybody should have them. My son said if somebody was breaking into your home, you wouldn't want to have to reload while protecting yourself :thumbs2: . I guess I should be expecting a visit from CPS in the near future to make sure my guns are not accessible to my son "rlol"

The kid has shot since he could walk and is a lot safer and more accurate with a gun then most people I know. This photo is about a year old. He was taking 5 yard head shots with a taurus tcp 380.

EDIT: FYI my stuff is locked up in a safe.

Topic author
Heartland Patriot

Re: My son, age 12 debated a teacher re guns

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Sounds like you've got a good kid. :thumbs2:

SRH78
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SRH78 »

Where is the like button? :cheers2:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

SRH78 wrote:Where is the like button? :cheers2:

:thumbs2:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Can we adopt him??????? :biggrinjester:

That is an awesome kiddo, congrats!!! :tiphat:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

Give that kid a pat on the back. I hope my daughter will be as composed if she ever finds herself in such a debate.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

RoyGBiv wrote:
SRH78 wrote:Where is the like button? :cheers2:
[ Image ]

:thumbs2:
:iagree:
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Gameover

Post by Gameover »

I bet she didn't think anyone in the class was going to disagree with her. Your son did a great job :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Question everything

A-R

Post by A-R »

CPS? pffffttt! you're in T-E-X-A-S now! All 12 year olds know how to shoot and support gun rights :txflag:

He's got good form, you should bring him out to IDPA - I've seen a few 10-year-olds tear up the courses with .22 pistols.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

It is heartening to hear that there are kiddoes still able and willing to speak up with clear reason against the programming foisted on them by our statist "education" system. This happens too seldom.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Wodathunkit

Post by Wodathunkit »

Sign that kid up for debate club!
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

jacobsd8195
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jacobsd8195 »

Middle Age Russ wrote:It is heartening to hear that there are kiddoes still able and willing to speak up with clear reason against the programming foisted on them by our statist "education" system. This happens too seldom.
Not all teachers are so. In fact, just today my class was watching ChannelOne News (daily student news program) and they did a short piece on the dramatic increase in gun sales and background checks. One of my students asked if I owned a gun and I replied "Yes." The class erupted with questions of what kind and do I practice... but I had to get them back on task. I almost looked up the funny map of Texas Gun Owners (that is a topic on the forum) to show them, but decided to not get them all wound up again.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

jacobsd8195 wrote:
Middle Age Russ wrote:It is heartening to hear that there are kiddoes still able and willing to speak up with clear reason against the programming foisted on them by our statist "education" system. This happens too seldom.
Not all teachers are so. In fact, just today my class was watching ChannelOne News (daily student news program) and they did a short piece on the dramatic increase in gun sales and background checks. One of my students asked if I owned a gun and I replied "Yes." The class erupted with questions of what kind and do I practice... but I had to get them back on task. I almost looked up the funny map of Texas Gun Owners (that is a topic on the forum) to show them, but decided to not get them all wound up again.
Kinda cool, their interest I mean. What grade?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jacobsd8195
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jacobsd8195 »

7th Grade

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

jacobsd8195 wrote:7th Grade
What do you think your school administrators will think about this class discussion?

Return to “Off-Topic”