Lockdown-no crime

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Lockdown-no crime

Post by Purplehood »

A-R wrote:And how exactly are school administrators SUPPOSED to react when they see two young men (early 20s - same as last two mass murderers) with what from a distance certainly look like "automatic" weapons (especially to firearms novices) near the school?
A. I seriously doubt that I would ever consider pulling such a stunt.
B. I think it is ill-advised.
C. It is not illegal and should not be.

I am sorry, but everytime I see garbage like this I get flashbacks to my ancient childhood and remember carrying my .22 LR to school for Show and Tell.
I was sensible enough to ask the Principal if I could do it beforehand, and was given approval with the following instructions:

1. Bolt open at all times
2. No magazine or clip anywhere near the weapon (Yes, it had a clip)

As others have said before on this same forum, our culture has changed significantly and the sight of individuals carrying firearms without a uniform or badge is now cause for outright alarm.

Maybe I should move to Switzerland or Israel with their incredibly high murder rates and school shootings. /sarcasm off
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

A-R
Posts in topic: 6

Post by A-R »

To be clear I do not want open carry such as this made illegal. And I also wish it did not freak out the sheeple.

But that doesn't change the fact that it DOES freak them out and continuing to do so in this in-your-face fashion only makes it MORE likely that this (and other gun uses you and I DO want/use) will be made illegal. Just look what happened to the holstered unloaded open carry in California.

stroo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stroo »

Times have changed. I used to rabbit hunt in a field right behind our high school. Had to go through the school's property to get there. I carried a 20 gauge shotgun openly and never had anyone question me or lock down the high school. And I was 13 - 17 years old at the time. :shock:

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

I was on the Ohio State House grounds in April of 2010 as part of the Ohio portion of the National 2nd Amendment March held in DC and many state capitals.

I was there with a lot of friends carrying rifles. There were about 300 of us.

Rights that are not exercised are rights that are lost.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

texasmusic

Post by texasmusic »

Jumping Frog wrote:I was on the Ohio State House grounds in April of 2010 as part of the Ohio portion of the National 2nd Amendment March held in DC and many state capitals.

Rights that are not exercised are rights that are lost.
:thumbs2:

Liberty in it's purest form.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

A-R wrote:A friend lives in Portland and her young son's school went into lockdown because of this idiotic stunt. The parents were notified, and are obviously very upset. Just getting the message that the school was on lockdown because men were seen with guns was truly traumatic for the parents.

Based on suspect names given on news stories, cross referenced against some posts on various gun web sites, I'm fairly confident at least one of these guys regularly pulls these "open carry" stunts and posts videos of it on YouTube under user name "markedguardian".

Someone needs to explain to this idiot that he is seriously damaging the reputation of all gun owners and the cause of gun rights with these stupid stunts. Parents of children at that school who previously were on the fence in things like renewed AWB are now calling for it.

Way to go, moron! :banghead:

This guy and his stunts are just as bad for gun rights as Alex Jones and his ilk.

Furthermore, using Texas law as reference (no idea what Oregon law says on subject) if this idiot knowingly/ purposely open carried near that school at a time like this (with so many freaked and horrified over Newtoen massacre) I think he's dangerously close to a Disorderly Conduct charge (bye bye CHL)
Texas Penal Code 42.01.  DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:
(8)  displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;
I wonder if that guy has any idea of the utter failure of the operation that his pseudonym is similar to?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”