Houston's Brown Hand Center founder in trouble again

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 26

Re: Houston's Brown Hand Center founder in trouble again

Post by philip964 »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... cmpid=hpts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Judge orders arrest for contempt of court for failing to appear at his contempt of court hearing. At least I think thats what it said.

Sorry I just cannot look away at the slow train wreck.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... cmpid=hpts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Judge sentences Michael Brown to 30 days in federal prison for interfering with a flight attendant. I he grabbed her around the neck and threatened to strip naked.

BigBangSmallBucks
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BigBangSmallBucks »

philip964 wrote:http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... cmpid=hpts

Judge sentences Michael Brown to 30 days in federal prison for interfering with a flight attendant. I he grabbed her around the neck and threatened to strip naked.
Don't forget about him being high on booger sugar :deadhorse:

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Glad you guys posted this. I've considered his centers for less-invasive surgery... Sounds like a great place to avoid.

TrackinPat
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TrackinPat »

I'm so glad I just found this thread, holy cow this made my day. I always wondered what happened to that guy!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

He suffered a sever heart attack and is alive, but they cannot communicate with him.

For our younger members who are in the 40 - 50 range especially those who have a relative who has had a heart attack, it is very important to survive your first heart attack. Learn the heart attack symptoms, if you are mobile and feel you are having a heart attack, do not wait for an ambulance, have some one drive you to the hospital. (don't drive yourself)

Quit smoking, watch your weight, get regular exercise, but your genes are your best and worst enemy.

If you can tolerate, I would suggest that today you consider taking a coated full aspirin a day.

Please check with your doctor before proceeding with any course of action.

TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

Well, this guy just can't catch a break!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

philip964,

Why a full size aspirin?

For those over 50, I thought a baby aspirin daily was sufficient.

Not so?

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Abraham wrote:philip964,

Why a full size aspirin?

Not so?
I'm not a doctor. The only drawback I am aware of in taking a full size aspirin is that is has some trouble with your stomach. A coated aspirin solves that problem usually. There has been some reports that aspirin a day can cause eye problems. It has also been linked to a reduction in colon cancer.

I think its a .380 vs .45 argument. Aspirin is cheap and is easy to carry around.

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JP171 »

philip964 wrote:

Why a full size aspirin?

Not so?
I'm not a doctor. The only drawback I am aware of in taking a full size aspirin is that is has some trouble with your stomach. A coated aspirin solves that problem usually. There has been some reports that aspirin a day can cause eye problems. It has also been linked to a reduction in colon cancer.

I think its a .380 vs .45 argument. Aspirin is cheap and is easy to carry around.

a baby aspirin a day is all that is safe for long term use as a regular aspirin at 325mg will cause a very interesting effect, its called insufflation hemorrhage, or suffusion hemorrhage. this is a condition that is caused by the breakdown of vitamin K or clotting agent in your blood and being thinned by the side effect of aspirin. remember baby aspirin is 84 mg so it is about 1/3 the concentration of regular aspirin and does not cause the effect of over thinning and blockage of vitamin K in the blood. This same condition occurs in those who have had a large number of blood transfusions in a short period of time, I remember a police officer that this happened to after being shot multiple times, he had so many transfusions the blood started to "leak" out of his vessels because the blood would no longer clot. It is also the main cause of death in those that have contracted some for of hemorrhagic fever such as e bola or hanta virus

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

JP171 wrote:
philip964 wrote:

Why a full size aspirin?

Not so?

a baby aspirin a day is all that is safe for long term use as a regular aspirin at 325mg will cause a very interesting effect, its called insufflation hemorrhage, or suffusion hemorrhage. this is a condition that is caused by the breakdown of vitamin K or clotting agent in your blood and being thinned by the side effect of aspirin. remember baby aspirin is 84 mg so it is about 1/3 the concentration of regular aspirin and does not cause the effect of over thinning and blockage of vitamin K in the blood. This same condition occurs in those who have had a large number of blood transfusions in a short period of time, I remember a police officer that this happened to after being shot multiple times, he had so many transfusions the blood started to "leak" out of his vessels because the blood would no longer clot. It is also the main cause of death in those that have contracted some for of hemorrhagic fever such as e bola or hanta virus
I have been on blood thinners and four baby aspirins a day since 2006. No stomach problems yet. I hope that is not next on my list. I have ten stents and a by-pass.

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JP171 »

carlson1 wrote:
JP171 wrote:
philip964 wrote:

Why a full size aspirin?

Not so?

I have been on blood thinners and four baby aspirins a day since 2006. No stomach problems yet. I hope that is not next on my list. I have ten stents and a by-pass.

OUCH!!!! doood........um well you need the water instead of blood, you sir are a special case, and please consider I have been a licensed Paramedic for over 23 years, but darn man you gotta leave the good tastin bad stuff alone. Realistically the stomach isn't the problem its the clotting factor that is, you have a need to have thin and non clotting blood as the wire the stints are made of will tend to cause thrombolytic activity

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

JP171 wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
JP171 wrote:
philip964 wrote:

Why a full size aspirin?

Not so?

OUCH!!!! doood........um well you need the water instead of blood, you sir are a special case, and please consider I have been a licensed Paramedic for over 23 years, but darn man you gotta leave the good tastin bad stuff alone. Realistically the stomach isn't the problem its the clotting factor that is, you have a need to have thin and non clotting blood as the wire the stints are made of will tend to cause thrombolytic activity
That's why God invented stint sandwiches and Plavix.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

More bad news for the former doctor as he remains in a coma.

TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

This guy's luck is just really adding up.

Return to “Off-Topic”