Mark Kelly's dog attacks and kills baby sea lion in Cali

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rrash
Posts in topic: 1

Mark Kelly's dog attacks and kills baby sea lion in Cali

Post by Rrash »

http://news.yahoo.com/giffords-husband- ... 12905.html

While California law states that the dog owner is responsible for his/her dog, will there be a call for a ban on assault dogs, baby sea lions, or beaches? As of right now, no word from the Giffords/Kelly camp. Clearly, this tragedy could have been prevented.

anygunanywhere

Re: Mark Kelly's dog attacks and kills baby sea lion in Cali

Post by anygunanywhere »

PETA needs to get all over this. Throw some blood on Giffords and stuff.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RPBrown »

"The dogs owners wont be charged because the dog was leashed and legally on the beach".

Doesn't matter that they did not have control of the dog or tight grip on the leash. Had it been anyone of us we would have been cuffed and stuffed. I guess notoriety has its privilages.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Well, we obviously need stronger laws banning high-capacity assault dogs.
Byron Dickens

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

The spokesman says it all. Stress killed the sea lion pup. It wasn't the "superficial" bite of a 90 pound pit bull. That's about 1 ton of bull. We ordinary folks would be charged with failure to control our dog if the leash is ripped from us. I just thank the stars there wasn't a child on the beach that was in stress. JThis would be on the news every 45 seconds if the dog belonged to a daughter of George Bush or some conservative person of note.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

Let's just say I have a huge problem with people that get dogs they are unable to control or physically restrain. I've trained dogs for over 20 years and have always refused to train a dog if the handler could not hold the dog on a leash by themselves. The only exceptions being during temporary periods if injured or pregnant. There is no reason a person should ever have a dog larger than they can physically restrain.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Chris

Post by Chris »

If we can save just one baby sea lion, then we have an obligation to try.

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

RPBrown wrote:"The dogs owners wont be charged because the dog was leashed and legally on the beach".
Laws are for the little people, not b-list celebrity BABY sea lion KILLERS!
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

EL29jm

Post by EL29jm »

Everyone is looking at this wrong. Takes Mark's point of view. It is not the dog but the number of teeth the dog had at one time that caused such damage. An average adult dog has between 30 to 42 teeth depending on the breed. You need to limit the number of teeth the dog can have in its mouth. The (Strike ->Pit Bull) "bulldog" mix does not need 42 teeth. You need to restrict the dog to a maximum of 10 teeth. Don't blame the breed or the dogs intentions, blame the teeth. Think of the seals

(Edited to reflect dog breed in the story.)
Last edited by EL29jm on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Grid - EL29jl - moved) NRA Lifetime member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

EL29jm wrote:Everyone is looking at this wrong. Takes Mark's point of view. It is not the dog but the number of teeth the dog had at one time that caused such damage. An average adult dog has between 30 to 42 teeth depending on the breed. You need to limit the number of teeth the dog can have in its mouth. The Pit Bull mix does not need 42 teeth. You need to restrict the dog to a maximum of 10 teeth. Don't blame the breed or the dogs intentions, blame the teeth. Think of the seals
:lol:
That and how easy it is to get a Pit Bull. Not even a background check is required.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

gringo pistolero wrote:
RPBrown wrote:"The dogs owners wont be charged because the dog was leashed and legally on the beach".
Laws are for the little people, not b-list celebrity BABY sea lion KILLERS!
If it attacked the seal they were not in control of it.

apostate

Post by apostate »

The dog just went off? Next thing you know they'll say they were cleaning it. :roll:

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RPBrown »

Okay, I have to stand up for the dog here. Not this dog, but the Pit Bull breed. This report, nor any other that I have read says it was a Pit Bull. They all have said a bull dog mix. This is why Pit Bulls get a bad rap. There was a report here a few months ago about 3 Pit Bulls attacking a person. They had pictures and there was a Doberman, and 2 what looked to be doberman/shepard mixed.
We have always prided ourselves in getting the facts before we post, lets continue that.

Yes I have a Pit Bull :evil2:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

RPBrown wrote:Okay, I have to stand up for the dog here. Not this dog, but the Pit Bull breed. This report, nor any other that I have read says it was a Pit Bull. They all have said a bull dog mix. This is why Pit Bulls get a bad rap. There was a report here a few months ago about 3 Pit Bulls attacking a person. They had pictures and there was a Doberman, and 2 what looked to be doberman/shepard mixed.
We have always prided ourselves in getting the facts before we post, lets continue that.

Yes I have a Pit Bull :evil2:
The video reveals the breed. I watched it again and the dog is more like 60-70 poundss. It's a pit bull. I have been around dogs all my life. My dad was a vet and I worked with him a lot. Again, it's a pit bull. The woman is at fault because she failed to control the dog. Pit Bulls are recognized as an extremely aggressive breed. That's what they were bred to be and they shouldn't be owned by most of the people that have them. I've seen and helped my dad suture up too many animals who were victimized by Pits with irresponsible owners. I'm just glad it wasn't a child, but then it wouldn't matter to the media as they would sweep it under the rug as they did this attack on the seal.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

goose

Post by goose »

apostate wrote:The dog just went off? Next thing you know they'll say they were cleaning it. :roll:
That is gold right there.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Return to “Off-Topic”