Police input on bad guys

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Ericstac
Posts in topic: 1

Police input on bad guys

Post by Ericstac »

I have never seen a bad guy with a holster. They always had a gun either slid into a pocket or into their waistline or in hand, but never holstered up properly. Now my experience is very limited only to a handful of street gangbangers and 1% ers. So I was wondering if the cops see a different story and actually find a lot of bad guys wearing a gun properly?

To me, a holstered gun means a good guy. For the most part.

texanjoker

Re: Police input on bad guys

Post by texanjoker »

I've only encountered one bad guy with a holster..... still had it on after tossing the gun that we found...the rest pocket carried, put in a jacket, or wrap it in a bandanna. Now with open carry if I was the bad guy I would make myself look presentable and simply open carry.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

texanjoker wrote:I've only encountered one bad guy with a holster..... still had it on after tossing the gun that we found...the rest pocket carried, put in a jacket, or wrap it in a bandanna. Now with open carry if I was the bad guy I would make myself look presentable and simply open carry.
I can't think of any bad guys I encountered while they were wearing a holster. There may have been one or two somewhere (too many bad guys and too many intervening years to be sure) but it certainly is a rarity. A holster is one more incriminating item to have to ditch when pursued, and most bad guys think it's more cool to carry without.

I'm not personally concerned about bad guys masquerading as law abiding citizens exercising open carry if that law passes. Most would have a considerable challenge making themselves look presentable with their revealing tats, wardrobe choices, and personal hygiene habits. Even if they managed to overcome all of those, the years of drug abuse and the feral look are impossible to hide.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Excaliber wrote: the years of drug abuse and the feral look are impossible to hide.
"rlol" :smilelol5:
So true.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

blending is not impossible by any means

bigbang

Post by bigbang »

A lot of bad guys are habitual offenders with records. Getting caught with a firearm can be very bad for them. Getting caught with a holster isn't too smart either.
This is a Glock 40. Fifty Cent. Too Short. All of them talk about a Glock 40. OK?
I'm the only one in this forum fool enough - that I know of - to shoot himself with a Glock 40.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

cheezit wrote:blending is not impossible by any means
That depends on who's looking.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Oh yeah, you blend!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Excaliber wrote:Most would have a considerable challenge making themselves look presentable with their revealing tats, wardrobe choices, and personal hygiene habits. Even if they managed to overcome all of those, the years of drug abuse and the feral look are impossible to hide.
I've posted this before, but I think it's worth it again. I find it absolutely shocking what this stuff does to the human body.

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-face ... ng-2012-12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facesofmeth.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

DEB

Post by DEB »

texanjoker wrote:I've only encountered one bad guy with a holster..... still had it on after tossing the gun that we found...the rest pocket carried, put in a jacket, or wrap it in a bandanna. Now with open carry if I was the bad guy I would make myself look presentable and simply open carry.
Have you or others of your profession found this to be a problem in those states that have open carry? I would believe most bad guys would like to remain off the radar. I mean it is legal to open carry a rifle in Texas for instance. Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, just curious what Law Enforcement passes on to one another concerning open carry? In my current position I take multiple classes and training with Law Enforcement. It seems that I can quickly pick out where a particular person originally hails from just by their take on the public and firearms freedoms. I know you do have a very difficult job and I do thank you for your service.

Daniel
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

DEB wrote:
Have you or others of your profession found this to be a problem in those states that have open carry? I would believe most bad guys would like to remain off the radar. I mean it is legal to open carry a rifle in Texas for instance. Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, just curious what Law Enforcement passes on to one another concerning open carry? In my current position I take multiple classes and training with Law Enforcement. It seems that I can quickly pick out where a particular person originally hails from just by their take on the public and firearms freedoms. I know you do have a very difficult job and I do thank you for your service.

Daniel
I never encountered an an OC advocate in CA, and the only time I dealt with people visibly armed were in the back country where no body cared. They were hunting, hiking, target shooting, ect on public lands where it was legal to do so. There were many places you went to do those activities right along the border. If they were unarmed I might suggest they move to a safer location or advise them of their 2A rights. Now I have arrested many crooks with guns. Except for the times they pointed their gun or shot at me, the rest of the felons had their guns concealed. I imagine I encountered a lot more then I knew about because of the concealment. The only open carry in TX that I have seen was the militia guy at the pro 2nd rally at the capital. IMO he displayed the image that the lib's love making us all look stupid. Sure that was within the law, but not what the event promoters wanted... I can criminal elements are adapting to blend in. We had a large area of Asian gangs in SO CAL. They stopped wearing colors (clothing that signified their involvement in a particular street gang.), ect to avoid being stopped as they adapted to blending in to conduct business. That is just one example. If it really became the norm to easily open carry I could see some taking advantage of it. While some may say they will all stand out, you cannot judge a book by the cover. I have seen the most clean cut folk in business attire turn out to be in a very bad MC club and the sketchy looking person is just that, a sketchy looking tax payer with no criminal history and follows all the law. Any violators should be dealt with on an individual basis and the general population should not be penalized for their illegal actions. :txflag:

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

DEB wrote:In my current position I take multiple classes and training with Law Enforcement. It seems that I can quickly pick out where a particular person originally hails from just by their take on the public and firearms freedoms.
:iagree:

You can take the boy out of commifornia but it aint so easy to take the commifornia out of the boy.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Define bad guy?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

scud runner

Post by scud runner »

gigag04 wrote:Define bad guy?
Good question. Many bad guys enforcing unconstitutional laws carry their handguns in holsters.

Return to “Off-Topic”