NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JJVP
Posts in topic: 1

NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily

Post by JJVP »

The National Security Agency is currently collecting the telephone records of millions of US customers of Verizon, one of America's largest telecoms providers, under a top secret court order issued in April.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ju ... ourt-order" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Re: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans da

Post by Beiruty »

JJVP wrote:
The National Security Agency is currently collecting the telephone records of millions of US customers of Verizon, one of America's largest telecoms providers, under a top secret court order issued in April.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ju ... ourt-order" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Are you smelling the coffee? Good morning, young jedi.
:woohoo
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Wes

Post by Wes »

NSA, DOJ, IRS, ATF...my word...it's a mad house washingtons running.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Why just Verizon? Are they offering a special "jihadi" plan? :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:Why just Verizon? Are they offering a special "jihadi" plan? :-)

SIA
I suspect it's not just Verizon. Verizon resisted the order and the story came about because a court ruled against it. There's no mention of companies that simply complied.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

Excaliber wrote:
surprise_i'm_armed wrote:Why just Verizon? Are they offering a special "jihadi" plan? :-)

SIA
I suspect it's not just Verizon. Verizon resisted the order and the story came about because a court ruled against it. There's no mention of companies that simply complied.
Good point. That had not occurred to me.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

They changed the plaque on the Statue of Liberty.
Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses So we can show them the face of tyranny!
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

1st Amendment: Gone
2nd Amendment: Gone
4th Amendment: Gone
10th Amendment: Long Gone
Constitution: Shredded

Tyranny ushered in with a round of applause! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

suthdj wrote:They changed the plaque on the Statue of Liberty.
Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses So we can show them the face of tyranny!

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses as we can always use more...cause things aren't gonna change around here anytime soon."
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

2firfun50

Post by 2firfun50 »

jayinsat wrote:1st Amendment: Gone
2nd Amendment: Gone
4th Amendment: Gone
10th Amendment: Long Gone
Constitution: Shredded

Tyranny ushered in with a round of applause! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
With the terrorists leading 42-3 late in the 4th quarter we'll take a break for important news from Washington.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I pity the poor government worker bees stunned into boredom listening to all that chatter...yes, I found the cutest shoes, yep, I just chopped out a stump with my old axe, well mother-in-law is such a...blah, blah, blah...

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote:I pity the poor government worker bees stunned into boredom listening to all that chatter...yes, I found the cutest shoes, yep, I just chopped out a stump with my old axe, well mother-in-law is such a...blah, blah, blah...
But then there's the occasional nugget...."You know Joe, that buffoon in the oval office is a fascist so and so, and he's going to get us all killed. After all, he targets American citizens with drones, using a policy that does not specifically bar such actions inside of the United States."

I've had plenty of those kinds of conversations with friends of mine. Does anybody seriously think that people like me haven't been bumped from the "general filtration" list to the "merits further spying upon" list? And I'm a Verizon customer by the way. I am due for a phone upgrade this month, and my wife is due in September. I'm seriously considering switching carriers and phone numbers anyway at this point, due to some general dissatisfaction issues with Verizon. Maybe it's time to give due consideration to other reasons in my decision making.

Are AT&T and the other providers any more or less cooperative with the 4th Reich than Verizon? It's a powerful incentive to start restricting such conversations to face-to-face encounters in areas reasonably secure from goobermint intrusion....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Abraham wrote:I pity the poor government worker bees stunned into boredom listening to all that chatter...yes, I found the cutest shoes, yep, I just chopped out a stump with my old axe, well mother-in-law is such a...blah, blah, blah...
But then there's the occasional nugget...."You know Joe, that buffoon in the oval office is a fascist so and so, and he's going to get us all killed. After all, he targets American citizens with drones, using a policy that does not specifically bar such actions inside of the United States."

I've had plenty of those kinds of conversations with friends of mine. Does anybody seriously think that people like me haven't been bumped from the "general filtration" list to the "merits further spying upon" list? And I'm a Verizon customer by the way. I am due for a phone upgrade this month, and my wife is due in September. I'm seriously considering switching carriers and phone numbers anyway at this point, due to some general dissatisfaction issues with Verizon. Maybe it's time to give due consideration to other reasons in my decision making.

Are AT&T and the other providers any more or less cooperative with the 4th Reich than Verizon? It's a powerful incentive to start restricting such conversations to face-to-face encounters in areas reasonably secure from goobermint intrusion....
4th Reich :iagree:

patriot act really has been abused and abused, fox was just reporting that the PRES (current one) signed off on widening the cell snooping
next it will be drones near my house or black suburbans on my road
Its deplorable to say the least
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

Yes. Yes they are. Verizon is the one who was resisting and has now been ordered to comply by the court of law. Welcome to the USSA. :patriot:
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

2firfun50

Post by 2firfun50 »

Excaliber wrote:

SIA
Since all electronic communication companies exist at the pleasure of the FCC, I'm sure they will comply in one form or another.

Return to “Off-Topic”