I-45 On-Ramp (Gulf Fwy)

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

brainman
Posts in topic: 9

Re: I-45 On-Ramp (Gulf Fwy)

Post by brainman »

Bullitt wrote:
brainman wrote:
Bullitt wrote:And just for the record, passing on the right is illegal if the car in front you is doing the speed limit. This is because that car in front may also be trying to pass but is doing so at the posted speed limit.
Wrong.
No, that is correct.
Ok, let's play. Show me the law.

Topic author
Bullitt
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Bullitt »

brainman wrote:
Bullitt wrote:
brainman wrote:
Bullitt wrote:And just for the record, passing on the right is illegal if the car in front you is doing the speed limit. This is because that car in front may also be trying to pass but is doing so at the posted speed limit.
Wrong.
No, that is correct.
No, but since you are insistent, and the mod has already stepped in once, and since you were the one to derail this thread with your first post, I'll just hit the complaint button.

brainman

Post by brainman »

Bullitt wrote:
brainman wrote:
Bullitt wrote:
brainman wrote:
Wrong.
No, that is correct.
No, but since you are insistent, and the mod has already stepped in once, and since you were the one to derail this thread with your first post, I'll just hit the complaint button.
Complain if you want. You're saying something that is factually incorrect. Since you don't want to find it, I will.

§ 545.057. PASSING TO THE RIGHT. (a) An operator may pass
to the right of another vehicle only if conditions permit safely
passing to the right and:
(1) the vehicle being passed is making or about to make
a left turn; and
(2) the operator is:
(A) on a highway having unobstructed pavement not
occupied by parked vehicles and sufficient width for two or more
lines of moving vehicles in each direction; or
(B) on a one-way street or on a roadway having
traffic restricted to one direction of movement and the roadway is
free from obstructions and wide enough for two or more lines of
moving vehicles.
(b) An operator may not pass to the right by leaving the main
traveled portion of a roadway except as provided by Section

Passing on the right is legal. Impeding traffic in the passing lane is not.

Topic author
Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

anygunanywhere wrote:
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Anygunanywhere

Ranger Class 4-81 here. Can't stand pseudo-Ranger tabs.
Last edited by Bullitt on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

brainman wrote: Since you don't want to find it, I will.

§ 545.057. PASSING TO THE RIGHT. (a) An operator may pass
a left turn; and
(2) the operator is:
moving vehicles.

Passing on the right is legal. Impeding traffic in the passing lane is not.
And none of the conditions you listed above allows for passing on the right as I described. So you are wrong again, but nice try. The more you write, the more fun it gets.

brainman

Post by brainman »

Bullitt wrote:And none of the conditions you listed above allows for passing on the right as I described. So you are wrong again, but nice try. The more you write, the more fun it gets.
:thumbs2:
I can see now why you have this problem. So, I give up, you're right. Have fun with that.

Topic author
Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

brainman wrote: § 545.057. PASSING TO THE RIGHT. (a) An operator may pass
a left turn; and
(2) the operator is:
moving vehicles.
Just so readers don't get misinformed here. Passing on the right in moving traffic, which is what was being discussed here, is illegal. Posting a statute for a vehicle that is stopped and/or slowed to make a left turn is disingenuous. In no case may you pass on the right if the vehicle in front of you is at or exceeding the speed limit, and that's the law. Test it in places where the law is enforced and you will get a ticket. When you go to court to fight your ticket, take the statute that was provided to you by brainman as your defense, and see how you do. Good luck!

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Bullitt wrote:
xb12s wrote:
SewTexas wrote: .... Houston, Dallas, even San Anotonio
Especially San Antonio...People come to a complete stop on the feeders to let people merge off of the freeway.
Here it's a race. The car on the ramp and the car in the lane will race. It's a sign of weakness to yield. Same goes for using your turn-signal to change lanes. If you do that, it's a sign of weakness and the adjacent cars will intentionally try to block you from changing lanes.

Bawaahahahahahaha! I was visiting my son in Houston. I turned on my turn signal to merge over after getting off freeway. He says, "Now you've done it! They all know you are from out of town". :lol:

03Lightningrocks

I love light hearted threads like this! :mrgreen:

brainman

Post by brainman »

Bullitt wrote:
Just so readers don't get misinformed here. Passing on the right in moving traffic, which is what was being discussed here, is illegal. Posting a statute for a vehicle that is stopped and/or slowed to make a left turn is disingenuous. In no case may you pass on the right if the vehicle in front of you is at or exceeding the speed limit, and that's the law. Test it in places where the law is enforced and you will get a ticket. When you go to court to fight your ticket, take the statute that was provided to you by brainman as your defense, and see how you do. Good luck!
Like I said, you're right. All those times I've passed cops on the right and not reading carefully put me in the wrong. Guess they took pity cause they were stuck behind the guy in the left lane.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

Bullitt wrote:
xb12s wrote:
SewTexas wrote: .... Houston, Dallas, even San Anotonio
Especially San Antonio...People come to a complete stop on the feeders to let people merge off of the freeway.
Here it's a race. The car on the ramp and the car in the lane will race. It's a sign of weakness to yield. Same goes for using your turn-signal to change lanes. If you do that, it's a sign of weakness and the adjacent cars will intentionally try to block you from changing lanes.

if you don't yield in my part of town you WILL get a ticket, no if's, and's or but's....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I always tell people that folks driving anywhere in DFW are AGRESSIVE, but folks driving in Houston are CRAZY! My dad and brother live down there and its always a driving challenge when I go visit. I don't know what to make of San Antonio drivers, that mess is just WEIRD. Traffic jams out of nowhere and when you get up to where it starts flowing, there isn't even an accident being rubbernecked.

03Lightningrocks

K.Mooneyham wrote:I always tell people that folks driving anywhere in DFW are AGRESSIVE, but folks driving in Houston are CRAZY! My dad and brother live down there and its always a driving challenge when I go visit. I don't know what to make of San Antonio drivers, that mess is just WEIRD. Traffic jams out of nowhere and when you get up to where it starts flowing, there isn't even an accident being rubbernecked.
I agree about Houston drivers. They make Dallas drivers look like little old ladies. I have been to Austin and it seemed to be rather tamed. Must be all the pot they smoke down there. :mrgreen:

Houston drivers are just plumb nuts!

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

K.Mooneyham wrote:I always tell people that folks driving anywhere in DFW are AGRESSIVE, but folks driving in Houston are CRAZY! My dad and brother live down there and its always a driving challenge when I go visit. I don't know what to make of San Antonio drivers, that mess is just WEIRD. Traffic jams out of nowhere and when you get up to where it starts flowing, there isn't even an accident being rubbernecked.

I've often thought that maybe a helicopter would help make sense of the weird traffic jams, cause they are just plain weird. and the road construction :banghead: I've actually started driving up to New Braunfels and San Marcos if at all possible rather than going into SA, it's just plain miserable in some areas. And yes, the drivers are odd, but you have to understand, We have Selma and Schertz, where I live, where you will get a ticket for doing anything wrong, remember back in the 80's and 90's when the big thing on those news shows was speed traps and such? yeh, Selma was featured a few times. Once you get past these two spots, well, you're in SA but there are still so many little towns within the city that still want $. Plus, we have alot of military folks who simply follow the law, good guys that they are.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

gthaustex
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gthaustex »

Ahh...Selma and Schertz...brings back memories. I used to travel I-35 a lot between Austin and San Antonio in the mid-90s. We ALWAYS made sure we weren't speeding going through. There was always someone that didn't get the memo and was on the side of the road making a donation to the city coffers of whoever pulled them over.

Return to “Off-Topic”