I-45 On-Ramp (Gulf Fwy)

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Bullitt
Posts in topic: 15

I-45 On-Ramp (Gulf Fwy)

Post by Bullitt »

This was a couple of months ago. I-45 on-ramp (Gulf Fwy) at Clear Lake City Blvd, northbound during morning commute. A pickup truck and Lexus are jockeying for position to get to the on-ramp lane. They are two cars ahead of me. The pickup stops angled in front of the Lexus as part of this "fight" to see who can get on the freeway first, the Lexus is then forced to stop or otherwise hit the pickup. Pickup driver lowers his window and extends a pistol out his window with his left hand. The Lexus backs up as much as he can. Pickup speeds away on the feeder after showing the pistol, Lexus gets on the freeway.

SlickTX
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I-45 On-Ramp (Gulf Fwy)

Post by SlickTX »

That guy must really love his job if he must pull a gun on someone so that he can get to work faster. :shock: :shock:
[Insert pithy witicism here]

Proudly carrying since 09/10.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Welcome to Houston.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

One more reason I love my dash cam. Best car accessory EVER.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

csb
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Topic author
Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

bayouhazard wrote:One more reason I love my dash cam. Best car accessory EVER.
Which one do you have? I would like to get one too. Drivers are getting more audacious everyday. The speeder-weaver-tailgater is the animal I hate the most. These guys pass on the right and slalom through traffic putting everybody else at risk.

brainman
Posts in topic: 9

Post by brainman »

Bullitt wrote:Drivers are getting more audacious everyday. The speeder-weaver-tailgater is the animal I hate the most. These guys pass on the right and slalom through traffic putting everybody else at risk.

If you're getting passed on the right, then shouldn't you have moved over? It is illegal to impede traffic in the passing lane on the highway.

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

brainman wrote:
Bullitt wrote:Drivers are getting more audacious everyday. The speeder-weaver-tailgater is the animal I hate the most. These guys pass on the right and slalom through traffic putting everybody else at risk.

If you're getting passed on the right, then shouldn't you have moved over? It is illegal to impede traffic in the passing lane on the highway.

:confused5 ....If I'm already in the right lane and getting passed on the shoulder... NO. I've seen that several times on I35E around Lewisville and I35W north of Ft Worth. Also have people coming up a on-ramp, you've already made room for 5 or 6 to come on in front of you and the 7th goes up the shoulder giving you the finger then gets in front and slams on the brakes... :roll: That's a primary reason I quit driving professionally. There is very little courtesy remaining in drivers. It's no longer worth the aggravation and abuse.
N5PNZ

Topic author
Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

brainman wrote:

Thanks, I know how to drive.

If I'm going 80 on a 65 speed limit highway, and everybody else is also going 80, nobody should be trying to pass me on the right simply because he/she wants to go 100 mph. Weavers, speeders, and tailgaters do this here on a daily basis. They are out of control.

I have also been passed by the drivers who think the right shoulder is a passing lane. Usually 'cuz they are too lazy to get out of bed in time in the morning.

chuck j
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chuck j »

I live in Wichita Falls so it's not as bad here but compared to 10 years ago it's pretty bad at 'rush' hour . I thought passing on the shoulder was legal now . LOL

Tic Tac
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tic Tac »

Bullitt wrote:Thanks, I know how to drive.

If I'm going 80 on a 65 speed limit highway
ok then

brainman
Posts in topic: 9

Post by brainman »

Bullitt wrote:
brainman wrote:

If I'm going 80 on a 65 speed limit highway, and everybody else is also going 80, nobody should be trying to pass me on the right simply because he/she wants to go 100 mph. Weavers, speeders, and tailgaters do this here on a daily basis. They are out of control.

I have also been passed by the drivers who think the right shoulder is a passing lane. Usually 'cuz they are too lazy to get out of bed in time in the morning.
So you get to decide what level of breaking the law is acceptable? It's fine for you to go 80, but not them to go 100? I'm sorry, but if you're going 100 in the passing lane and someone's trying to get around you, then you're still impeding traffic in the passing lane. Move over and they won't be passing on your right (shoulder-driving idiots excepted). Two wrongs don't make a right.

probation_officer

Post by probation_officer »

Tic Tac wrote:
Bullitt wrote:Thanks, I know how to drive.

If I'm going 80 on a 65 speed limit highway
ok then
"rlol"

probation_officer

Post by probation_officer »

Bullitt wrote:
brainman wrote:

I obey the speed limit so would this apply too???

If I'm going 65 on a 65 speed limit highway, and everybody else is also going 65, nobody should be trying to pass me on the right simply because he/she wants to go 80 mph. Weavers, speeders, and tailgaters do this here on a daily basis. They are out of control.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

probation_officer wrote:
Bullitt wrote:
brainman wrote:

I obey the speed limit so would this apply too???

If I'm going 65 on a 65 speed limit highway, and everybody else is also going 65, nobody should be trying to pass me on the right simply because he/she wants to go 80 mph. Weavers, speeders, and tailgaters do this here on a daily basis. They are out of control.

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Off-Topic”