Off-Topic Forum has reopened

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Off-Topic Forum has reopened

Post by C-dub »

Take Down Sicko wrote:I know they make pepper sprays to use on humans, dogs even bears. Just wondering if they make one for ...annoying liberals...I seem to be surrounded by them.
There is such a thing that seems to drive them away. It's called the "truth."
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

That was pretty cool, Beavis...
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Take Down Sicko wrote:I know they make pepper sprays to use on humans, dogs even bears. Just wondering if they make one for ...annoying liberals...I seem to be surrounded by them.
Use the ones made for bears. They usually have greater range!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Enrage is right...the word "republican" throws them in a tail spin.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Liberals have "emotional incontinence"!

(I stole that from Tucker Carlson)

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:58 am The Off-Topic forum has reopened and hopefully it will stay open. The Political forum was recently limited to gun-related topics as had always been the rule, albeit unenforced. The highly emotional topics in that forum prompted more rule violations (and even some temporary Member bans) than all other forums combined, so the decision was made to enforce the gun-related limitation.

As soon as that was done, political topics/threads immediately appeared in the Off-Topic forum, in spite of a warning not to do so. This prompted the temporary closure of that forum. Now that the Off-Topic forum has reopened, we want everyone to be aware that any political threads or posts will be deleted and don't look for a PM explaining why -- this post explains the reason. Any Member who repeatedly violates this rule will find they can no longer post in the Off-Topic forum.

The TexasCHLforum.com has become more than just a discussion board for guns and many Members had requested the Off-Topic forum so the Forum could develop into more of an online community. We want to encourage discussion and quite candidly, I wish it has not become necessary to limit the political discussions that are gun-related. While we don't like limiting or prohibiting the discussion of any topics, we will do what is necessary to maintain the friendly community atmosphere we have enjoyed for almost nine years.

Chas.
The Off-Topic forum has again become, in my opinion, a place for political topics that are better left to other forums. I can get political discussions, insults and arguments in 99% of other gun forums.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

bblhd672 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:27 pm The Off-Topic forum has again become, in my opinion, a place for political topics that are better left to other forums. I can get political discussions, insults and arguments in 99% of other gun forums.
Have you tried skipping the discussions you don't like? It's not Pokemon and you don't have to read 'em all.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

I skip quite a few discussions of which I have no interest and a couple obstinate old trolls are on my ignore list. Works well for me.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

flechero

Post by flechero »

ninjabread wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Have you tried skipping the discussions you don't like? It's not Pokemon and you don't have to read 'em all.
Ahh... but then there is nothing to complain about! :lol:

strogg

Post by strogg »

If political discussions here are popular enough here that people think it will be good to keep around, may I suggest a dedicated general poli-sci subforum? I personally am not a fan of general political talk inside threads that are clearly nonpolitical. If we have a regular off-topic forum that is strictly enforced no politics while having a separate place for politics, I think it would make everyone happy. Those who don't wish to partake in heated debates over the man can ignore the subforum while being able to safely peruse the regular off-topic forum. And those who do like to debate in a level-headed manner can do so in the subforum after, say, 45 posts or something to keep out the trolls who just signed up. Whadya think?

apostate

Post by apostate »

strogg wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 pm If political discussions here are popular enough here that people think it will be good to keep around, may I suggest a dedicated general poli-sci subforum? I personally am not a fan of general political talk inside threads that are clearly nonpolitical. If we have a regular off-topic forum that is strictly enforced no politics while having a separate place for politics, I think it would make everyone happy. Those who don't wish to partake in heated debates over the man can ignore the subforum while being able to safely peruse the regular off-topic forum. And those who do like to debate in a level-headed manner can do so in the subforum after, say, 45 posts or something to keep out the trolls who just signed up. Whadya think?
How about two political subforums (subfora?) so those who don't wish to see opposing political views can ignore the X subforum while being able to safely peruse the Y political subforum. Or vice versa. I get them mixed up sometimes. ;-)

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Cuz you just can't have too many sub forums.

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

warnmar10 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:32 pm Cuz you just can't have too many sub forums.
Bro I prefer the dom forums.
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."
III

Return to “Off-Topic”