Kalashnikov dead

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Kalashnikov dead

Post by Beiruty »

Really? I will fire 21 rounds in his rifle, we will really miss him. His legacy would live.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

I just saw this here and found this thread before starting a new one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mik ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

A-R

Post by A-R »

Kalishnikov rifle: The second most influential invention of the 20th century after the A-bomb. And yes, I rank it ahead of the personal computer, iPhone, internet, etc. 13-year-old child soldiers in Africa have never heard of computers and internet, but they have used AKs to devastating effect to change the tide of nation states. Not to mention Soviet-bloc nations, terrorists, drug cartels, etc.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I just went to Kroger's to pick up some tamales. There was a bagger [about 17 years old] at the checkout counter who was saying something about wanting to go to a funeral. I thought it strange for him to say, since he seemed to be in a festive mood. The checkout clerk looked at him kind of strange and asked "what funeral". He replied "Kalishnikov", maybe they'll be giving out free AKs! I gave him a knowing nod and said "I don't think so."
Last edited by WildBill on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

jmra

Post by jmra »

WildBill wrote:I just went to Kroger's to pick up some tamales. There was a bagger [about 17 years ago] at the checkout counter who was saying something about wanting to go to a funeral. I thought it strange for him to say, since he seemed to be in a festive mood. The checkout clerk looked at him kind of strange and asked "what funeral". He replied "Kalishnikov", maybe they'll be giving out free AKs! I gave him a knowing nod and said "I don't think so."
You never know, it is Christmas.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

As the artist has died, does that mean his works increase in value a hundred fold?

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

MeMelYup wrote:As the artist has died, does that mean his works increase in value a hundred fold?
Only if it's an original and not a copy.
NRA Endowment Member

jmra

Post by jmra »

WildBill wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:As the artist has died, does that mean his works increase in value a hundred fold?
Only if it's an original and not a copy.
Would it bring more than a GZ original?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

"I wanted to design locomotives...but they would have all looked like AK-47's."
Kalashnikov

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

He designed his rifle like a tank. What did you expect? He was a tanker!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/12/mikha ... ikov-dead/
Dead AK-47 Inventor To Be Buried In Mud For A Week, Cleaned Off, Then Put Back To Work
MOSCOW — Russia has announced funeral arrangements for Lt. Gen. Mikhail T. Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47 assault rifle.

“Comrade Kalashnikov will be buried in a pit of mud with full military honors,” said General-Major Saiga Molot, a spokesman for the Russian army. “After a week, we will exhume his body, clean it off, and put him back to work. We expect that there shall be no issue with his functions.”

Kalashnikov died of complications from a liver transplant operation. The liver Kalashnikov received was allegedly Romanian, but turned out to be a substandard Albanian version.

“It was a successful substitution, but it made him inaccurate and prone to blockage,” said his son, Victor.
Given his invention's record, this seemed like a lighthearted way to pay tribute to the man.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”