My son's birthday

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jaguar
Posts in topic: 3

My son's birthday

Post by Jaguar »

Today my son turns 23, and to celebrated the occasion I am gifting him my RIA 1911 in 9mm. He doesn't have his CHL yet, but plans to get it in the near future so I figured he needs a good pistol to get started. I have mixed feelings about giving up my gun, but it will be going to a good home. He can't have my Khat though, I do have my limits. :mrgreen:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

DocV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My son's birthday

Post by DocV »

Congrats on the son's birthday! I am certain he will treasure your old 1911.

Topic author
Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

He was not expecting it, and was surprised and delighted. Made my day, maybe his too. :anamatedbanana
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jaguar wrote:Today my son turns 23, and to celebrated the occasion I am gifting him my RIA 1911 in 9mm. He doesn't have his CHL yet, but plans to get it in the near future so I figured he needs a good pistol to get started. I have mixed feelings about giving up my gun, but it will be going to a good home. He can't have my Khat though, I do have my limits. :mrgreen:
You are addicted to chewing a plant which contains a monoamine alkaloid called cathinone, an amphetamine-like stimulant, which is said to cause excitement, loss of appetite and euphoria? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khat) :mrgreen:

Or, did you mean Kahr, the firearm? "rlol" (....which I totally understand, as I'm not giving up my Kahr either.....)

Happy birthday to your son.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Jaguar wrote:Today my son turns 23, and to celebrated the occasion I am gifting him my RIA 1911 in 9mm. He doesn't have his CHL yet, but plans to get it in the near future so I figured he needs a good pistol to get started. I have mixed feelings about giving up my gun, but it will be going to a good home. He can't have my Khat though, I do have my limits. :mrgreen:
You are addicted to chewing a plant which contains a monoamine alkaloid called cathinone, an amphetamine-like stimulant, which is said to cause excitement, loss of appetite and euphoria? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khat) :mrgreen:

Or, did you mean Kahr, the firearm? "rlol" (....which I totally understand, as I'm not giving up my Kahr either.....)

Happy birthday to your son.
No, no, I mean the Khat. Got hooked on it during a safari when I took a rhino horn to the face. Do you know how hard it is to find good Khat in the US, all the good growers are too busy with common weeds. And yeah, he can't have my Kahr either.

Did I mention I got a tablet for Christmas, them things are hard to type on. :biggrinjester:

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Happy belated birthday to your son! He made out like a bandit. Hope he gets his chl soon! :thumbs2:
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Return to “Off-Topic”