Top-secret court renews NSA snooping at critical point

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tomtexan
Posts in topic: 1

Top-secret court renews NSA snooping at critical point

Post by tomtexan »

The top-secret federal court that oversees government surveillance on Friday reauthorized the National Security Agency's program that collects data on nearly every phone call in the United States.

The three-month renewal by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court is the first since two conflicting court opinions last month on the legality of the program.

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/top-secret- ... critical-p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Top-secret court renews NSA snooping at critical point

Post by K.Mooneyham »

This is the exact sort of thing that I just hate reading. While I'm not naive, and I understand the necessity of espionage, I firmly believe it should be focused on specific enemies. This blanket spying on any and everyone is absolutely disgusting and, IMHO, a waste of resources. There are enough real deal bad guys out there, the intelligence community should marshal their efforts against those specific folks.

Return to “Off-Topic”