open carry

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
liberty2014
Posts in topic: 1

open carry

Post by liberty2014 »

I have a chl and a good amount of semi automatic rifles. I gun related tattoos and my friends call me a gun nut. Today i looked at the open carry texas group page on facebook and was disgusted I honestly dont know how cj is not a mental institution. If these guys think open carrying an ar15 in a mall will bring open carry pistol laws they are out of their (small) mind. If there ever was a pro gun group that could encourage anti gun laws its open carry texas and any idiot that seeks LEO attention by walking through wal mart with an ar.

jmra

Re: open carry

Post by jmra »

I sure can't argue with any of that. I think these guys are more concerned about their 15 minutes of fame than they are about effecting real change in law.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

G.A. Heath

Re: open carry

Post by G.A. Heath »

I have followed the OC movement for the last few legislative sessions, and I interviewed CJ Grisham for the ProGun Podcast.

Now the OC movement (CATI division) is choosing a small town one county over from where I live and work to have issues with. On Nov. 30th, 2013 one of their guys who is a resident of that town was arrested for OCing a long gun. They held a rally/walk/march nearly a month later and were shutdown (Granted the basis for it was questionable). They then started working with the local government (Police Chief) in order to have a rally/walk/march that would not face the same issue. So this week one of their members is walking the route with a long gun OCed checking it out for the rally/walk/march planned for today when he was arrested for OCing a long gun. So today the rally/walk/march could prove interesting and I plan to go in order to get some interviews to see how this one plays out.

Now The episode before CJ Grisham was interviewed on the podcast we had Charles Cotton on, and I will admit that I tend to agree with the gentleman who has been doing this stuff longer than we have had a CHL program, has a Law Degree, Provides TSRA support, sits on the board of the NRA, and in general should be considered an expert by every one on getting gun rights legislation passed in Texas.

I do not think the individuals walking down the street OCing a long gun are really doing us any good politically. Same goes for most of the rally/walk/marches as well. When the next legislative session starts we will see the opposition going to the swing votes in the legislature pointing out "X number of people have been arrested for intentionally carrying a firearm in a manner calculated to cause alarm while OCing long guns which is perfectly legal now, imagine how bad it will be if this handgun OC bill passes how much panic they will try to cause." Things need to be done far more carefully on the political side now than before in order to get OC passed.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Return to “Off-Topic”