going on a cruise. thoughts?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 1

Re: going on a cruise. thoughts?

Post by PUCKER »

Wife and I LOVE to go on cruises!! Our favorite was a 15-nighter from Barcelona, Spain, to Galveston, TX. It was a WONDERFUL trip, loved crossing the Atlantic too! We made lifelong friends from that cruise, a couple from Sweden and another couple from Germany. Traveling is one of the best gifts there is! :tiphat:

Robert*PPS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Robert*PPS »

philip964 wrote:
Robert*PPS wrote:My wife and I did the two-week cruise to Alaska last May on Princess. It was a blast! We sailed out of San Francisco, up the west coast, Alaska , Canada and back. I can't wait to go on another one. The seas got real rough for a couple of days, but we took Dramamine and were totally fine. Other people with the patches didn't seem to fare as well.
Sailing under the Golden Gate bridge, to me was, a great experience. A lot of great history has done that. Plus stopping at Vancouver as a port of call is a real plus.
:iagree: I took ALOT of pictures going under the golden gate bridge. It was awesome!

baron
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by baron »

If you're visiting San Francisco, you can take a bay cruise that passes under the Golden Gate Bridge and circles Alcatraz Island. Touristy but we enjoyed it.

Has anybody mentioned this today? http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/29/travel/ro ... n-illness/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WildBill
Posts in topic: 5

Post by WildBill »

baron wrote:If you're visiting San Francisco, you can take a bay cruise that passes under the Golden Gate Bridge and circles Alcatraz Island. Touristy but we enjoyed it.

Has anybody mentioned this today? http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/29/travel/ro ... n-illness/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:thumbs2: This is good for a half day cruise. Alcatraz has an interesting history. There are also tours of Alcatraz.
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Oldgringo »

WildBill wrote:
baron wrote:If you're visiting San Francisco, you can take a bay cruise that passes under the Golden Gate Bridge and circles Alcatraz Island. Touristy but we enjoyed it.
:thumbs2: This is good for a half day cruise. Alcatraz has an interesting history. There are also tours of Alcatraz.
My wife, two sons and my mother and father, did that in about 1970. Alcatraz was occupied by the AIM people at that time and not open for tours. Three of the loved ones in our group have gone on to the great beyond. *sigh*.

Return to “Off-Topic”