Daughter joined the US NAVY today

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
texanjoker

Daughter joined the US NAVY today

Post by texanjoker »

This is my 2nd oldest. She has offers to play soccer in college but she is following the Navy family tradition (all but me.) It was a LONG day. We talked a lot while she was at MEPS via the phone, she wasn't going to be put into some bogus job! She actually told them no for a bit and was done. At one point I had my buddy, Senior Chief retired USN :patriot: , on a phone call while she was talking to the counselor who was signing her up :thumbs2: She ultimately got what she wanted. She had good scores and they were trying to fill spots which was not on our list.

I did get annoyed that I had 2 hours notice to be in San Antonio at the base for the swearing in ceremony since it's a long drive. Her recruiter didn't tell us about this option. She wanted me there so I made it work. I did NOT break any speed laws getting to San Antonio :coolgleamA:

When they were getting ready for the oath, somebody took some photos and got in trouble about privacy laws and this or that. After the recruits had changed rooms, I had to talk to the lady and let her know I didn't like the NSA listening to my phone calls and reading my emails.. She agreed and we all got a good laugh. :anamatedbanana

Gotta p/u a beretta 92 for her to practice with to get a ribbon in basic. :thumbs2:

GO NAVY! :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Daughter joined the US NAVY today

Post by C-dub »

:cheers2: Congratulations!

They let them shoot enough to get a ribbon for shooting in basic now? When I went through Navy boot in '83 I barely touched a gun long enough to get fingerprints on it.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Congratulations! Please, Thank your daughter for her service!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

puma guy wrote:Congratulations! Please, Thank your daughter for her service!
What Puma Guy said!!!

Topic author
texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

C-dub wrote::cheers2: Congratulations!

They let them shoot enough to get a ribbon for shooting in basic now? When I went through Navy boot in '83 I barely touched a gun long enough to get fingerprints on it.
Good point I don't know. She can already shoot. Good excuse to buy a gun I don't want or need :fire

RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

Congrats on your daughter joining today...... 92F's is a good gun to shoot, I only got to shoot them for a couple of years while I was in, shot .45's all the other years.... guess its good they changed boot camp around, when i went through in 77 shot a .22 configured as a M14

congrats again..... thanks to all in your family for their service

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

:tiphat:

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Anchors Aweigh.... :tiphat:

Good luck and God Bless.....to all of you!

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Fair winds and following seas!
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

Congratulations and thanks to both you and your daughter!
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Good for your daughter. I hope she got a good job, something she'll enjoy and make a difference doing. Congratulations.

:patriot:

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Congratulations to both you and your daughter!

And great job holding out for what's good for your daughter instead of what's good for the recruiter's quota.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Let me add my congrats! I truly believe if it was mandatory for all 18 years to do at least 2 years in the military, we would have a better country than we currently have. I'm sure your one pround papa right now. :patriot:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Return to “Off-Topic”