50 Safest Texas cities with more than 20,000 folks.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

50 Safest Texas cities with more than 20,000 folks.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

http://www.safewise.com/blog/safewise-5 ... ies-texas/

The above link contains a list of the 50 safest cities in Texas, which have a population of at least 20,000.

There is also a paragraph or two describing the town.

I was surprised to see Del Rio and El Paso in there. I though their locations on the border would be more troublesome.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 50 Safest Texas cities with more than 20,000 folks.

Post by chasfm11 »

What is interesting about the list is that a city - Lewisville - is ringed by cities that made the list - Corinth, Little Elm, Carrollton, Flower Mound but it didn't. One has to wonder, given the irregular boundaries involved, how that is possible. Perhaps the message it that it only takes one small area of a city to make the rest of it unsafe.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

txcharvel

Post by txcharvel »

I travel to El Paso quite a bit for business, love that town. At one point a few years ago it was statistically the safest city for crime per capita in the nation. I love pointing that out when people tell me they think El Paso is dangerous just because it's on the border.

Granted, you do see an occasional bullet fly across from down South (seriously) but that crime originated somewhere else :txflag:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

What is it about the name "The Colony" that always invokes images of Jim Jones? :shock: :mrgreen:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

txcharvel wrote:I travel to El Paso quite a bit for business, love that town. At one point a few years ago it was statistically the safest city for crime per capita in the nation. I love pointing that out when people tell me they think El Paso is dangerous just because it's on the border.

Granted, you do see an occasional bullet fly across from down South (seriously) but that crime originated somewhere else :txflag:
What it says is that we CAN control the border and any problems on the other side of it - when we want to.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “Off-Topic”