Nontraditional entrance by a bride

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Nontraditional entrance by a bride

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I guess it's a sign of my age, but I tend to prefer traditional wedding ceremonies. However, I have to admit that this girl flat stole the show.

Chas.

[youtube][/youtube]

jimlongley

Re: Nontraditional entrance by a bride

Post by jimlongley »

WOW!

When my wife and I got married, I avoided the provided microphone, which the minister told me I would need, and recited my vows directly to the church. Everyone heard me just fine.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

How interesting. When Mrs. Oldgringo and I got married, she met my incoming plane, we said our howdies and got in our respective vehicles and went to the courthouse, paid the fee, went upstairs and exchanged vows. That done, we got in our respective vehicles and went home. IIRC, I stopped along the way and picked up some smoked mullet and boiled shrimp for supper.

That was 30 years ago in Pensacola, FL. Martha is more than my wife, she is my nursemaid, traveling companion and best friend as well. I love her more each day.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Lucky guy.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jmra

Post by jmra »

Oldgringo wrote:How interesting. When Mrs. Oldgringo and I got married, she met my incoming plane, we said our howdies and got in our respective vehicles and went to the courthouse, paid the fee, went upstairs and exchanged vows. That done, we got in our respective vehicles and went home. IIRC, I stopped along the way and picked up some smoked mullet and boiled shrimp for supper.

That was 30 years ago in Pensacola, FL. Martha is more than my wife, she is my nursemaid, traveling companion and best friend as well. I love her more each day.
How's her foot?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

jmra wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:How interesting. When Mrs. Oldgringo and I got married, she met my incoming plane, we said our howdies and got in our respective vehicles and went to the courthouse, paid the fee, went upstairs and exchanged vows. That done, we got in our respective vehicles and went home. IIRC, I stopped along the way and picked up some smoked mullet and boiled shrimp for supper.

How's her foot?
Thank you for asking. She got a 'boot' a couple weeks ago and is getting around pretty good.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Oldgringo wrote:
jmra wrote:

How's her foot?
Thank you for asking. She got a 'boot' a couple weeks ago and is getting around pretty good.
Good. Glad to hear she's back on her feet.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I guess it's a sign of my age, but I tend to prefer traditional wedding ceremonies. However, I have to admit that this girl flat stole the show.

Chas.
:iagree: What a beautiful voice she has.
NRA Endowment Member

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

my wedding was real easy, go to the JP's office say I do and leave for basic training the next day :woohoo

but I did the big affair on my 30th anniversary

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

I don't know how he wasn't a blubbering idiot after that. I am known for being stoic and non-reactive and yet when I looked back on our wedding tape I was shakily and quietly going through my vows whilst my wife was loud and clear. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, I married way above my pay grade.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Return to “Off-Topic”