In the Doghouse

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
AlaskanInTexas
Posts in topic: 1

In the Doghouse

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

So earlier this week I bought a bunch of once-fired casings from an outfit in California. The name they use on the credit card charge has nothing to do with guns. My wife saw said charges and emailed me to ask what they were for. I was evasive (as I am WAY over budget on firearm stuff this month). She interpreted my evasiveness to mean that it was a surprise Valentine's Day gift. Needless to say, there was a fair amount of disappointment this morning.

TheCytochromeC

Re: In the Doghouse

Post by TheCytochromeC »

AlaskanInTexas wrote:So earlier this week I bought a bunch of once-fired casings from an outfit in California. The name they use on the credit card charge has nothing to do with guns. My wife saw said charges and emailed me to ask what they were for. I was evasive (as I am WAY over budget on firearm stuff this month). She interpreted my evasiveness to mean that it was a surprise Valentine's Day gift. Needless to say, there was a fair amount of disappointment this morning.
You'll never guess what I got you... because I didn't get you anything

:smilelol5:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

go shopping.....quick!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

rotor

Post by rotor »

AlaskanInTexas wrote:So earlier this week I bought a bunch of once-fired casings from an outfit in California. The name they use on the credit card charge has nothing to do with guns. My wife saw said charges and emailed me to ask what they were for. I was evasive (as I am WAY over budget on firearm stuff this month). She interpreted my evasiveness to mean that it was a surprise Valentine's Day gift. Needless to say, there was a fair amount of disappointment this morning.
I had the same thing once. They name used on my credit card was "Hooters" which really had my wife's attention.

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

You will need to come up with something special as a surprise for this evening.

I had something similar like that happen to me on my wedding night, when my wife surprised me with a brand new Fender American Deluxe Telecaster. I only had matching camo monogramed robes as her present. I quickly scribbled "This coupon good for one couple's massage and dinner on the beach." on a post-it note and slid it in the pocket of the robe. I called the resort where we were headed for the honeymoon and quietly made the arrangements. To this day, I haven't told her.

Sometimes the greatest feats of American ingenuity come from last minute efforts to trick the wife into thinking we had a good plan all along.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

You might do well to start with a dozen red roses, a romantic card, and a really nice dinner tonight.

That combination has been known to make wives forget sins greater than yours.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

The day is still young. You have time to recover. Best wishes.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jimlongley »

A bunch of years ago my son was attending Ithaca College and my wife and I drove there to see him regularly. Sometimes we would stop at a little country cafe on Danby Rd, south of Ithaca for breakfast or brunch. One time instead of paying cash I used my credit card (remember those days?), and then a couple of days later I was sent to NY City for my job, and when the restaurant charge hit it looked like I had charged something in NY City, at a place called "Honey Buns." Even I had trouble figuring it out until I called the credit union and they told me that the charge date and submission date were different, and that the place was near Ithaca.

My wife, after having given me such a ration of flack, paid for our meal the next time we went there, and put it on her card.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

karder

Post by karder »

All is not lost. Surprise and pamper her this evening. If not, then yes, all is lost. Besides, your wife can't be mad about your purchase if you get her something really nice.
My wife is the only woman I have ever met who does not care about Valentine's Day. I always surprise her with something though, as I am still afraid that she is testing me after all these years! I can't take the chance, besides, she deserves it! :thumbs2:
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Excaliber wrote:
You might do well to start with a dozen red roses, a romantic card, and a really nice dinner tonight.

That combination has been known to make wives forget sins greater than yours.
Chocolates and flowers at work has saved my hide a time or two.

Stories like this makes me glad my wife and I are open with each other about things like firearm purchases and the like. Helps keep me out of the fire.
Psalm 91:2

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

V Day is a bogus 'holiday'.

I love to buy presents or do something nice just because, at any time of year.

Otherwise, you're being forced by retailers to spend money when THEY want.

I prefer doing so when I want...

Plus, one of my favorite things to do is to give a twenty to guys selling newspapers at intersections. They're not begging - they aren't asking for a handout. They inhale a ton of carbon monoxide and it's got to be a miserable, low paying job. The look of joy when I give em a twenty for a paper is a present to me.

jmra

Post by jmra »

I fixed the whole dog house issue a long time ago...I built a really nice dog house.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

[youtube][/youtube]

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Dear, I bought you these lovely once fired casings for Valentines day. :)
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Off-Topic”