You deserve a (permanent) break today from McDonalds

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

You deserve a (permanent) break today from McDonalds

Post by puma guy »

A McDonalds employee was given a break, permanent style, i.e. fired because she and her co-workers paid for food for firefighter's after her request for McDonalds to donate it was turned down. The franchise owner Tom Meyers states it would be inappropriate for any detailed comment, but then states Levia's "allegations are absolutely not true." I guess he doesn't consider that a detail :lol:

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2014/02/19 ... =webmail12
http://wivb.com/2014/02/18/mcdonalds-wo ... -donation/
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

jbarn
Posts in topic: 2

Re: You deserve a (permanent) break today from McDonalds

Post by jbarn »

I heard this report a day or two ago, and I didn't believe then that she was fired for that. I heard a report on the news this morning that she was fired for cussing at a manager when her request was denied. :grumble
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Wait, is getting fired from McDonalds a bad thing?

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

I have been with the olean mcdonalds for almost eight years...

What a career ending move on her part. She only had 12 years until retirement kicked in.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

jbarn wrote:I heard this report a day or two ago, and I didn't believe then that she was fired for that. I heard a report on the news this morning that she was fired for cussing at a manager when her request was denied. :grumble
It's in the link, she admitted making a comment to an office worker "freaking ridiculous" addressed to no one in particular. Whether that's an offense worthy of termination if true isn't my call. The management also said the employees were compensated for their out of pocket expenditures, but she flatly denies that is true. IMHO if she was a good employee for 8 years with a position of some authority at McDonalds (I guess that oxymoronic) :lol: and all she said was freakin' ridiculous termination is a little drastic. Also IMHO it's incongruent that she curse out some one yet spend almost $100 of her hard earned money to buy food for the FD.
It's not too far beyond the pale to believe management would exaggerate her language to defend their actions. Maybe when the owner releases some of the more of details he says he can't release we'll know more. I have a feeling the young lady will find someone sympathetic to her situation and hopefully provide her employment.

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

According to what I've read, it doesn't change my opinion on McDonald's at all. I still very rarely eat there because their food is terrible (but sometimes it's close and I don't have many other options).
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

jbarn

Post by jbarn »

puma guy wrote:
jbarn wrote:I heard this report a day or two ago, and I didn't believe then that she was fired for that. I heard a report on the news this morning that she was fired for cussing at a manager when her request was denied. :grumble
It's in the link, she admitted making a comment to an office worker "freaking ridiculous" addressed to no one in particular. Whether that's an offense worthy of termination if true isn't my call. The management also said the employees were compensated for their out of pocket expenditures, but she flatly denies that is true. IMHO if she was a good employee for 8 years with a position of some authority at McDonalds (I guess that oxymoronic) :lol: and all she said was freakin' ridiculous termination is a little drastic. Also IMHO it's incongruent that she curse out some one yet spend almost $100 of her hard earned money to buy food for the FD.
It's not too far beyond the pale to believe management would exaggerate her language to defend their actions. Maybe when the owner releases some of the more of details he says he can't release we'll know more. I have a feeling the young lady will find someone sympathetic to her situation and hopefully provide her employment.
I have been a police officer and, more importantly, a private investigator for 15 years. I have specific training in and experience in interviewing people in workplace misconduct (are you impressed? :anamatedbanana :mrgreen: ) If she publicly admits to "freaking ridiculous" then in my experience, I would bet she said more.

Did she cuss at a manager, I don't know. People lie all of the time. She could be lying, or management could be. However, companies tend to be very careful with terminations. Progressive discipline is the "word of the day". I have not talked to anyone involved, but I strongly suspect she was not fired for saying what she alleges she said.

Now, that an a buck fifty will buy you a cup of coffee. :tiphat:
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

MadMonkey wrote:According to what I've read, it doesn't change my opinion on McDonald's at all. I still very rarely eat there because their food is terrible (but sometimes it's close and I don't have many other options).
I agree, she could have done the FD a favor by sending them somewhere else, but there probably aren't a lot of choices at 3AM. It does say something about Tom Meyers the franchise owner and the McDonald's corporation's greed in not donating food after the Salvation Army requested it.

Dori

Post by Dori »

steveincowtown wrote:
I have been with the olean mcdonalds for almost eight years...

What a career ending move on her part. She only had 12 years until retirement kicked in.
:smilelol5:

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Often people joke about McDonalds. They are one of the largest and most successful fast food companies in modern history.
NRA Endowment Member

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

puma guy wrote:It does say something about Tom Meyers the franchise owner and the McDonald's corporation's greed in not donating food after the Salvation Army requested it.
Well, to be fair, I wouldn't donate to the Salvation Army if they requested it either. It's easy to ask someone to give you something for free then call them a jerk when they refuse.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

She was a trouble maker and deserved to be fired. It was actually no question the manager had to fire her. Like posted earlier, it is real darned easy to give away something you don't own. Then to start trouble with co workers because she did not get to play hero with someone else's money is a sorry excuse for an employee. As a matter of fact, I just fired a guy two weeks ago for running his mouth about co workers while on the job. Last thing any organization needs is a self entitled trouble maker. :tiphat:

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I get an large ice tea in a foam cup every morning for $1.08 at the McDonalds drive thru.

Employees are very nice and the foam cup helps the ice last till lunch.

nyj

Post by nyj »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:Wait, is getting fired from McDonalds a bad thing?
Yes. Just gives them another reason to steal money from the government.

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

nyj wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:Wait, is getting fired from McDonalds a bad thing?
Yes. Just gives them another reason to steal money from the government.

Government has no money. They are stealing from you and I.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “Off-Topic”