Charlton Heston on new Postage Stamp

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Charlton Heston on new Postage Stamp

Post by WildBill »

The United States Postal Service has announced that former NRA President Charlton Heston will be honored with his own stamp. The stamp is part of their “Legends of Hollywood” series, and while the specific issue date has not yet been determined, it will be issued sometime in 2014.

Heston was a five term president of the National Rifle Association from 1998 to 2003. He was a tireless advocate for Second Amendment rights and will always be remembered by the NRA faithful for his “cold, dead hands” speech delivered at the 2000 NRA Annual Meeting in Charlotte, North Carolina.

The speech was directed to then presidential candidate Al Gore.

I liked this line from the article: The stamp, much like the intent of the Second Amendment, will be a Forever Stamp issued in sheets of 20.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/22/forme ... z2uAQjdRZZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/22/forme ... ice-stamp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member

puma guy

Re: Charlton Heston on new Postage Stamp

Post by puma guy »

WildBill wrote:The United States Postal Service has announced that former NRA President Charlton Heston will be honored with his own stamp. The stamp is part of their “Legends of Hollywood” series, and while the specific issue date has not yet been determined, it will be issued sometime in 2014.

Heston was a five term president of the National Rifle Association from 1998 to 2003. He was a tireless advocate for Second Amendment rights and will always be remembered by the NRA faithful for his “cold, dead hands” speech delivered at the 2000 NRA Annual Meeting in Charlotte, North Carolina.

I liked this line from the article: The stamp, much like the intent of the Second Amendment, will be a Forever Stamp issued in sheets of 20.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/22/forme ... z2uAQjdRZZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/22/forme ... ice-stamp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Heston gets yet another poke at Al Gore since he invented the stamp :biggrinjester:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

puma guy wrote:
WildBill wrote:The United States Postal Service has announced that former NRA President Charlton Heston will be honored with his own stamp. The stamp is part of their “Legends of Hollywood” series, and while the specific issue date has not yet been determined, it will be issued sometime in 2014.

Heston gets yet another poke at Al Gore since he invented the stamp :biggrinjester:
:thumbs2: Good one!
NRA Endowment Member

gringo pistolero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gringo pistolero »

I thought the Al-ternet made postage stamps obsolete.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I am anxious to see what the stamp will look like.

I will most likely buy several sheets and probably frame one sheet to hang on my wall.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Pawpaw wrote:I am anxious to see what the stamp will look like.

I will most likely buy several sheets and probably frame one sheet to hang on my wall.
Back when I bought a bunch of Ronald Reagan stamps, I wish I had framed a sheet.

Now they are all gone.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

OldGrumpy

Post by OldGrumpy »

My guess is that the stamp will feature his movie roles and not his NRA role.
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

OldGrumpy wrote:My guess is that the stamp will feature his movie roles and not his NRA role.
No doubt you're right about that. This administration would allow a stamp honoring ACORN, before allowing one honoring the NRA.

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

puma guy wrote:
OldGrumpy wrote:My guess is that the stamp will feature his movie roles and not his NRA role.
No doubt you're right about that. This administration would allow a stamp honoring ACORN, before allowing one honoring the NRA.
The original announcement stated that the stamp would be part of the "Legends of Hollywood" stamps.
NRA Endowment Member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Found this on USPS site. Coming out April 2014; I'm going buy a plate block and also try to get first day issue. I don't know if USPS would allow it but it would make a great cover for the April editions of American Rifleman and American Hunter magazines. :thumbs2:

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

I wonder if USPS would reject mail if you draw an NRA cap on him. Or a rifle over his shoulder.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Return to “Off-Topic”