"Gunfighterology"

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

"Gunfighterology"

Post by KC5AV »

http://www.news-journal.com/news/local/ ... 25aad.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If there are any history buffs in the East Texas area, this might be a fun presentation to sit in on.
{Bill} O’Neal will be the featured speaker and will give the public a lesson on “Gunfighterology” at 6:30 p.m. March 20 at The University of Texas at Tyler Longview University Center.

“What I’ll do is explain the evolution of six-guns and gun rigs,” he said. “I’ll have all kinds of six-guns to show as well as holsters.”

During the presentation, O’Neal said he will take people back to the frontier days and touch on gunfighters and shoot-outs that took place from 1850-1900— including the infamous 1894 bank robbery in Longview by The Dalton Gang.
Of course, looking at the first photo that came up at the link, I can't help but want to remind him about the 4 rules of gun safety, and tell him to get his fingers off those triggers.
NRA lifetime member

threoh8

Re: "Gunfighterology"

Post by threoh8 »

The title reminded me of Eugene Cunningham's book, "Triggernometry - A Gallery of Gunfighters".
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

http://www.texasescapes.com/AllThingsHi ... gBB502.htm

The above link details the May 1894 bank robbery in Longview, Texas.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

I like this quote:
“There’s nothing as dramatic as life and death conflict. And when you put that in an Old West setting, something just clicks.”
My first thought was, "Yeah, the chamber coming into battery."
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Return to “Off-Topic”