The Primaries

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Primaries

Post by Jaguar »

gringo pistolero wrote:The only real advantage of POTS these days is a better chance of working in a disaster than VOIP or a mobile phone.
I finally dropped my POTS a couple years ago. It was so squirrel chewed that if it rained 1/10 of an inch it was practically useless. Called Ma Bell a few times and they would come out and say they fixed it, until it rained again.

I have not had any candidates call my cell phone, but the heavy card stock mailers are getting irritating. I voted early, mostly because I’m friends with the county clerk and she has 4 challengers, but I also wanted to give Patterson my vote.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

mojo84 wrote:I haven't answered my home phone in over two years. If anyone that I want to talk to calls me, they reach me on my smartphone.
We don't have a landline any more. Its awesome.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

mojo84 wrote:It's kind of like giving up the old security blanket isn't it?
Well if you want the security without the hassle:
1. don't turn the voicemail for the landline on.
2. tun the ringer off.

That way any calls made by you will be outbound calls. :thumbs2:

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

Oldgringo wrote:It'll be over in five days and we, as good citizens, should remove all of the illegally posted signs on state road right-of-ways. It is our civic duty, Yes!
I'm not picking them up. The same campaign workers that put the signs up should be out there taking them down.

I agree that the eyesores need to be removed pronto.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Off-Topic”