Daylight Savings Time

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Daylight Savings Time

Post by Oldgringo »

Our preacher announced that we need to get up an hour earlier next Sunday or we'd miss his sermon. Is it so, DST starts next Sunday already? Sheez! :banghead:

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Daylight Savings Time

Post by mamabearCali »

Why do we do this to ourselves twice a year? The sun comes up the sun goes down, why do we always have to fiddle with the clock? What great catastrophe are we averting by making everyone late twice a year?
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Topic author
Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

mamabearCali wrote:Why do we do this to ourselves twice a year? The sun comes up the sun goes down, why do we always have to fiddle with the clock? What great catastrophe are we averting by making everyone late twice a year?
Actually, I think it's late once and early once; otherwise, I agree with you. The chickens and the cows don't know the difference. The blanket is the same length.

I remember the startled and blank look on a young mother's face as she entered the church one Spring Sunday, several years ago, she was coming up the steps.......as the rest of us were leaving. :smilelol5:
Last edited by Oldgringo on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

I can't wait to come home and actually have some daylight to do something after work! LEAVE IT ALONE THEN!
Right now I am pretty much going to work in the dark and coming home to the dark within just a short time. I can't like it! I need my daylight!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

Topic author
Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Will be headed back up north in about six weeks to 48° North on Flathead Lake in Montana where it stays light until about 2200 hours....if it's not snowing or something. :mrgreen:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

It helps give all of us farmers time to tend to the crops and animals. I say put it on DST and leave it.
Last edited by mojo84 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

apostate

Post by apostate »

I propose giving up DST for Lent.

Topic author
Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

mojo84 wrote:It helps give all of us farmers time to tend to the crops and animals. I say put it on DST and leave it.
When told the reason for daylight savings time the Old Indian said, "Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Yep
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jmra

Post by jmra »

apostate wrote:I propose giving up DST for Lent.
:iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jsk

Post by jsk »

mojo84 wrote:It helps give all of us farmers time to tend to the crops and animals. I say put it on DST and leave it.

Standard Time sucks. While I understand people not liking the spring/fall time change, I can't imagine why anyone would prefer standard time to daylight savings. My vote is for year-round DST.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Now we just need the warm weather to stay

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

The government has to get into every aspect of our lives. DST needs to go away forever.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Divided Attention wrote:I can't wait to come home and actually have some daylight to do something after work! LEAVE IT ALONE THEN!
Right now I am pretty much going to work in the dark and coming home to the dark within just a short time. I can't like it! I need my daylight!

I'm with you.

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

jsk wrote:

Standard Time sucks. While I understand people not liking the spring/fall time change, I can't imagine why anyone would prefer standard time to daylight savings. My vote is for year-round DST.
:iagree: Yup.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Return to “Off-Topic”