We are doomed when a cat can hold a family hostage.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 3

Re: We are doomed when a cat can hold a family hostage.

Post by Dragonfighter »

jmra wrote: I would introduce that 22 lb cat to a .22LR.
.22 short makes less noise, ask me how I know. Better yet, don't.

We have cats, we love cats but ANY animal that injures my family is likely to meet its maker. We had an old female arthritic from being run over years earlier and was kind of grumpy. One time my young daughter surprised her when she came up to pet her and the cat scratched her arm. I said that the cat was going to die and my daughter begged for a reprieve. I relented and said if anything even came close to happening again there would be no more chances. My daughter had a talk with the cat. I know, it sounds weird but after the "talk" the cat was the most affectionate she had ever been and very lovey to me. It's like she knew how close she came to dying.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Oldgringo »

Dragonfighter wrote:
jmra wrote: I would introduce that 22 lb cat to a .22LR.
.22 short makes less noise, ask me how I know. Better yet, don't.

We have cats, we love cats but ANY animal that injures my family is likely to meet its maker. We had an old female arthritic from being run over years earlier and was kind of grumpy. One time my young daughter surprised her when she came up to pet her and the cat scratched her arm. I said that the cat was going to die and my daughter begged for a reprieve. I relented and said if anything even came close to happening again there would be no more chances. My daughter had a talk with the cat. I know, it sounds weird but after the "talk" the cat was the most affectionate she had ever been and very lovey to me. It's like she knew how close she came to dying.
You reckon that maybe both the cat and the daughter learned something from that encounter?

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

Oldgringo wrote: You reckon that maybe both the cat and the daughter learned something from that encounter?
I'd reckon so.
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

The family has now put the cat in a shelter and has 24 hours to decide if they want to keep it. After 24 hours the cat will be put up for adoption and go to a home with no children. http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/25004525/ ... in-shelter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

G26ster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G26ster »

Adam and Eve said, ‘Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you anymore. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us.’

Then, God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves.’

Therefore, God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve. Moreover, it was a good animal and God was pleased. And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, ‘Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a good name for this new animal.’

And God said, ‘I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you; his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG.’

Dog lived with Adam and Eve. He was a companion to them and loved them. And they were comforted. And God was pleased. And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a very short time, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and reported, ‘Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks. Moreover, they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well.’

And God said, I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations. Therefore, they will know they are not always worthy of adoration.’

So God, in His great eternal wisdom, created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

It came to pass that Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat’s eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility.
And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased.
And Dog was happy.

And Cat, well, he didn’t give a flip one way or the other.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Abraham wrote:Cats are wonderful creatures.

We have two that I love dearly.

One is a Manx who loves water so much that when I head into the shower he joins me.

All our cats have been rescued primarily by me.
It seems we've found a 22 pounder you can have.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

jmra
Posts in topic: 6

Post by jmra »

G26ster wrote:Adam and Eve said, ‘Lord, when we were in the garden...
This was awesome. Shared on FB.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

G26ster wrote:<SNIP>

And Cat, well, he didn’t give a flip one way or the other.
"rlol"

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

Abraham wrote:Cats are wonderful creatures.

We have two that I love dearly.

One is a Manx who loves water so much that when I head into the shower he joins me.

All our cats have been rescued primarily by me.
Agreed Abraham. Cats are highly intelligent and sensitive creatures. My cat is very well-behaved. He will come when called, and he even knows how to "give me five". The people in this article are an embarrassment to the human race. People like that need to be sterilized. More than likely, the cat was provoked. People really need to watch infants and young children around animals, as they tend to unintentionally get too rough with them. 99% of the time when a pet attacks, it's due to something the owner has done, whether it's misreading body language or even improper training.

Ok off my soapbox now. :mrgreen:
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Many years ago my (at that time soon to be) wife came to our relationship with a rescue Siamese. Darn near 2 feet long nose to hip (not including tail) and 20lbs of the meanest cat I had ever met in my life! He and I had about 6-7 months of sparring for the Alpha male of the house. After tending to several rips of flesh, mine not his, I finally got down to his level! He jumped at me one day after disciplining him but I was watching and grabbed him as he reached me. I proceeded to hold him down and bite him back while I hissed and scream and yowl just like a bigger cat. By the time I finished he was screaming back at me in pure terror! Took me two days to get all of the cat hair out of my teeth...

After that I never had a problem with him though over the next 16 years I did occasionally have to grab him by the scruff of his neck with my teeth and quietly reassert my dominance...

All in all he ended up being one of the two most loving cats to my wife and I we have ever had, and the smartest. I swear he knew more cuss words than I do and used them towards me several times! I miss that damn cat...

True story!

p.s., you also now know where my screen name comes from...
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

jmra wrote:
G26ster wrote:Adam and Eve said, ‘Lord, when we were in the garden...
This was awesome. Shared on FB.
....as did I. :thumbs2:

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

I don't get it. We have two cats and a feral started getting in through the cat door. Finally she barricaded herself in the garage. I put on leather gloves that went to my elbows went in threw a blanket on her grabbed her and put her in a carrier. We relocated her a bit further away from our house, but not so far that she is outside her known area. No fuss, no muss, she is now respecting our house. If I can do that with a feral cat, a wild animal, why do we need LEO's for an angry house cat.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

mamabearCali wrote:I don't get it. We have two cats and a feral started getting in through the cat door. Finally she barricaded herself in the garage. I put on leather gloves that went to my elbows went in threw a blanket on her grabbed her and put her in a carrier. We relocated her a bit further away from our house, but not so far that she is outside her known area. No fuss, no muss, she is now respecting our house. If I can do that with a feral cat, a wild animal, why do we need LEO's for an angry house cat.
Maybe....it's because you're not a sissy? :woohoo

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

G26ster wrote:Adam and Eve said, ‘Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you anymore. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us.’
Thanks for that. I'll be passing it around. (with attribute.)

baron
Banned

Post by baron »

Oldgringo wrote:
mamabearCali wrote:I don't get it. We have two cats and a feral started getting in through the cat door. Finally she barricaded herself in the garage. I put on leather gloves that went to my elbows went in threw a blanket on her grabbed her and put her in a carrier. We relocated her a bit further away from our house, but not so far that she is outside her known area. No fuss, no muss, she is now respecting our house. If I can do that with a feral cat, a wild animal, why do we need LEO's for an angry house cat.
Maybe....it's because you're not a sissy? :woohoo
When I was in high school, we had to evict a raccoon. No permanent damage to any parties. The coon was shaken up and maybe bruised a bit, but it got a peanut butter sandwich for its trouble.

Return to “Off-Topic”