We are doomed when a cat can hold a family hostage.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 1

Re: We are doomed when a cat can hold a family hostage.

Post by PUCKER »

Syntyr wrote:Had a 110 lb German shepherd bite me once. Grabbed his tail hauled him up off his hind feet and chomped down on his tail. I then yelled NO at him. That dog became the best GSD I ever had. Course I spent 5 minutes spitting fur out of my mouth!
My 178 lb Great Dane (who has since passed, rest his sweet soul) was getting to big for his britches in his younger years, I laid on top of him and gave him a little nip on his ear...he YELPED like crazy...but he got the message, that was the first & last problem I had with him. Best dog I ever had. :tiphat:

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Maxwell »

Abraham wrote:Cats are wonderful creatures.

We have two that I love dearly.

One is a Manx who loves water so much that when I head into the shower he joins me.

All our cats have been rescued primarily by me.

Loved my Manx. Had him for 18 years. When I got him he fit into my hand and then grew into an 19lb meatloaf. Sweetest, smartest cat I've ever known.

On the other hand we had a Siamese Tomcat, wife adopted him from the street before we met. Mean as could be! Put an adult into the hospital on two occasions! I had to pin him down and bit him back for 15 minutes to get Alpha status. And no I did not talk to him in English, it was pure "cat" hiss and spit. Spent two days cleaning the cat fur out of my teeth... After that he was fine for the next 16+ years though he and the Manx fought continuously. We have 35+lbs of cats rolling across the bed at 3:00 in the morning. :eek6

p.s., Sweet, quiet, lovable Manx won most of them. :thumbs2:

Max
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

G0C

Post by G0C »

I am more disappointed they actually sent cops to rescue the fraidy cats.

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 2

Post by n5wmk »

Syntyr wrote:Course I spent 5 minutes spitting fur out of my mouth!
"rlol"
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

n5wmk wrote:
Syntyr wrote:Course I spent 5 minutes spitting fur out of my mouth!
"rlol"
Been there, too! :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

Our Corgi/Cocker mix snapped at & scratched our infant once. ONCE.

Dog's still alive....but, after the whipping my wife gave it, it gives both of them a wide berth.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Oldgringo »

talltex wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Miss BOO asks, "Daddy, when do we go back to Montana, eh"?
:thumbs2: Looks like Miss Boo has pretty good personnel on her staff ...lol
Thank you, not only is she an exceptionally good traveler, she is spoiled rotten. She chose us over all the others in a RV park on Lake Fork some seven years ago and is now most definitely a beloved family member. She goes where we go and it's nearing time for us to go.....way up north.

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

While the wife and I are both animal lovers, being owned by four cats and three dogs, we also have five acres, several .22s, and a couple shovels. If one of the critters acts aggressively towards our children, they're getting a lesson they won't soon forget. If they attack and hurt our child, the critter's getting a funeral, and we'll cry over it later.

This applies towards any two-legged critters that invite themselves in as well.

NavyVet1959

Post by NavyVet1959 »

I've seen this on various forums and the general consensus is that this metrosexual skinny-jean-wearing quiche-eating "guy" needs to turn in his "man card" -- assuming he ever had one. Of course, this might just be an indication of the types of forums that I frequent and the type of people that reside there. :)

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Don't like cats, but they like me.

I am addicted to funny cat videos on you tube though. I keep watching this one that has Jedi cats. I crack up every time I watch it. Then there's the cat that is barking like a dog out a window and as soon as the cat sees the owner, it starts meowing. Too funny!!

Yeah, fat kitty would be no more if he got near my baby.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Oldgringo »

CHLLady wrote:Don't like cats, but they like me.

I am addicted to funny cat videos on you tube though. I keep watching this one that has Jedi cats. I crack up every time I watch it. Then there's the cat that is barking like a dog out a window and as soon as the cat sees the owner, it starts meowing. Too funny!!

Yeah, fat kitty would be no more if he got near my baby.
Cats know things. :twisted:

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

People have no idea the nature of ridiculous calls the police receive EVERY day...... This just sheds light on one :smilelol5:

NavyVet1959

Post by NavyVet1959 »

texanjoker wrote:People have no idea the nature of ridiculous calls the police receive EVERY day...... This just sheds light on one :smilelol5:
I'm inclined to think that police should only be called when there is a REAL issue. Calling the cops because you have a snake in your yard or a cat you cannot control is ridiculous. If you call for minor things like that, you should be required to surrender your "man card".

I remember when I was doing SP duty in the Navy one cold winter night at Great Lakes Naval Base (not the boot camp portion of it). We got a call from one of the barracks where one of the roommates had come in drunk and decided to beat the crap out of the other roommate. OK, I can understand getting a call for something like that, but for a *cat*? Give me a break!

All in all though, I much preferred the boring SP watches. The exciting ones tended to be rough on the uniforms. When I was doing MAA duty at Norfolk, the most exciting thing that we did was practicing picking the locks on handcuffs. Most of us were just TAD there and passing time while waiting on our new ship to come into port.

SAK

Post by SAK »

karder wrote:I like cats and have had a couple of really cool ones. Any animal that is going to live in your home and be a part of your family needs training. These guys obviously don't know how to deal with the cat, have not set rules, and need to give the cat to a better home.
In about 15 years, they will be locked in their bedroom with that kid threatening them from the other side of the door. Dad needs to put on his pants and get control of the home situation.

Ain't that the truth. :iagree:

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

Don't mess with the cat.

I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

Return to “Off-Topic”