Ebola outbreak in Africa

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Ebola outbreak in Africa

Post by mojo84 »

It'll be Bush's fault. Then when that hits on deaf ears, it'll be Congress' fault for failing to act and pass legislation. Here comes another executive order.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 79

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/polic ... y/27563898" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

People not wanting an Ebola quarantine hospital in their area, attacked it. Scattering the patients with Ebola into their large city. In addition the hospital was looted. People carried off mattresses containing bodily fluids containing the Ebola virus.

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 18

Post by mamabearCali »

They have a death wish. I don't know whether to say " you stupid wretches", or to fall in my knees in prayer and fear for the now many more people that will die as a result of this horror show. Probably both would be appropriate.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

jmra
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jmra »

philip964 wrote:http://www.click2houston.com/news/polic ... y/27563898

People not wanting an Ebola quarantine hospital in their area, attacked it. Scattering the patients with Ebola into their large city. In addition the hospital was looted. People carried off mattresses containing bodily fluids containing the Ebola virus.
No cure for stupid.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

CHLLady
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CHLLady »

Horribly macabre. It's like the making of a B horror movie, but it actually happened. Incredible.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

VMI77
Posts in topic: 10

Post by VMI77 »

mamabearCali wrote:They have a death wish. I don't know whether to say " you stupid wretches", or to fall in my knees in prayer and fear for the now many more people that will die as a result of this horror show. Probably both would be appropriate.
I think you may have no real concept of how primitive and superstitious people are in some places on the African continent. A lot of these people are uneducated, illiterate, and have, at best, an 18th century understanding of medicine. That's really more a case of ignorance than stupidity.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Their ignorance will cost many lives. Their own will only be the start. Even in the 18th century we understood quarantine of those with highly lethal diseases.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

Ebola case is suspected in US.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/health/sacrame ... 35661.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

It will come here eventually. My primary hope is that since we have very good isolation units we can keep it isolated. Also those who have better care tend to have better survival rates then they are immune and possibly their blood can be studied for a treatment. (I have no idea about things like that---not a MD).

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 27

Post by anygunanywhere »

Possible case in Sacramento, California.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Ebola.html

Blood samples drawn and sent for analysis.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://news.yahoo.com/fears-rumours-ebo ... sAzrTQtDMD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Air France still flying to Freetown, but planes are under staffed as it is hard to find crew.

Flight is tense.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/09/02/ ... f-control/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Director of CDC says Ebola spiraling out of control.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

It is like the plagues of years gone by. Terrifying. You hear of these things in far off places and you wait hoping and praying that a boat (or a plane) won't bring disaster to your city.

jmra
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jmra »

If this thing truly is spiraling out of control it is because of lack of education and strict adherence to tradition. This has been stopped in other places because they did what needed to be done. They disposed of contaminated clothes and bodies quickly and properly and they isolated the infected.
These idiots chase the infected out of hospitals and steal the mattresses the sick were sleeping on. They refuse to change the way they handle the dead further spreading the disease in the process.
The only thing these people need to be saved from is themselves. We haven't done a great job of helping people in other parts of the world do that and we won't be successful doing so in this case either.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Off-Topic”