Ebola outbreak in Africa

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ebola outbreak in Africa

Post by Dadtodabone »

Excerpt from "The Last Centurion" by John Ringo.
We didn't cut off international travel. Everyone else cut off international travel from us. Of course, by then it was too late.
The book is a fictional account of an outbreak in China of an extremely virulent avian flu that jumps species. The governmental response is eerily similar to what is currently transpiring in Washington. Ideologically driven decisions that have horrific consequences.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Excaliber »

I'd appreciate it if those who believe that our country's response to Ebola is due to ordinary incompetence could help me understand by explaining this latest bit of news under that theory.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 27

Post by anygunanywhere »

Excaliber wrote:I'd appreciate it if those who believe that our country's response to Ebola is due to ordinary incompetence could help me understand by explaining this latest bit of news under that theory.
That article blows the Hanlon's Razor explanation clean out of the discussion.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Keith B
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Keith B »

Excaliber wrote:I'd appreciate it if those who believe that our country's response to Ebola is due to ordinary incompetence could help me understand by explaining this latest bit of news under that theory.
The article is a bit of creative editing. The process was not just for West Africa, but for any visa. The work had been ongoing, and the dates just happened to coincide with when Duncan came into the country.

I do not disagree that they are working to create more opportunity for these types of things to come into the country, including terrorists, but I believe it is due to a total incompetence in looking at the whole picture and risks vs. a malicious attempt at trying to bring infected individuals or potential terrorists into the country. The Democrats and their liberal views are that we need to be welcoming and warm and allow those less fortunate to come in easier. They are wearing rose colored glasses and fail to do any oversight on the risks involved with opening the borders. I DO think that they realize by bringing in these people from other countries and allowing them to vote they get more people who will vote Democrat, but I still believe they are just incompetent ninnies and have no real clue what they are doing to this country.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

Keith - The strange thing is that I hope you are right. :banghead:
NRA Endowment Member

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TomsTXCHL »

The entire Federal Government is incompetant. Why should anyone expect a competant response to this outbreak?

If the medical community allows the virus to infiltrate their own, there will be no one left to fight the disease. Be very afraid.

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TomsTXCHL »

philip964 wrote:Ebola Czar picked by WH has no medical training at all.

No surprise there.
Ha, ha, the government will not save us. The czar's job is to keep us all thinking they're doing something while they figure-out how to save themselves.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

From the National Review.
The shocking competence gap and the cavernous honesty gap — brought to you by the “most transparent administration in history” — make our heads spin as we careen from debacle to government-induced debacle. In the tumult, we can miss the main point: Why do we have a federal government?
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... c-mccarthy
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 34

Post by sjfcontrol »

In discussing this on Fox News this afternoon, somebody said Obama doesn't see this as an Ebola problem -- he sees it as a political problem concerning Ebola. So the correct thing to do (from his perspective) is to hire somebody that can solve the political problem. Which is what he did.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 23

Post by The Annoyed Man »

sjfcontrol wrote:In discussing this on Fox News this afternoon, somebody said Obama doesn't see this as an Ebola problem -- he sees it as a political problem concerning Ebola. So the correct thing to do (from his perspective) is to hire somebody that can solve the political problem. Which is what he did.
I've made this point all along, that he is treating public health as a political patronage and a political problem before he even begins to consider the epidemiological considerations.

More nonsense coming out of Houston...... http://gopthedailydose.com/2014/10/16/j ... epidemic/#
Jackson Lee and Dems – No Reason To Ban Ebola Travelers Until We Reach An Epidemic
Posted on 16 October, 2014 by Rick Wells

Once again the political debate has come down to a choice between what is best for the American people versus what the Democrats want politically. The fact that the discussion involves a debate over such an obvious threat to the lives of millions of Americans doesn’t enter into the Democrat thought process. They’ve got an open-borders agenda and that, not the citizens of our nation, is what will be protected.
I did not know that Sheila Jackson Lee was an epidemiologist......
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MeMelYup »

Ebola gets a foothold in the U.S., what part of the cities will be hit the hardest?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

MeMelYup wrote:Ebola gets a foothold in the U.S., what part of the cities will be hit the hardest?
Democrat strongholds.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Keith B »

WildBill wrote:Keith - The strange thing is that I hope you are right. :banghead:
Me too. :leaving
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Excaliber »

Keith B wrote:
The article is a bit of creative editing. The process was not just for West Africa, but for any visa. The work had been ongoing, and the dates just happened to coincide with when Duncan came into the country.

I do not disagree that they are working to create more opportunity for these types of things to come into the country, including terrorists, but I believe it is due to a total incompetence in looking at the whole picture and risks vs. a malicious attempt at trying to bring infected individuals or potential terrorists into the country. The Democrats and their liberal views are that we need to be welcoming and warm and allow those less fortunate to come in easier. They are wearing rose colored glasses and fail to do any oversight on the risks involved with opening the borders. I DO think that they realize by bringing in these people from other countries and allowing them to vote they get more people who will vote Democrat, but I still believe they are just incompetent ninnies and have no real clue what they are doing to this country.
At this point the question of motive is probably academic. In either case, the results of what they're doing is the same - catastrophe.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 79

Post by philip964 »

Dadtodabone wrote:Excerpt from "The Last Centurion" by John Ringo.
We didn't cut off international travel. Everyone else cut off international travel from us. Of course, by then it was too late.
The book is a fictional account of an outbreak in China of an extremely virulent avian flu that jumps species. The governmental response is eerily similar to what is currently transpiring in Washington. Ideologically driven decisions that have horrific consequences.

Very interesting. If Ebola gets bad in the US after Africa. I wonder how Americans will feel when we are unable to leave and escape to other parts of the wold.

Bets on whether high ranking government officials and their families will be given special treatment to leave. You know so they can carry on the government after we are all dead.

Return to “Off-Topic”