Man Tased for Rifle OC in San Antonio

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 6

Man Tased for Rifle OC in San Antonio

Post by WildBill »

I can't find where this is already running. :headscratch

A San Antonio man was reportedly arrested while openly carrying his rifle while on a walk near his home on Monday.
The incident, which was video recorded by the gun owner, started out as a calm and reasonable conversation but
ended dramatically with cops tasing the man before they put him in handcuffs.

I wonder if this will be a test case of San Antonio laws trying to override Texas Law.

[youtube][/youtube]

See Tasering at 11:00 mins

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04 ... ee-coming/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Man Tased for Rifle OC in San Antonio

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Says he was released without being charged. Guess maybe he was not pointing his rifle at anybody and someone was dishonest since that someone at one point later said he was free to go. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I don't believe LEO's can taser peaceful Law Abiding Citizens, so I hope he gets a nice settlement and somebody gets fired.
III

jmra

Post by jmra »

rbwhatever1 wrote:Says he was released without being charged. Guess maybe he was not pointing his rifle at anybody and someone was dishonest since that someone at one point later said he was free to go. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I don't believe LEO's can taser peaceful Law Abiding Citizens, so I hope he gets a nice settlement and somebody gets fired.
:iagree:
Somebody needs to get fired and have a criminal record.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Beiruty »

I smell a law suit and someone is being fired.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

Beiruty wrote:I smell a law suit and someone is being fired.
There might be a lawsuit. No one will be fired. This is San Antonio. They ban lock blade knives. The progressives of SA do not care about rights or law. Even if a lawsuit is filed, if the trial is held locally in SA, the progressives on the jury will find for the city.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

anygunanywhere wrote:
There might be a lawsuit. No one will be fired. This is San Antonio. They ban lock blade knives. The progressives of SA do not care about rights or law. Even if a lawsuit is filed, if the trial is held locally in SA, the progressives on the jury will find for the city.

Anygunanywhere
The ordinance would be found un-enforceable and contradicts state law. The arrest would be found unjustified. I would urge the law suit be in Federal court for constitutional civil right violations.
Beiruty,

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Beiruty wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:

Anygunanywhere
The ordinance would be found un-enforceable and contradicts state law. The arrest would be found unjustified. I would urge the law suit be in Federal court for constitutional civil right violations.
If the lawsuit was reviewed by the correct judges, maybe.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Maybe Gregg Abott should sue the SA city to clean up their books.
Beiruty,

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Beiruty wrote:Maybe Gregg Abott should sue the SA city to clean up their books.
Nice one, Beiruty!

Anygunanywhere

puma guy
Posts in topic: 12

Post by puma guy »

There will be myriad trumped up charges after the fact on this young man that he will have to fight. When the lawsuit is brought (in which he will surely prevail) I hope he doesn't settle out of court. The attorney general needs to get involved in this as well and challenge the SA attempts to overide state laws.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

puma guy wrote:There will be myriad trumped up charges after the fact on this young man that he will have to fight. When the lawsuit is brought (in which he will surely prevail) I hope he doesn't settle out of court. The attorney general needs to get involved in this as well and challenge the SA attempts to overide state laws.
They knew they were being recorded, trumped up charges are unlikely in those circumstances.. At least charges that last much longer than 24 hours.

I'm unclear - does SA have an ordinance against OC of long guns? If so, then he was breaking the law from the LEO's perspective. It's not their job to interpret it. You're saying that it will be overturned, but we've got metro areas like Chicago where these types of restrictions are valid.

If someone really did call and say that he was pointing the gun, then the stop is valid.. and perhaps taking the firearm away is valid in that circumstance. If that call didn't happen, then it's bad news.

Sheesh... They certainly solved the problem at hand.

It makes a bit proud of APD in Austin - even a more dangerous circumstance (downtown, lots of people) - they handled it much better:
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=71810" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know that most of you think these guys aren't helping the 2nd amendment at all, but when I see events like this, I've got to ask: What 2nd Amendment?

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MeMelYup »

Sorry but the Police Officers vocabulary in the subject is way out there, at timed he is almost babbling. The Police Officer is very worked up without cause and keeping himself in that state.

RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

cb1000rider wrote:[quote="puma guy"

I'm unclear - does SA have an ordinance against OC of long guns? ?

Sec. 21-16. Carrying loaded rifle or shotgun.permanent link to this piece of content

It shall be unlawful for any person, other than duly authorized peace officers, to carry a loaded rifle or shotgun on any public street within the city or in a motor vehicle while the same is being operated on any public street within the city.
copied from their muni code
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

RetNavy wrote:
cb1000rider wrote:[quote="puma guy"

I'm unclear - does SA have an ordinance against OC of long guns? ?

Sec. 21-16. Carrying loaded rifle or shotgun.permanent link to this piece of content

It shall be unlawful for any person, other than duly authorized peace officers, to carry a loaded rifle or shotgun on any public street within the city or in a motor vehicle while the same is being operated on any public street within the city.
copied from their muni code
That ordinance is not valid as you cannot preempt state firearms laws.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Off-Topic”