Jeep Owners!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 5

Jeep Owners!

Post by G.A. Heath »

I know there are more than 1 Jeep Owner here, and since spring is here lets have a little fun and show off our Jeeps and maybe talk about them a bit.

In the case of mine it has proven what a stock Wrangler can do. I took it to Jeep Fest in McCamey along with the Desert Rattler 4x4 club. The initial split in the trail to the right was for more stock vehicles, the trail on the left was for modified vehicles. We were busy communicating in our group and did not see the first split and went on the right trail. Only had trouble with one obstacle when I high centered on a rock buried in deep sand that no one until after I got off of it. For the most part many people, myself included, were surprised by what the stock 06 LJ Rubi was able do. Of course it didn't hurt that I was very picky about my line.

This machine serves as my daily driver, hunting vehicle, and toy.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Jeep Owners!

Post by mojo84 »

I had an "83 Jeep Wrangler. Miss it to this very day.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

My wife's 2011 in the foreground and the '81 in the background.

Selcouth

Post by Selcouth »

Nice Jeeps you guys have. I own a lonely 92 Bronco, but my buddy owns a YJ. He loves taking it out to Bridgeport with his fellow Jeep Brethren. In hopes I'll get the 4wd fixed next weekend so I can start making some trips out that way with him. :cool:

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Carry-a-Kimber: Nice Sahara and CJ. And for some reason I suspect your a Kimber owner like myself as well....
Selcouth: Bronco's are genetic relatives to Jeeps, they can trace their roots back to the Ford GPW (WWII Jeep built by Ford for Uncle Sam).
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?

FuziDave
Posts in topic: 2

Post by FuziDave »

i'm a little late to the party, but i got there ;)
proud owner of a new (to me) 2010 Wrangler. had it for almost 24 hours now. :mrgreen:

i'd like advice on lock boxes or the such to hold a gun should i not be able to carry it somewhere.
Attachments
myJeep
myJeep
FuziDave

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Always wanted a Jeep. My daughter also likes them. Maybe she'll have one when she grows up and will take me for a ride.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

FuziDave wrote:i'm a little late to the party, but i got there ;)
proud owner of a new (to me) 2010 Wrangler. had it for almost 24 hours now. :mrgreen:

i'd like advice on lock boxes or the such to hold a gun should i not be able to carry it somewhere.
Welcome to the club, There is no late to the Jeep Party, after all many Jeepers see the speed limit as being a very optimistic goal that they might hit someday with a strong tail wind and going down hill.

I personally like the Tuffy Products Lock Box I have in my LJ, in fact my local sheriff really likes it as well. They make a number of security products for Jeep across many years. You can find their products at http://www.tuffyproducts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

C-dub wrote:Always wanted a Jeep. My daughter also likes them. Maybe she'll have one when she grows up and will take me for a ride.
Come out here to Gaines County and we'll let you go for a ride in mine. Just remember that JEEP stands for "Just Empty Every Pocket..."

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

Oh you jeep guys...
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

G.A. Heath wrote:
C-dub wrote:Always wanted a Jeep. My daughter also likes them. Maybe she'll have one when she grows up and will take me for a ride.
Come out here to Gaines County and we'll let you go for a ride in mine. Just remember that JEEP stands for "Just Empty Every Pocket..."
I had to look up Gaines County. I haven't been that far West in quite a while. If I ever do, I'll have to let ya'll know I'm coming and maybe we could arrange something. I have an acquaintance up in Lubbock I might have to actually meet while out there.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

C-dub wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:
I had to look up Gaines County. I haven't been that far West in quite a while. If I ever do, I'll have to let ya'll know I'm coming and maybe we could arrange something. I have an acquaintance up in Lubbock I might have to actually meet while out there.
Sounds Good.

FuziDave

Post by FuziDave »

G.A. Heath wrote:I personally like the Tuffy Products Lock Box I have in my LJ, in fact my local sheriff really likes it as well. They make a number of security products for Jeep across many years. You can find their products at http://www.tuffyproducts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thanks for that. that center console lock box looks like what i need.
FuziDave

Diesel42

Post by Diesel42 »

Well...
My submission is the offspring of the US giving the Japanese blue prints of the GM inline 6 engine back in the early 50's.
Toyota Land Cruisers were available in the US from 54 through 85.
This is one of several land cruisers I have owned, it came from Canada. It's a diesel,105 HP, non-turbo, 24 volt, and weighs 3800 lbs.
Happy Trails! N
Attachments
MVC-208F.JPG
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Diesel42 wrote:Well...
My submission is the offspring of the US giving the Japanese blue prints of the GM inline 6 engine back in the early 50's.
Toyota Land Cruisers were available in the US from 54 through 85.
This is one of several land cruisers I have owned, it came from Canada. It's a diesel,105 HP, non-turbo, 24 volt, and weighs 3800 lbs.
Happy Trails! N
OK.... I am officially jealous and hate you. :lol:

I would love a setup like that. It looks like your bodywork is still in pretty good condition. A lot of those old Land Cruisers show a bit of rust here and there.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”